Sail Away rate cabin assignment

I am new to NCL. I am interested in booking a

Sail Away rate cabin on the Jade for a July 1, 2018 cruise, which sails in about 50+ days.

Payment is due in full upon booking and it is a guarantee cabin without any promo offers.

Does anyone know how soon after booking can the cabin be assigned ?

Anyone has prior experience of cabin assignment time? How long did you have to wait after you booked?

Has anyone else booked this cruise and still awaiting cabin assignment ? How long ago did you book?

Should I self book on the NCL web site or call their cruise consultant to book ?

Appreciations for sharing your experience or any advice given. Thank you in advance.

yellowbirdtoo

Two weeks ago we booked two guaranteed balconies on the escape for end of may, using sail away rate. About two days later we had our cabin assignments, and we're pleased with two Cat BB midship balconies only five cabins away from each other. Glad we chanced the sail away rate.

I must have been the first to book a sailaway on my cruise on the Bliss. I was able to pick from the 4 MX (mini-suite sailaway) cabins on the ship and ended up picking 8736 which = M6 (mini-suite with large balcony). I think its all about availability.

Edited by sbenja2003

Each time I’ve booked a Guarentee with NCL I’ve gotten the cabin assignment after the 90 day mark. The first time it was near 75 days and this last time it was 2 weeks before we left. Once I even got assigned a guarentee cabin while it was still under a 24hr hold! There really doesn’t seem like much rhyme or reason to when you’ll get your assignment. It can even be you won’t know your cabin till you get to the dock.

Just be sure you’re ok with the waiting game and will truly be ok with any cabin they give you. Because sometimes what they classify as an upgrade may not feel like an upgrade to you (like a porthole OV on deck 4 instead of an obstructed OV on deck 8). I’ve always been happy with my cabin assignments but like Gump says “you never know whatcha gonna get!”

Happy Cruising!

I am new to NCL. I am interested in booking a Sail Away rate cabin on the Jade for a July 1, 2018 cruise, which sails in about 50+ days. Payment is due in full upon booking and it is a guarantee cabin without any promo offers. Does anyone know how soon after booking can the cabin be assigned ? Anyone has prior experience of cabin assignment time? How long did you have to wait after you booked? Has anyone else booked this cruise and still awaiting cabin assignment ? How long ago did you book? Should I self book on the NCL web site or call their cruise consultant to book ? Appreciations for sharing your experience or any advice given. Thank you in advance.

yellowbirdtoo

Cabins can be assigned shortly after booking all the way to day of cruise. It varies by inventory in the ship and the number of people requesting upgrades.

If you intend to drink on the cruise, consider a slightly more expensive rate that includes the all you can drink Ultimate Becerage Package.

Call and use a reservation agent or travel agent. If you are new to NCL, that will help avoid mistakes.

Happy Crusing!

Sail Away rate cabin on the Jade for a July 1, 2018 cruise, which sails in about 50+ days.

Payment is due in full upon booking and it is a guarantee cabin without any promo offers.

Anyone has prior experience of cabin assignment time? How long did you have to wait after you booked?

Has anyone else booked this cruise and still awaiting cabin assignment ? How long ago did you book?

Should I self book on the NCL web site or call their cruise consultant to book ?

Appreciations for sharing your experience or any advice given. Thank you in advance.

yellowbirdtoo

Initial cabin assignments have come within a couple of days. Last week, I upgraded from an inside guarantee to an outside guarantee, two cabins, both Sailaway rates. The ocean views were assigned within an hour.

yellowbirdtoo

Just making sure you realize that you cannot change your cabin assignment if booking a Sailaway rate.

yellowbirdtoo

----

Thank you for all the good advice and shared experience from you experienced cruisers.

Based on the reads counter, you also helped many interested others with your replies.

I will call the the NCL cruise consultant tomorrow during business hours as advised.

I am not an alcohol drinker, so may be the Sail Away rate would not matter that much without the free drinks.

As one of you advised, I should be sure to think of and be o.k. with where the assigned cabin may end up being located. That is also a valid concern for me.Thanks for the reminder.

Anyone who actually booked this July 1, 2018 Jade sailing under the Sail Away rate?

If you already got your cabin assignment soon after booking, is your assigned cabin # from one of the available cabins listed as available under the regular higher rates that you can pick the cabin when you do a mock booking to see what is available under the same inside/ ocean view etc. category?

The Jade cabins are charged double occupancy rate even if only solo occupied. Does NCL ever charge a less than a 2x fare under the Sail Away rate as a solo occupancy promo, from their NCL consultant /a travel agent?

Much appreciations for helping out a new NCL cruiser.

Wish you all the best and many safe cruises ahead.

yellowbirdtoo

Just got back from Escape. We booked a sailaway balcony guarantee. It was a last minute booking for us and a first guarantee.

We got our cabin number in 5 days. It was forward deck 11. Couldn't be happier, great location. It was quite a walk every day from elevators but we needed it after all that delicious food :) I know it's a risk but we are definitely considering booking sailaway rate for our next cruise. It's a biggie from someone who booked only midship on all previous cruises :)

I booked a balcony guarantee on the Bliss in July 2017 (sailing fall 2018). I was assigned the lowest balcony cabin (BF) late last year (almost a year before sailing). I was surprised it was so early. I asked, but unlike other cruise lines, you cannot move cabins within the same category (with a guarantee). I got a really good deal, so not complaining.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked a balcony guarantee on the Bliss in July 2017 (sailing fall 2018). I was assigned the lowest balcony cabin (BF) late last year (almost a year before sailing). I was surprised it was so early. I asked, but unlike other cruise lines, you cannot move cabins within the same category (with a guarantee). I got a really good deal, so not complaining.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

thats odd being assigned so early.

it defeats the purpose of not being able to change your cabin since you are outside of final payment.

if you didnt like where you were assigned, just cancel and book another guarantee balcony

thats odd being assigned so early.

it defeats the purpose of not being able to change your cabin since you are outside of final payment.

if you didnt like where you were assigned, just cancel and book another guarantee balcony

Only if prices are the same! I got assigned in April for a February cruise. Would have preferred a higher deck, but rebooking now would be several hundred a person more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Only if prices are the same! I got assigned in April for a February cruise. Would have preferred a higher deck, but rebooking now would be several hundred a person more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Exactly. It is a lot more money now. It is fine, but I agree, I was surprised the cabin was booked so early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums