islandtime87

LIVE! From Celebrity Solstice May 11th 2018 Alaska Cruise

This will be my first live review of a cruise. Inspiration from Chicago Paul.

A little about us, My Husband and I are in our 30’s and our favorite cruise lines are Celebrity and Disney Cruise Line. This will be our Cruise #5 with Celebrity and our 2nd one on the Celebrity Solstice to Alaska.

Boarding process in Vancouver is very interesting to say the least and we were asked at least 3 times whether we were crew members...lol.

Once we got on, our entire experience changed. The concierge Calli was very welcoming and we enjoyed a very nice lunch in Liminae.

Our Somelier Victor, our waiter Bayou were both amazing.

3c8ee671d8f8aaca715a46970060f301.jpg

9c7441c827b9bcff65b9f3e2b6f73e21.jpg

More to come once we get to our room :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anxious to follow along as we will be on the Solstice out of Seattle the end of June! Thank you in advance for sharing your adventure with us!

Keep the ship in good shape for us. We are on next week. I’m particularly interested in anything about Luminae, Michaels Club and the suites and related staff.

Following along, will be on the Solstice in August!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love this type of post. Following as we just got off Solstice in Hawaii after the Transpacific from Sydney.

Muster drill is over, the Captain is hilarious. We are back in the room.

My husband’s user name is Traveling-the-World, he had posted about us getting upgraded to Royal Suite from a sky suite for a very reasonable price and we are enjoying the room very much. We love our Butler - Stevo very much so far.

We are traveling with my husbands parents and his sister. Dinner is in Tuscan Grill tonight [emoji4]

We just disembarked Solstice today. Have your Butler arrange for Darko to

be your server in Tuscan. He’s amazing and you’ll love him. Have a great cruise!

We just disembarked Solstice today. Have your Butler arrange for Darko to

be your server in Tuscan. He’s amazing and you’ll love him. Have a great cruise!

Thats not the same Darko that used to bartend in the World Class bar is it?

Just off Solstice today after 43 nights onboard.

We had a great time and hope you will too :-)

Enjoy!

Thats not the same Darko that used to bartend in the World Class bar is it?

Sorry, I don’t know. I do know there are four Nenads on Solstice alone, so there very well be more than one Darko!

Had a great dinner is Tuscan Grille and then saw a beautiful sunset. Heading to the World Class Bar for night cap.

For Dinner in Tuscan we had Darko and he was amazing! Our bartender in World Class Bar was also named Darko.

For Dinner in Tuscan we had Darko and he was amazing! Our bartender in World Class Bar was also named Darko.

Good to know Darko (and Lalta?) are back in the WCB

Who is at present the Captain on board and will he still be on board on the June 1 cruise out of Seattle?

We enjoy following your thread and look forward to be back on Solstice soon :)

thank you so much for posting. I love live reviews and dream of taking a cruise to Alaska one day !!

Who is at present the Captain on board and will he still be on board on the June 1 cruise out of Seattle?

We enjoy following your thread and look forward to be back on Solstice soon :)

It is Captain Tasos Kafetzis...he said during the muster drill this was his first cruise after having 3 months off so I’m assuming he will be on the ship for June 1st. He is hilarious btw...

Good to know Darko (and Lalta?) are back in the WCB

Yup it’s both of them :)

So far enjoying the cruise very much. It’s the first sea day and have a nice view out of our balcony.

81d8f8288ac3cd5d00e18ef156411371.jpg

It is Captain Tasos Kafetzis.......He is hilarious btw...

Forums

that's why I was asking :D; he's absolutely outstanding

thanks a lot for the info and enjoy the cruise

Glad to hear you scored Darko in Tuscan!

You’re off to a great start with your live review. After disembarking yesterday, it feels like we’re still onboard, or the next best thing, thanks to your posts. Enjoy the day through the BC inside passage, something the Seattle-based Solstice cruises miss, unfortunately.

Glad to hear you scored Darko in Tuscan!

You’re off to a great start with your live review. After disembarking yesterday, it feels like we’re still onboard, or the next best thing, thanks to your posts. Enjoy the day through the BC inside passage, something the Seattle-based Solstice cruises miss, unfortunately.

Yes this morning the views are amazing from our balcony, really glad we did this cruise instead of the Seattle to Seattle.

Following along, great so far! We did the Solstice a few years back, last one of the season and it was great. I see that Brent Nixon and his wife, Miss Amanda are also on board. If you have a chance, go to one or more of their talks...def not boring, we enjoyed them very much!

Have fun!!

Cathy

It is Captain Tasos Kafetzis...he said during the muster drill this was his first cruise after having 3 months off so I’m assuming he will be on the ship for June 1st. He is hilarious btw...

Captain Tasos is the best ever.You are in for a real treat.

He was Captain on the Constellation a number of years ago. It was the best cruise ever in the Eastern Med. He would tell a Greek myth during sailaway. You could hear a pin drop when he told the story.

He was also so funny at Liar's club.

Love your live thread.....

Thanks for the review and photos!! Love them!

Can you tell me if they have umbrellas provided for use? And if so, are you able to use them off the ship as well?

Have a great trip!!

TIA -

Thanks for the review and photos!! Love them!

Can you tell me if they have umbrellas provided for use? And if so, are you able to use them off the ship as well?

Have a great trip!!

TIA -

We are in a suite and yes one Umbrella is provided for use on/off the ship.

We were in a standard balcony stateroom on the previous sailing (Honolulu to Vancouver) and were given umbrellas the night before arriving Victoria as rain was forecast. And they were used, too!

I can’t tell from the photo which nights are Chic, can you let me know?Since our itinerary is very similar, I imagine our may be the same.

Thanks

We were in a standard balcony stateroom on the previous sailing (Honolulu to Vancouver) and were given umbrellas the night before arriving Victoria as rain was forecast. And they were used, too!

Thank you for the reply! I love Cruise Critic - a wealth of information and friendly folks!! <3