Wow, I cant wait! Love this cabin!

The size looks like a Jr. Suite but then I saw the ramp by the balcony door so it's an accessible cabin. You will love the Harmony, it's our favorite. Next month for us.

Ive been waiting to cruise on one of the big girls since Oasis first came out :) The stars finally aligned! Seems so far away though lol.

OP should have made it very clear in the title of the post as well as the text of the initial post that this cabin is an ACCESSIBLE Oceanview Balcony Cabin. Sadly there will be able-bodied people who will attempt to book this cabin and fraudulently attest to having a need for the features of the cabin to avoid paying for a Junior Suite.

Yes it was stated further into the thread that the cabin is an accessible but after seeing the photo posted they won't care and will still attempt to book it.

That is a beautiful cabin. Glad you were able to get it. I keep seeing people on here that book accessible cabins that have no need. I can see the temptation after seeing the cabin but would absolutely never do that.

OP should have made it very clear in the title of the post as well as the text of the initial post that this cabin is an ACCESSIBLE Oceanview Balcony Cabin. Sadly there will be able-bodied people who will attempt to book this cabin and fraudulently attest to having a need for the features of the cabin to avoid paying for a Junior Suite...

Are you implying that OP ryano does not really require an accessible cabin? Seriously asking as I can't really tell by your remarks. I happen to know he does require such, and sounds excited about his choice. :)

ryano, enjoy your cruise. :D

OP should have made it very clear in the title of the post as well as the text of the initial post that this cabin is an ACCESSIBLE Oceanview Balcony Cabin. Sadly there will be able-bodied people who will attempt to book this cabin and fraudulently attest to having a need for the features of the cabin to avoid paying for a Junior Suite.

Yes it was stated further into the thread that the cabin is an accessible but after seeing the photo posted they won't care and will still attempt to book it.

So true

If someone is willing to lie about needing the cabin, how would the OP saying it was an accessible cabin from the start, prevent that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If someone is willing to lie about needing the cabin, how would the OP saying it was an accessible cabin from the start, prevent that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes there's always the individual that will lie regardless if it's stated as being a HC Accessible Cabin. However by stating it was an HC Accessible Cabin in the first place it would help because there are able-bodied people that will make the moral and ethical choice not to even try to book it.

Are you implying that OP ryano does not really require an accessible cabin? Seriously asking as I can't really tell by your remarks. I happen to know he does require such, and sounds excited about his choice. :)

ryano, enjoy your cruise. :D

Not implying any such thing !

I've known for years that ryano qualifies for an accessible room. What surprised me was that ryano didn't disclose it in the first post that it was an accessible cabin Ryano is typically a champion for the rights of the disabled.

• 1 month later...

Okay so I am slightly hijacking here but I need help from both Ryano and xxoo. We have 2 Junior Suites on Adventure of the Seas - not accessible. We are driving from Illinois to Bayonne / Cape Liberty. We are going to rent a scooter for my mom, who does not qualify for disabled status but can't walk long distances, and anyway she picked the rooms and this is what she wanted.

I would like your help with the scooter rental info if you know. I am looking at the vendor Scootaround, the standard scooter that holds 400 lb. and says it will fit through the standard stateroom door. It's $400 for the 6 night, 7 day rental, which is fine, as it will pretty much solve all of our problems if it works out.

So I am looking for your experience to just tell me, yes, that will fit fine in your Junior Suite and get your 76 year old mother around the ship.

Secondly though, I am not sure how to get her through the terminal before and after the cruise. She has a rolling walker but it's still a lot of walking from the drop off to the stateroom. She also has a Shoprider Streamer but it's too wide to fit in the cabin without being disassembled so I am not inclined to take it along at all. We can push her in a manual for the short distance through the terminal if they have plenty of them lying around.

I feel I am missing something here - as though there are obvious better options that I haven't figured out yet. Thanks for your help in advance.

And do you follow these "horrid" folks around to make sure they are scamming the cruiseline? Some people with accessible needs can walk and do not look very disabled, but still have the need for the cabin and have submitted the documentation to book it that RCCL requires to do so.

Wow I had no idea. Thanks for the tip.

“Accessible” did not need to be in the title. Perhaps it could have been said in the original post but not really necessary as it was clearly pointed out in a subsequent post.

It’s up to Royal Caribbean to ask for the proper documentation that is needed to book an accessible room. If that burden of proof is satisfactory to the cruise line that is all that is needed.

After a certain time if an accessible cabin is not reserved then RC releases it to anyone. I know this happened with a balcony cabins on an Oasis sailing I was on. On an upcoming Allure sailing the Accessible CLS has been available for weeks. It’s actually the cheapest of all suites left. Since it’s still available, I would think no one gamed the system or if they tried it was denied.

Let not create false alarms. There are probably not many instances of people fraudulently getting accessible cabins.