Survey from surveydirect

I got an email today asking me to take a survey about my experiences as a Regent Cruiser, and I am wondering if anyone else got this. I am concerned it is phishing of some sort or a scam. However, if it is not I am happy to take the survey and maybe win a free cruise.

What are your thoughts?

Here is part of the info in the email:

As a Regent Seven Seas Cruise guest, they would like to get your feedback to improve their offerings. The survey will take about 20 minutes to complete. In exchange for sharing your opinions with us, you will be entered in a sweepstakes for a chance to win a cruise from Regent Seven Seas Cruises.

When you are ready to begin this survey, please click on the link below (or copy it into your web browser)

Survey Link: http://ns10.askia.com/Webprod/cgi-bin/askiaext.dll?Action=DoExternalPanel&SurveyName=P118973&Broker=999&BaseCountry=2&Cntry=1&Sample=2&MOD=3&BrokerPanelId=Live46186

Unless I heard from other posters that they have received the survey, I would not respond. What makes me suspicious is giving away a free cruise. This is not something that Regent does. Anyway, just my opinion.

I received the same email. Probably legit, but poorly done since the title was "Please share your thoughts on travel for Regency Seven Seas Cruise." Recently? Really?

The fact that two actual Regent cruisers received this and it would be a poor choice of targets for phishers--much better percentage if they address scams to "problems with your Visa card", etc.--leads me to believe inept, not scam.

However, I don't plan on responding. We provide very specific feedback after each cruise which ought to be more useful than any generic survey.

I received it as well. It went directly to my spam folder, I do not plan to respond to it. Though if the survey is commissioned by Regent they should be made aware how poorly it is written.

I received it as well. It went directly to my spam folder, I do not plan to respond to it. Though if the survey is commissioned by Regent they should be made aware how poorly it is written.

Are you sure that it commissioned by Regent or did they just say that? I can't imagine anyone that knows Regent to put out information that says "Regency Seven Seas Cruises". If I receive it I will immediately block it.

Yesterday an email was sent from a research partner on behalf of Regent Seven Seas Cruises with our brand name spelled incorrectly. We apologize for their mistake, and the confusion this may have caused.

Feedback from our past guests is extremely valuable and this survey was sent to a randomly selected group of past guests, and there is a sweepstakes for a free cruise on Regent Seven Seas Cruises for those complete the survey.

It is interesting that the address that Survey Direct uses at the bottom of the e-mail ( 340 S. Lemon Avenue #9250 Walnut CA 91789) is a mailbox service. There is also no Survey Direct website as such. Both of those things threw up BIG red flags for me.

Thank you TravelCat for confirming that is is a legitimate survey.

Yesterday an email was sent from a research partner on behalf of Regent Seven Seas Cruises with our brand name spelled incorrectly. We apologize for their mistake, and the confusion this may have caused.

Feedback from our past guests is extremely valuable and this survey was sent to a randomly selected group of past guests, and there is a sweepstakes for a free cruise on Regent Seven Seas Cruises for those complete the survey.

Thanks for the info, Jason.

At least the number of survey link emails that have been deleted or have gone into spam should increase the chances of winning the sweepstake for those that do complete the survey ;)

Is the sweepstake open to all survey responders or only those resident in North America?

It was sent to us Jason and next June will be our very first cruise with Regent ;p

It was sent to us Jason and next June will be our very first cruise with Regent ;p

Happy that you received the survey and truly hope that the free cruise is won by someone that has not sailed Regent previously.

Happy that you received the survey and truly hope that the free cruise is won by someone that has not sailed Regent previously.

Jason’s post is clear that the survey is targeted at past guests.

I understood Gary to be pointing out that it will be difficult for him to provide feedback when he has not sailed ........... but I wish him luck anyway.

Given Jason's assurances, I dug the email out of my spam box and completed the survey. Not to worry if you haven't sailed Regent before. It's not about the Regent experience. It's an "understand your market" survey. While it doesn't really ask for commentary about Regent per se, it does ask a lot of [multiple choice] questions about what drives your purchase decisions. It's worth giving that feedback if you'd like to see Regent go (or continue) in your favored directions.

Even though the amateurish, red flag-laden, email was off-putting, the survey itself is very well-constructed, if a bit lengthy.

Is the sweepstake open to all survey responders or only those resident in North America?

flossie009,

Yes, the sweepstakes opportunity is open to U.K. and Australia guests as well. And more specifically, I should add clarity that this is available to U.S guests vs. all North America residents.

flossie009,

Yes, the sweepstakes opportunity is open to U.K. and Australia guests as well. And more specifically, I should add clarity that this is available to U.S guests vs. all North America residents.

Thanks for your prompt reply, Jason

garyb(uk)

We look forward to welcoming you on board your first RSSC voyage next year!

You are correct, we have also sent the survey to Future Booked guests as we acknowledge you will ultimately become Past Guests in due course.