Carnival 6,600 Passenger Mega Ship that runs on LNG!?!?!?

There hasn’t been an announcement yet, but Miracle is the only ship without anything open for booking beyond August 2019.

For there to be a 66% increase, with Splendor being over 3,000 in capacity, Australia can’t be losing a ship; otherwise the result is a much smaller increase. Both the Spirit class ships even if completely full, are less than 3,000 capacity.

Also, since I doubt Carnival wants to exit Alaska, Miracle for Legend is an easy switch from a technical perspective. Theoretically Miracle could winter in the Mexican Riviera, but that route is getting a significant raise already with Panorama.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

Spirit class ships have a capacity of 2,124 and Splendor of 3,012. So the new capacity of those two ships would be 5,136 year around.

Currently the capacity is one Spirit class year around and one roughly half the year. So that would be 2124 plus only 1062 since Legend is only part time for a total of 3,166 for a year around average daily capacity.

A 66% increase of that would be a daily capacity of 5255, fairly close to the number I got for the new capacity of just Spirit and Splendor. Like I said before, I hated math class so I could be making a big mistake but that is my reason for wondering if Miracle really would be moving to Australia.

I know it is just wishful thinking but I would love to see her move over to Canaveral and do a 6 and 8 day rotation. Since they are shifting Liberty to Mon/Fri departures instead of her current Thur/Sun departures they should be able to do that with just two terminals. Then maybe they could move her over up to New York in the summer and move Magic over to Alaska for the summer in 2020.

Spirit class ships have a capacity of 2,124 and Splendor of 3,012. So the new capacity of those two ships would be 5,136 year around.

Currently the capacity is one Spirit class year around and one roughly half the year. So that would be 2124 plus only 1062 since Legend is only part time for a total of 3,166 for a year around average daily capacity.

A 66% increase of that would be a daily capacity of 5255, fairly close to the number I got for the new capacity of just Spirit and Splendor. Like I said before, I hated math class so I could be making a big mistake but that is my reason for wondering if Miracle really would be moving to Australia.

I know it is just wishful thinking but I would love to see her move over to Canaveral and do a 6 and 8 day rotation. Since they are shifting Liberty to Mon/Fri departures instead of her current Thur/Sun departures they should be able to do that with just two terminals. Then maybe they could move her over up to New York in the summer and move Magic over to Alaska for the summer in 2020.

I agree with your reasoning. I don’t know if it would be wise to put a ship without a covered pool on the Alaska route - I think Pride or a Conquest-class ship would be more likely.

Carnival just announced a Panama Canal sailing for Miracle on September 29, 2019, followed by a 7-day sailing to the Mexican Riviera, and a 14-day sailing to Hawaii. Miracle then continued service to the Mexican Riviera with sailings on November 2, 9, 16, and 23. So far nothing about Miracle’s whereabouts from November 30, 2019 onward.

• 3 months later...
But even though LNG has been used in ships for many years, and the industry has done a good job with marketing, it has not been used much in passenger ships. So it does surprise me that the cruise industry seems to be jumping in so absolutely. I also think the fueling issue is a safety issue as well as a capacity and logistics issue. And in the end, in a worst case senario, I still think you are better off on a diesel ship. I do, however, hear what you are saying and appreciate the discussion!

LNG is all over with no issues. Many fleets are now using LNG to fuel their vehicles, LNG storage plants are located near large cities. It is a very precise set of conditions that would allow for an explosion.

But even though LNG has been used in ships for many years, and the industry has done a good job with marketing, it has not been used much in passenger ships. So it does surprise me that the cruise industry seems to be jumping in so absolutely. I also think the fueling issue is a safety issue as well as a capacity and logistics issue. And in the end, in a worst case senario, I still think you are better off on a diesel ship. I do, however, hear what you are saying and appreciate the discussion!

Change a few words in the above post, and you could easily be back at the turn of the 19th century, when gasoline powered cars were first replacing the original electric powered cars and horse drawn carraiges.

Least beneficial piece of information on this thread.

Why do you come here when you’ve never sailed on Carnival ?

It's called trolling. Unhappy people need to disparage things that make others happy in order to get the attention they crave. Ignoring them is usually the best way to handle them.

With the LNG ships holding 6,600 people, I'll say "No thank-you!

I will stick with my Spirit class ships! I don't need all the bells and whistles that some ships have ie: RCL Harmony of the Seas and her class.

I'll go to an All-Inclusive resort for all of that. I don't need an ice rink or a carousel on the ship.

Karen

LNG is all over with no issues. Many fleets are now using LNG to fuel their vehicles, LNG storage plants are located near large cities. It is a very precise set of conditions that would allow for an explosion.

While you are correct that for LNG to explode, or even to burn, it would require a fuel/oxygen ratio within the LEL (lower explosive limit) and the HEL (higher explosive limit) (5-15% fuel to air). Outside these fuel/air ratios, the gas is not flammable.

However, there is a large difference between LNG fuel for road vehicles, which is stored in pressurized tanks, and LNG stored on ships, which rely on cryogenics to keep the gas in liquid form, as well as inert gas blankets on top of the liquid. LNG bunker tank technology (as opposed to the vast cargo tanks on an LNG carrier) are relatively new technology, and few marine engineers are trained in handling LNG as a fuel.

With the LNG ships holding 6,600 people, I'll say "No thank-you!

I will stick with my Spirit class ships! I don't need all the bells and whistles that some ships have ie: RCL Harmony of the Seas and her class.

I'll go to an All-Inclusive resort for all of that. I don't need an ice rink or a carousel on the ship.

Karen

...and you forgot about the bumper cars, ejector pods, zip line, rock wall, flow rider, sky dive simulator....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would like to do a European cruise in the future. It would be nice to have ships with more sailings in Europe in the future. I am building my loyalty and so far the launches of the Vista and Horizon have been good timing for me.

I would like to do a European cruise in the future. It would be nice to have ships with more sailings in Europe in the future. I am building my loyalty and so far the launches of the Vista and Horizon have been good timing for me.

Well if you want to do European cruises probably best to find another cruise line to go with. Carnival only does it when a new ship comes out and for the next one no european sailing at all

Honestly, all of the bells and whistles made for a very enjoyable cruise when we sailed on the Allure of the Seas.

Our Oasis cruise felt way more like a Disney vacation then it did a cruise. I know it is a minority view, but these mega ships do not entice me at all.

Our Oasis cruise felt way more like a Disney vacation then it did a cruise. I know it is a minority view, but these mega ships do not entice me at all.

I wouldn't say a minority view. A cruise ship to me is not a destination. Just a convenient and comfortable way to wake up somewhere different everyday without having to pack and unpack and rush,

Disney vacations are great. In fact I just booked one for 2019 the other day.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app