What are the chances we won’t port in Cozumel?

briehon

Leaving today on the Valor. A 4 night only one port, Cozumel on Saturday. Supposed to be HEAVY thunderstorms and rain. What are the chances we won’t port? And if we don’t, will we go somewhere else? Where do they usually go if they can’t go to Cozumel?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is a port with a dock....rarely missed.
Agree but with heavy rain & thunderstorms around you'll likely want to stay aboard anyway. There is a nice plaza in the port area, but it's not covered.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Going to Nachi Cocum for the first time. Hate to miss it. May go for food and drinks and back to boat depending on weather. It’s our only port so we will need to get out by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going to Nachi Cocum for the first time. Hate to miss it. May go for food and drinks and back to boat depending on weather. It’s our only port so we will need to get out by then.

Nachi Cocom has a large covered eating area/bar so you will be fine even if it rains. Have fun. Nachi Cocum is great.

Leaving today on the Valor. A 4 night only one port, Cozumel on Saturday. Supposed to be HEAVY thunderstorms and rain. What are the chances we won’t port? And if we don’t, will we go somewhere else? Where do they usually go if they can’t go to Cozumel?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They will dock.

Well you are all WRONG!! We skipped Cozumel and had to port in Progreso. No Nachi for me. We did the Secret Caverns with lunch. It was great. I will do a full report when I get back.

The port was open in Cozumel today. Checked this morning and just now. No cruise ships but smaller boats out and about around international pier. Rough seas must of kept the cruise ships from making it there today. Sorry you missed Cozumel.

88 cruises, many to Cozumel and we missed it once because of weather. They took us to VeraCruz which is NOT s regular port and we had a great time. Very doubtful that you will miss Cozumel. Have a great cruise.

we might have been with you! The entire city turned out to see us arrive and sing when we left.

When did you go there? I would love if carnival would start to port at other places in Mexico. (More short cruise options from Galveston and NOLA!)

When Wilma pancaked the pier into the bay in Cozumel. We cruised the week of Thanksgiving on the Elation (she was filling in for the Ecstasy) on a five night trip from Galveston.

Our ports were Veracruz and Progreso. We didn’t know about Veracruz until we boarded.

The attached image is the ship at the downtown port.

.8271d6693b918a6f8eebe9560a8fc8b2.jpg