LIVE! From Celebrity Solstice May 11th 2018 Alaska Cruise

islandtime87

So I woke up around 6AM on sea day 1 and we were passing through a passage of some sort. I’m or the port side of the ship and had nice views, the view lasted till around 9AM and then we were out in the open water again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you

Sandra

Good morning from Ketchikan, we have a Ben Fogle Rainforest Hike Adventure as our shore excursion and then will explore creek street on our own. Have gotten lucky with weather so far.

Day 3 Stuff...

0d7da8726f9e4d9506b509db4f415fb1.jpgd6a26290f2e2d4d98e084754c3240b87.jpgadaa55262c3d8a3db5c7f23ae4b221e1.jpg

View from the couch, will post a better picture once I’ve had some coffee and in the mood to move around :)

2a2f7f9e11345bb07f3124e463af0346.jpg

Dinner was in Luminae tonight for evening chic night. I did a mix and match menu. Got pakora from the main dining room, followed with Jerusalem artichoke soup, followed by salad and then main course was Cauliflower Steak. Enjoyed the dinner very much. Our server Bayou in Luminae is amazing and so is our Somelier Victor.

9de99bda65bace00f81eddae222e4496.jpg

We sailed on Eclipse in December and our sommelier’s name was Victor. He actually had 2 name tags...his other name tag was spelled Viktor. He used one for daytime and one for evening.

Perhaps this is the same person?

Randy

Thank you for the cabin photos! What cabin # is this? Also, did you book tours ahead of time with Celebrity or on your own?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are in a royal suite, room number 1241 on deck 10 port side. Our excursion today is booked through celebrity and so was our bike excursion in Juneau but we cancelled that since it will be 50 degree weather with 90% chance of rain. In Skagway we booked the excursion directly with packer expeditions since celebrity initially had this 8 hour hike we wanted to do but not enough people signed up and they cancelled it.

Update from yesterday 5/13

Once we got back on the ship from Ketchikan we had lunch in Sushi on 5 and it was pretty decent.

Dinner was in Murano. We took my in-laws as well. I personally was not a huge fan of the service. I felt like being a group of 5, the personal service that we were so used to was not there. The food was as expected and was pretty good. We go back to Murano on our last sea day and will likely ask for a different server to see if the service is different.

40903bbefde5b3a9f7b72238dd23c6ef.jpg433c31f341499ac7c7712acd8916870f.jpg

Had a great time in the Fjord, weather was very nice and we got up close to the Dawes Glacier. If you are in the suite, weather permitting you are invited on the helipad around 7:15AM, they passed out hot cocoa, blankets and pastries

We join the ship on 7 September. Previously been with Celebrity to Baltics but not been on Solstice. Lovely reading your updates and look forward to reading more. If the Captain you have now is the one we had on the Baltics Cruise then we are in for a treat, particularly in the Liars Club. Our trips are all booked and just hope we get some good weather.

We join the ship on 7 September. Previously been with Celebrity to Baltics but not been on Solstice. Lovely reading your updates and look forward to reading more. If the Captain you have now is the one we had on the Baltics Cruise then we are in for a treat, particularly in the Liars Club. Our trips are all booked and just hope we get some good weather.

Yes out of the 15+ cruises we have taken so far, he is the funniest and will always be memorable.

Thank you for sharing. I read on another post of tracking a ship and of course I put in the Solstice. It looks like the Solstice is docked the furthest away from Juneau. Is that the case? What/how/who determines which ship is docked closest to the city. I went to Google Earth and see that it is very close to a mile to the city.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for sharing. I read on another post of tracking a ship and of course I put in the Solstice. It looks like the Solstice is docked the furthest away from Juneau. Is that the case? What/how/who determines which ship is docked closest to the city. I went to Google Earth and see that it is very close to a mile to the city.

Thank you in advance.

Yes we are docked the farthest away, we were here 3 years ago on the Solstice and it was also docked the farthest away that time, I think it’s always their spot to be the farthest away.

Thanks for your quick reply. Since you are on your way to Skagway, I have a question for you. We are going there in August with the Solstice. We are trying to book the train trip and I am so confused and have received conflicting information from Solstice.

Do you know which trip (short trip) goes by bus to White Pass and does a return on the train. If you can answer great, but please don't waste you precious cruise time.

Update from yesterday 5/13

Once we got back on the ship from Ketchikan we had lunch in Sushi on 5 and it was pretty decent.

Dinner was in Murano. We took my in-laws as well. I personally was not a huge fan of the service. I felt like being a group of 5, the personal service that we were so used to was not there. The food was as expected and was pretty good. We go back to Murano on our last sea day and will likely ask for a different server to see if the service is different.

If Nenad wasn’t your server last night I can heartily recommend him on your next visit. He was our server on our first visit to Murano and I requested him for our other two visits. He’s on the ship until August. Not only a great waiter, but very warm and personable. Here he is....

db702bd569c757dbbfd5be221163acd9.jpg

Thanks for your quick reply. Since you are on your way to Skagway, I have a question for you. We are going there in August with the Solstice. We are trying to book the train trip and I am so confused and have received conflicting information from Solstice.

Do you know which trip (short trip) goes by bus to White Pass and does a return on the train. If you can answer great, but please don't waste you precious cruise time.

I def can say I will not be able to answer that. We are doing the same excursion in Skagway that we did 3 years ago, it’s a glacier hike and we do take the train but the company Packer expeditions takes care of the train part and we are doing the same thing this time around as well so haven’t researched just the train, or train/bus part.

If Nenad wasn’t your server last night I can heartily recommend him on your next visit. He was our server on our first visit to Murano and I requested him for our other two visits. He’s on the ship until August. Not only a great waiter, but very warm and personable. Here he is....

db702bd569c757dbbfd5be221163acd9.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation, will ask for him on our next dinner in Murano. We are great with names, we do not remember the name of our waitress that we had during our first dinner and usually that’s because it wasn’t personable/good service experience.

Do they still have "Silent Disco"? That was a real fun thing last year on the cruise. We be on the ship for the 24 May cruise.

I was on the cruise before last (transpacific). I can confirm we had silent discos on each of our 3 chic nights. First was in Martini Bar, second was in The Solarium. Can’t remember where the last one was.