Vista / Live / Solo - May 27-June 2 2018...

sid_9169

Thanks for following along!... I was beginning to think I was doing a Live Review to myself :o.. Yes, this will be my 14th Solo cruise (6 on Carnival and 8 on Norwegian)

(y) to another solo cruiser! I've been cruising solo since the mid 80s and LOVE it!

Again, thank you all for your comments / complements. You people made me feel like a celebrity this past week...

***Note: I am most assuredly not a celebrity. In fact I reside in a rented room in a strangers basement, and am probably 4 paychecks away from living under a bridge.

***Note 2: 3 paychecks away from living under a bridge. I have cruised 7 times now on Carnival and 8 on NCL, so pretty much an even split. 14 of my 15 cruises have been solo, and all since 2014... (That's approximately 4 cruises per year, for those in Rio Linda.)

I find that NCL has more "upscale" ships, while Carnival is more "basic"... Both have about equal service all around. As a solo cruiser, NCL is a better deal for me, and with the included Ultimate Beverage Package, it's a no brainer. Carnivals' Cheers package is much more inclusive though. This is the first cruise ever that I never had even 1 glass of "ship water" because of the included bottled water. Also, I find bar service and selection to be about the same on both lines, but with my discovery of the Alchemy Bar, Carnival gets the nod on this one... On NCL, only the Haven has nearly the selection and skills to Make Cocktails Great Again...

I'm pretty much happy on either line, and any day on a ship is better than any day at home. I'm well into my post cruise depression phase now, and my new countdown is 179 days until I sail Norwegians' new flagship, the Bliss. At this point in my life, I'm just happy to have a countdown to something.

Thank you all again for being here, and if you made it this far, you deserve a medal... Join me on the NCL boards on December 1st, and we'll do it all again...

• Thanks 2

As requested a few times... Hopefully it was worth the wait. The one and only picture of me on this cruise, taken by my driver crescencio in Cozumel...

34416391_913256942195382_7610966010274775040_o_crop_462x463.jpg.931dc23eced281161a3b2ce9e9d0fcbd.jpg

34416391_913256942195382_7610966010274775040_o_crop_295x295.jpg.e4cfc3a3eb7e4318d7b93a2cf1f51044.jpg

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

for some reason...your writing and pics have struck a chord with me!!! Thanks for the date for your NCL cruise...will put it in my calendar to check the ncl board....:D Would definitely follow your land based adventures...you have a talent....and btw...loved the rio linda comment;p

• Like 1

From last night at home... Half bloody Mary half Caeser... (Tomato juice and clamato) with smoked paprika on top[ATTACH]423253[/ATTACH]

What..no Grasshoppers/crickets to go with that fine drink? You weren't in the mood for snap, crackle, and pop? LOL!

Enjoy your summer and I will DEFINITELY be following you on the Bliss!

:):cocktail::tropical-drink::beer-mug::champagne-toast::whiskey-glass:

And, finally, the picture of the one and only time I wore the tshirt that resides now in Cozumel...

[ATTACH]423348[/ATTACH]

Thanks for sharing your journey; in so many ways. Great to see your face.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This was a great review. I am not much of a drinker and I would certainly not be getting up at those early hours even if I drank a fraction of what you had. Good on you!

I am very sorry for your loss, far too young.

I too lost a very good friend when she was 50 two years ago while I was on a cruise and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her, she loved Costa Rica so I must go there someday and leave a tribute to her.

I admire the fact the you seem to live everyday in the moment, no admiration for those grasshoppers though!! :)

Thanks for sharing your journey and your personal story. I will follow you on the Bliss virtually in Dec. until then enjoy your journey!

Once again, I can't express how great it was to have you all join me on this epic adventure... As a solo traveller, it's lonely sometimes, but it was just like you were right there with me. In order of appearance, I would personally like to thank each and every one of you who responded with your kind comments. And, to those of you who followed along but did not chime in, I also thank you for being there. Without further adieu, the thank you list is as follows: Babygal77s, moonbmn53, mlipreston, helene109, Rogueperson, zabnee, natefish95, soulsistah007, OceanBlueWaters, wtwien, Beachiekeen, Carol Jones, 2 cruzen, jimbri, grandmarnurse, bellasava, scrantsj, zencruisers, Stallion, carnivaladdix120, JohnSpo, Justcrusin, mnp75, bunnyette, CRUISERMOMX3, mdaviswv, BookDragon, Hogladyrider, singinalot, boomhower, tawaik, Lhound92, CruizenCuteJulia, Nclgetawaymenhoney, Hilfiger42, atakkat, tstegall24, mirthu, gotscrapz, Medvedik, azjim66, suesnake2002, hucifer, CrusinPedsNurse, E@syPe@zy, zidel, tchakra0124, sharse, Joebucks, mslhb, FP3740, smitty89, Saint Greg, CruisinTeacher4, pafoster62, ms1badtk, aztekpm, Shawnkat, LivetoCruise412, cruisebaby9, TravelLots, mkmaj, licram, stargazer424, bluewater5, winddawn, pebbles1102, not ice cream, RenoNanaOz, ilovethesparkles, sexy50, Sunandslots, rolloman, AzJUnkGirl, im4clowns, lbocola, LandlockedCruiser01, AmBear, jbhcw, jessMN74, Michelle236, TimeToGetNauti, vince5251, Elustriah, maracalone1, Shidah, amallison, MzShae, CelticMCO, Cruiser 4 Life 66, MizT, SausageKingofChi, marcia014, WitnessProtection, liveonthesea, maxydu, Dkmeyers, crusin*tigger, and angelofsin...

❤️

From last night at home... Half bloody Mary half Caeser... (Tomato juice and clamato) with smoked paprika on top[ATTACH]423253[/ATTACH]

I love me a bloody Mary.. I would try this.

As requested a few times... Hopefully it was worth the wait. The one and only picture of me on this cruise, taken by my driver crescencio in Cozumel...

[ATTACH]423295[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]423296[/ATTACH]

Beautiful!

Again, thank you all for your comments / complements. You people made me feel like a celebrity this past week...

***Note: I am most assuredly not a celebrity. In fact I reside in a rented room in a strangers basement, and am probably 4 paychecks away from living under a bridge.

***Note 2: 3 paychecks away from living under a bridge. I have cruised 7 times now on Carnival and 8 on NCL, so pretty much an even split. 14 of my 15 cruises have been solo, and all since 2014... (That's approximately 4 cruises per year, for those in Rio Linda.)

I find that NCL has more "upscale" ships, while Carnival is more "basic"... Both have about equal service all around. As a solo cruiser, NCL is a better deal for me, and with the included Ultimate Beverage Package, it's a no brainer. Carnivals' Cheers package is much more inclusive though. This is the first cruise ever that I never had even 1 glass of "ship water" because of the included bottled water. Also, I find bar service and selection to be about the same on both lines, but with my discovery of the Alchemy Bar, Carnival gets the nod on this one... On NCL, only the Haven has nearly the selection and skills to Make Cocktails Great Again...

I'm pretty much happy on either line, and any day on a ship is better than any day at home. I'm well into my post cruise depression phase now, and my new countdown is 179 days until I sail Norwegians' new flagship, the Bliss. At this point in my life, I'm just happy to have a countdown to something.

Thank you all again for being here, and if you made it this far, you deserve a medal... Join me on the NCL boards on December 1st, and we'll do it all again...

I’ll be there! :)