Panorama Family Harbor Suite

PeggySand

4 hours ago, Mrs CruisinCritter said:

We did a B2B in 2 different Family Harbor suites on the Horizon at the end of November. We were in 2402 on the Thanksgiving cruise and never heard a sound from above. We actually talked about all of the threads we had read on here complaining about the noise and thought everyone must have been crazy.

Those thoughts changed on the second leg. We moved to 2410 and we were miserable for the entire 6 days. All night long there was loud thumping and banging. Like there was a percussion section from a middle school marching band practicing above us all night. There was also some kind of cart being rolled back and forth. We barely slept on that leg. 

If you're in 2398, 2400, or 2402, I wouldn't worry. I can't speak to the odd numbered cabins in the same location on the opposite side though. Anyone in any of the higher, even numbered suites should re-think your location unless you can sleep through anything... and I mean anything. 

UGH - we are in 2408 on Panorama!

Thanks for the feedback....

• 2 months later...
On 12/28/2018 at 6:27 PM, Annabanana1234 said:

Not every family harbor room is under the galley.  I’m booked in room 2478 and the dining room is above us.  I always recommend reviewing the floor plan for your room and the space above or below.  I once had a room in the aft of triumph, a balcony and the pool deck was above us and I thought that would be perfect since at night it would be quite but I didn’t think they would be dragging chairs over the pool deck at 5am.  I learned my lesson.  I also heard some noise and vibration was felt from the Rutter as the ship turned to make dock on port days.  

I am looking at this exact room for 2020. Have you found pictures or video of the room? It looks larger than the others.

Thanks!!

• 10 months later...

Now that Panorama has had a few sailings, wondering if anyone has any further feedback on Family Harbour rooms on this ship. I'm sailing in March in a Family Harbour Suite and really hoping they have learned from mistakes and put in some sound proofing! Anyone with first hand knowledge?