Bevv

Future new terminals in Galveston?

From 10/7 Liberty Galveston cruise review

Capt. Anders confirmed Oasis will be coming to Galveston in 2020.  New class of ships to come named Icon.  Smaller than Oasis, larger than freedom. 

Great! The more the merrier. I live close enough to Galveston to drive in the morning of a cruise so I'm all for having as many options as possible.

Now if we can just convince them that there are other destinations than Mexico, Roatan, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Belize. Oh, and the Bahamas. Almost forgot them since they’re so forgettable. Perhaps teach the RCI folks to count past 7. I know, I know, the ships sail full and vacation time and bla bla bla.  How about just 2 different 10 or 11 night trips a year?  Hey, I can dream.  

39 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Now if we can just convince them that there are other destinations than Mexico, Roatan, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Belize. Oh, and the Bahamas. Almost forgot them since they’re so forgettable. Perhaps teach the RCI folks to count past 7. I know, I know, the ships sail full and vacation time and bla bla bla.  How about just 2 different 10 or 11 night trips a year?  Hey, I can dream.  

I agree!!  They can sail 7 nights the majority of the time, but throw in a few longer cruises a few times a year.  And some different port options would be great!

On 10/18/2018 at 6:11 AM, lifes-a-beach said:

We're probably losing a port. Grand Cayman. If I remember correctly, Oasis class ships don't tender and the Cayman Islands is a tender port.

True but there is a push to build docks there. They won’t happen quickly (if at all) but maybe eventually. Also I don’t know what RC’s plan is for Liberty or her replacement. If she stays in Galveston Grand Cayman will likely remain available. 

Since the 20-21 schedules for Caribbean are supposed to be out on Dec. 10, we should know then what ship will be in Galveston in the future. Hoping it is not an older, smaller ship. Any news of how the proposed third terminal is coming along?

On 11/12/2018 at 3:30 PM, 39august said:

Since the 20-21 schedules for Caribbean are supposed to be out on Dec. 10, we should know then what ship will be in Galveston in the future. Hoping it is not an older, smaller ship. Any news of how the proposed third terminal is coming along?

Everything is progressing. 

Galveston RCL Ships according to present schedules: 

First day for Vision is March 11, 2019 from New Orleans 

Last day for Vision is April 19, 2019. Trans Atlantic 

First day for Enchantment is May 6, 2019 from Florida 

Last day for Enchantment is April 27, 2020. 

Last day for Liberty is April 26, 2020.

I believe that April date for LB is due to the fact that May 2020 and into 2021 schedules are not released yet.