Pacific Princess -Sailing around the British Isles

turquoisesea

We are considering changing our summer 2019 British Isles cruise from the Crown to the Pacific Princess. I like the itinerary and cruise length but am very worried about getting seasick. We have been on 25 cruises and most have been on larger ships. The North Atlantic is not known for being calm. Has anyone done this itinerary on a smaller ship?

Avoid the front of the ship. If you can live with an OV cabin, choose one just forward of the atrium on Deck 4. If you’re looking for an inside Cain, consider a partial OV on Deck 3 (portholes instead of windows). There is definitely more movement on the Pacific Princess but it’s so worth it.

Pacific P is the best ship of all, while we would never ever ever sail on Crown P again.

Yes Pacific P does move a bit more but I have never even been close to feeling queasy on there.

Avoid the front of the ship. If you can live with an OV cabin, choose one just forward of the atrium on Deck 4. If you’re looking for an inside Cain, consider a partial OV on Deck 3 (portholes instead of windows). There is definitely more movement on the Pacific Princess but it’s so worth it.

Great news. We’re choosing a midship minisuite. I guess we’ll look for a lower deck?

Does the PP have laundromats like the bigger ships? It is a big help when your are touring on land before sailing.

Great news. We’re choosing a midship minisuite. I guess we’ll look for a lower deck?

Does the PP have laundromats like the bigger ships? It is a big help when your are touring on land before sailing.

The mini suites are all on Deck 8 (I think). Choose midship.

There is one passenger laundry on the ship. It seems to be adequete to handle the passenger load.

We did this cruise last August but the ports were slightly different. I really, really loved leaving from Dover as there is so much to do there. I could've spent a few more days in that area pre-cruise.

I really expected more movement like we had on the Pacific's sister ship, the Ocean Princess, but it was so calm, it hardly felt like we were at sea. We did get a lot of wind at the top of Scotland but there still wasn't much movement onboard at all. On the OP, the ship really moved in 10' waves and high wind and quite a few people were feeling the affects of it, including my friend. On the Pacific, Lew and his lovely wife were with us and maybe he'll give you his take as well.

The laundry tends to be very busy on embarkation day because many people do pre-cruise stays. Get there early or even better yet, go there early in the day when the ship is in port.

The mini suites are all on Deck 8 (I think). Choose midship.

There is one passenger laundry on the ship. It seems to be adequete to handle the passenger load.

Maybe that is because usually many of the passengers are Elite and get free laundry.

We did a very similar voyage on the former Ocean Princess, basically the same ship. Though there were rough seas the first day due to the remnants of a hurricane, I do not remember any problems with the smoothness of the sailing.

It does have laundromats, but they operate from like 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. and there aren't many washers and dryers, so competition can be fierce.

I wish the PP had been available when we did this cruise (on the Grand). It was a great itinerary, but the PP can get so much closer in. Do bring along some seasickness meds as it does tend to rock and roll a bit more. Mid ship and down is your best bet.

We did this cruise last August but the ports were slightly different. I really, really loved leaving from Dover as there is so much to do there. I could've spent a few more days in that area pre-cruise.

I really expected more movement like we had on the Pacific's sister ship, the Ocean Princess, but it was so calm, it hardly felt like we were at sea. We did get a lot of wind at the top of Scotland but there still wasn't much movement onboard at all. On the OP, the ship really moved in 10' waves and high wind and quite a few people were feeling the affects of it, including my friend. On the Pacific, Lew and his lovely wife were with us and maybe he'll give you his take as well.

The laundry tends to be very busy on embarkation day because many people do pre-cruise stays. Get there early or even better yet, go there early in the day when the ship is in port.

I don't wish to hi-jack the thread either, but would love for you to expand a little on things to do around Dover. We're sailing out of there next summer. Thanks!