Just got back from sailing on the Vista....had a great time....ask me anything.

bowlinmoe

My wife and I just returned from sailing on the Vista and had a great time. The ship had many things that was haven't experienced on a cruise before (RedFrog Pub/Brewery, Thrill Theater, IMAX Theater, etc.). We had a balcony room in the Havana area and loved it. It was nice having the space during the day to enjoy the pool area. The dining room wasn't as "plain" as some on here indicated. However, I will agree that the elevators were super slow. They should address that. It's like they don't close fast enough and tend to linger on floors too long. It wasn't the that elevator area was crowded by any means.....just slow elevators.

Food was good. We enjoyed the tacos and burritos at the Blue Cantina and the pizza 24/7 (probably best pizza I ever had on a cruise ship). We did the specialty restaurants (italian, asian, and steak). They were good but none were spectacular. I would say that JiJi's (asian) was the best and we really didn't expect it to be.

BINGO was a rip-off (sorry, Richie Rich). See my other thread on that.

Other than that, it was an awesome cruise. Please feel free to ask any questions.

My wife and I just returned from sailing on the Vista and had a great time. The ship had many things that was haven't experienced on a cruise before (RedFrog Pub/Brewery, Thrill Theater, IMAX Theater, etc.). We had a balcony room in the Havana area and loved it. It was nice having the space during the day to enjoy the pool area. The dining room wasn't as "plain" as some on here indicated. However, I will agree that the elevators were super slow. They should address that. It's like they don't close fast enough and tend to linger on floors too long. It wasn't the that elevator area was crowded by any means.....just slow elevators.

Food was good. We enjoyed the tacos and burritos at the Blue Cantina and the pizza 24/7 (probably best pizza I ever had on a cruise ship). We did the specialty restaurants (italian, asian, and steak). They were good but none were spectacular. I would say that JiJi's (asian) was the best and we really didn't expect it to be.

Other than that, it was an awesome cruise. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Do you have any of the funtimes or know what movies were playing in the dive-in(outside). Also, if you all went to any beaches, we are still trying to figure out what to do and see. I will be limited on most excursions because I'm pregnant, but we are leaving Saturday for the 8 day Southern cruise. Thanks.

Do you have any of the funtimes or know what movies were playing in the dive-in(outside). Also, if you all went to any beaches, we are still trying to figure out what to do and see. I will be limited on most excursions because I'm pregnant, but we are leaving Saturday for the 8 day Southern cruise. Thanks.

At work and don't have the fun times in me but some of the dive in movies were:

Star Wars

Thor: Ragnarok (Great movie)

Wonder (daytime)

Jumanji (daytime)

Peter Rabbit

Coco

We will also be on this Saturday's sailing. How was embarkation and debarkation? We will be flying out of FLL on an early flight (11AM) and want to know how early can we debark (self-assist).

Would you know if there is any shower facilities at the gym, not the Spa?

Thank you.

We will also be on this Saturday's sailing. How was embarkation and debarkation? We will be flying out of FLL on an early flight (11AM) and want to know how early can we debark (self-assist).

Would you know if there is any shower facilities at the gym, not the Spa?

Thank you.

My wife and I were off the boat about 8 AM. Then out of the self park garage by about 830 AM. Made it back home in FL on the west coast about 1045. You should be fine with an 11 AM flight out of FLL.

Not sure about the showers at the gym. The gym was nice enough though (I showered back in room).

So many packing suggestions mention a power strip for extra charging cords and such. The outlets are three prong, correct?

There are two outlets. A power strip must not be surge protected. There are two USB ports.- At least... your cabin may have more depending on type.

My wife and I just returned from sailing on the Vista and had a great time. The ship had many things that was haven't experienced on a cruise before (RedFrog Pub/Brewery, Thrill Theater, IMAX Theater, etc.). We had a balcony room in the Havana area and loved it. It was nice having the space during the day to enjoy the pool area. Can you please share more info on your Havana room and the pool area, what deck and style also

Did it feel like it was overly crowded? That seems to be the biggest complaint about the Vista.

There are some design flaws that contribute to a feeling of crowdedness like the promenade not having windows and the entry into the showroom is small. Both the comedy club and the showroom are certainly too small. .

There are some design flaws that contribute to a feeling of crowdedness like the promenade not having windows and the entry into the showroom is small. Both the comedy club and the showroom are certainly too small. .

So the crowdedness is my main concern about the Vista. How are the lines for the buffet, activies, etc?

So the crowdedness is my main concern about the Vista. How are the lines for the buffet, activies, etc?

Being that folks feel the need to line up prior to shows to get a seat, it makes those areas crowded. I didn't find any of the buffet lines crowded after the first day. The line for the skyride can be long because it takes time. There was no line for the ropes course.

We are going on the Vista June 30th. Do you happen to remember if there are electric outlet by the bed? Need it for my husbands CPAP or need to figure out how long of an extension cord we need to take. Thanks

We are going on the Vista June 30th. Do you happen to remember if there are electric outlet by the bed? Need it for my husbands CPAP or need to figure out how long of an extension cord we need to take. Thanks

We just cruised with cpap for first time. Call in to Customer Service or your PVP and tell them you have cpap. Then you will have to go to diff line when getting into port.

Tell your room steward or they should be aware. You will order a distilled water from Room Serv and Room Stew will bring extension/strip. It just so happens that it gives you extra plugs.

We just cruised with cpap for first time. Call in to Customer Service or your PVP and tell them you have cpap. Then you will have to go to diff line when getting into port.

Tell your room steward or they should be aware. You will order a distilled water from Room Serv and Room Stew will bring extension/strip. It just so happens that it gives you extra plugs.

Thanks - that is great information