Service Reward Letter

jeanlyon

Just looking through these posts and it seems some are more focused on others Tips/ AG'S.

When some poster puts they remove AG'S as they like to pay in person (Their choice) and

pay more or the same amount in full, you then get posts reading "but do they ?"

Then we get a posters saying "we pay full AG's and more " ..... But do they ?

What's good for the Goose as the saying goes. Does it really matter ?

I think we should look at P&O as it is their rules that are making some think this way and this will suit P&O otherwise

why would they start printing these letters ?

For the poster who wants to e-mail the person who signed these letters off then you need to write to Paul Ludlow (senior vice president P&O cruises) and tell him about being stupid.;)

Edited by kalos

Just looking through these posts and it seems some are more focused on others Tips/ AG'S.

When some poster puts they remove AG'S as they like to pay in person (Their choice) and

I think we should look at P&O as it is their rules that are making some think this way and this will suit P&O otherwise

For the poster who wants to e-mail the person who signed these letters off then you need to write to Paul Ludlow (senior vice president P&O cruises) and tell him about being stupid.;)

Or tell them to include gratuitys in the cruise price and everyone pays something and if anyone wants to give extra the crew know it is a tip.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Perfectly serious.

I have never understood what people think the cabin stewards do to be anything special. They make the bed, change the towels and occasionally run a vacuum around (and even then they don't bother to clean under the bed). Nothing I wouldn't expect from any hotel anywhere in the world.

As for the wine waiters, in Freedom dining for some reason they never have the wine list on the table so you have to wait for the wine waiter to bring it. By the time you have decided on your choice and then waited for the wine waiter to deign to return to take the order and then finally returned with the wine a considerable time has passed.

The MDR waiters are the only ones who deliver a reasonable service, if pushed.

So you don’t leave a tip for the chambermaid when staying a hotel. In the trade your what they call a bad blood

I am with you on that, and also came to same conclusion.

Or tell them to include gratuitys in the cruise price and everyone pays something and if anyone wants to give extra the crew know it is a tip.

Which is what some of us have done and most agree they would like this to happen .

I have cruised a lot with Thomson as it was back then and we had no problem tipping cash to the crew even though tips were included. So we paid more , our choice nothing to do with anyone else.

I don't get hung up on who pays what. What I do want to see is a more fair system for the crew of

P&O ,which Surely is what you ,I and others would want. Now how to get P&O to alter from what

they are doing is a different matter.

Heard that from you sooooooooooooo many times.

I have come to the conclusion that PO will manipulate any system , because they will invent it and will invent what they want from it.

Secondly I am also sure that, whilst I want a good wage for the staff, it really is not for me to start questioning what other people do. If they want to leave AG's off and that means they go up for those who pay, then that is up to each individual, though the evidence is lacking that is the reason for increases. I cannot complain how others spend their money. I can say what I would do, try and raise arguments to change someone else's mind. But to have the gall as to complain about their freewill choice, because it affects my freewill choice and because I feel obliged to exercise my freewill to do something I can now say they are wrong and are costing me money is an insane argument.

I have come to the conclusion that PO will manipulate any system , because they will invent it and will invent what they want from it.

Secondly I am also sure that, whilst I want a good wage for the staff, it really is not for me to start questioning what other people do. If they want to leave AG's off and that means they go up for those who pay, then that is up to each individual, though the evidence is lacking that is the reason for increases. I cannot complain how others spend their money. I can say what I would do, try and raise arguments to change someone else's mind. But to have the gall as to complain about their freewill choice, because it affects my freewill choice and because I feel obliged to exercise my freewill to do something I can now say they are wrong and are costing me money is an insane argument.

You raise some very good points.

The letter of shame has not been stopped as was only recently delivered on Oriana so proves that P&O do not listen to anyone. The only difference is that the letters are put in envelopes.

We too were on the Oriana and no these letters were not in envelopes and ours was placed on the bed.

Edited by Scorpio41
on not om

I was tempted to go to Reception with the letter, but then we both thought "We;re on holiday, why should we bother", so we binned the letter.

We reiterated our reasons and handed it in to reception. I expect it won't be passed on.

Which is what some of us have done and most agree they would like this to happen .

I have cruised a lot with Thomson as it was back then and we had no problem tipping cash to the crew even though tips were included. So we paid more , our choice nothing to do with anyone else.

I don't get hung up on who pays what. What I do want to see is a more fair system for the crew of

P&O ,which Surely is what you ,I and others would want. Now how to get P&O to alter from what

they are doing is a different matter.

I and a few others e-mailed P&O to tell them to add gratuitys onto cruise price and a phone call back from P&O customer services acknowledged this.

Maybe more people need to email P&O regarding this.

People keep asking the question so i have to keep repeating it Mr Anonymous.

I couldn't care less what other people do, i pay AG and tip conservatively on top of that.

I and a few others e-mailed P&O to tell them to add gratuitys onto cruise price and a phone call back from P&O customer services acknowledged this.

...and the standard response from PO is

at present, we do not have any plans to make gratuities part of the cruise fare. Thank you

It is spitting in the wind.

Can you elaborate on a few and would they be you average typical P&O cruiser.

The email response I had said 'No plans to make any changes'.

Maybe pisca is right - avoid confrontation especially in telephone conversations.

Can only hope that grapau27's conversation is nearer to reality and discussions are ongoing.

The email response I had said 'No plans to make any changes'.

Maybe pisca is right - avoid confrontation especially in telephone conversations.

Can only hope that grapau27's conversation is nearer to reality and discussions are ongoing.

She sounded genuine when she said they were looking into gratuitys.

She sounded genuine when she said they were looking into gratuitys.

The person on PO's Facebook page seemed pretty convinced and convincing with the reply I gave which is

at present, we do not have any plans to make gratuities part of the cruise fare. Thank you

when asked if they would incorporate AG's into basic cruise fare.

Still trying to work out what P-L-B meant with

Was it your spell checker that auto corrected that word to spitting
:confused:Could not find that smilie.....;p;p:')

The person on PO's Facebook page seemed pretty convinced and convincing with the reply I gave which is

when asked if they would incorporate AG's into basic cruise fare.

Still trying to work out what P-L-B meant with

:confused:Could not find that smilie.....;p;p:')

They sound like RC.

'Consistently Inconsistent'.