CCL Stock and OBC

grsnovi

It is a very painless process! Here is a link that will get the pdf that explains what you need to do:

http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

The OBC is based on the length of the cruise:

$250 for 14 days and up

$100 for 7-13 days

$50 for 6 or less days

You do need to own 100 shares at the time you apply for the OBC

• 3 months later...
I'll be cruising in Nov and just discovered that I own 100 shares! If I purchase a wine package now, can I apply the $100 towards that or can I only use the credit for purchases made once I'm on board?

It applies only to onboard purchases. So if you wait to purchase your wine package after you board, it will apply.

Lana (on the way home to Bellingham, WA after Voyage of the Vikings)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll be cruising in Nov and just discovered that I own 100 shares! If I purchase a wine package now, can I apply the $100 towards that or can I only use the credit for purchases made once I'm on board?

Good to buy it on board because sometimes there are different wines from ones posted as stock varies. Let's you choose the package that is best for you.

Be sure to include your email address, along with all the other pieces of information that are requested.

You will hear back that your OBC has been applied. If you use a TA, they will notify the TA that the credit has been applied.

If you have any specific questions about the process, you can contact the World Cruise Reservation desk for Holland America:

Phone: 800-522-3399

Fax#: 206-270-6080

world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com

• 4 months later...

My understanding is it is only for sailing. Here from the shareholder site:

Carnival Corporation & plc is pleased to extend the following benefit to our shareholders:
SHAREHOLDER BENEFIT

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less

45 minutes ago, propwash said:

Do days on a land portion of the land/cruise count the same as sea days, SO on our 18 day land/cruise, is it 18 days or only 7 days for the sea portion?

Thanks

Danny

The shareholder credit will be applied to shipboard expenses.  The shareholder credit will be based on total cruisetour days.  For 18 days you will receive $250 OBC.  On some Yukon cruisetours of 14 total days with only 3-4 days on the ship it can be hard to spend the OBC (excursions while you are on the ship work...maybe in Ketchikan, or gratuities, or buy some jewelry!)

I’d like to add that HAL does an excellent job managing this benefit. Once they receive the request from the shareholder, they process it very quickly. 

For people who may be put off by the idea of putting some cash into purchasing 100 shares, don’t forget you can buy the shares with money already held in an existing retirement account you have such as an IRA or 401k.

While I certainly don’t advise others on how to invest, it has been a great investment for us that has doubled in value, paid dividends, and provided the above OBC on every HAL Cruise we’ve taken for the past ten years.

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, propwash said:

Do days on a land portion of the land/cruise count the same as sea days, SO on our 18 day land/cruise, is it 18 days or only 7 days for the sea portion?

Thanks

Danny

Yes, all days on a land-sea trip count. We took a 14-night Alaska-Yukon trip yep years ago, and received 19 days credit.

27 minutes ago, sueleekey said:

We have a 7 day and then a 17 day B2B with separate booking numbers!   Will we get the 100$ for 7 day and theb 250$ for 17 day???? 

Yes but you have to send in a request with proof of ownership.

3 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Yes but you have to send in a request with proof of ownership.

31 minutes ago, sueleekey said:

We have a 7 day and then a 17 day B2B with separate booking numbers!   Will we get the 100$ for 7 day and theb 250$ for 17 day????