Tom Baker

What Can We Discuss?

Dear Hosts, please provide a full list of topics acceptable for the Cruise Critic forum.

I doubt that debating what we can debate is on the list...:D

It is rather frustrating.

One would have hoped than anything cruise related could be discussed as long as it's kept civil.

Even if a poster 'oversteps the mark' then remove the post not the entire thread.

If you believe that the subject of tipping has been 'done to death' recently then fine, don't contribute and don't bother to read the posts.

The latest closed thread was on the subject of tipping but came from a slightly different angle to the other thread about letters being received by some, but not all, passengers who had removed the AGs.

However the closed thread concerned the amount of money P&O would receive if all passengers paid the suggested AG and all that flowed from that.

I can see the frustrations but in the world that we live in we all (including CC) have to be careful that we are not sued for one thing or another. We all have to guard our backs ...

Not CC's fault, just a sad world....

Posted (edited)

Being a US based forum I suspect some of the "Hosts" don't understand the British way of doing things, "Host Walt" wanders in here occasionally and wields his sword without reading all the posts in my opinion. He deleted a post of mine that was another Cruise Critic quote!

I'm surprised Sharon closed the last tipping thread, its not as if the forum is full of them, just busy threads..

Edited by CCFC

It's very sad that, from time to time, some threads get pulled or closed from CC and from other sites like the Facebook P&O groups.

Perhaps Presto2 is right. The admins on these sites maybe too cautious.

I suppose it's the price we pay when we consider what dreadful and dangerous content can be posted on social media sites in general.

I noticed a post of mine was deleted from another thread. Although slightly off topic it was with regard to cleaning the drawers in my cabin before I used it for clothes. It wasn't offensive in any way and I wondered why it was removed. I assumed it was reported by someone pedantic because it was slightly off topic. I thought removing it unnecessary.:(