Vista / Live / Solo - May 27-June 2 2018...

sid_9169

On 5/27/2018 at 4:47 PM, sid_9169 said:

I'm singinalot right now at this view from the Havana aft pool...

IMG_20180527_194224854.thumb.jpg.adc86a75195b574ca9881751ff67d58c.jpg

I would totally like to try out one of those Havana aft balcony cabins...

IMG_20180527_194322298.thumb.jpg.147b7b186fe0f99648f7aec7733c43d4.jpg

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

I am staying in a Havana Cabana with my son on the 12/28/19 sailing of Panorama and I am looking forward to it with alot of trepidation. Let's see if it is worth the Price and the hype on a new ship, New Years Cruise.

On 5/28/2018 at 3:24 PM, sid_9169 said:

Seeing as I'm the only one here, he brought me three lobster tails and a mountain of shrimp...

IMG_20180528_182315035.thumb.jpg.d72563bb89944b4ebca6fce800470567.jpg

I’m laughing so hard I think I’m going to orgasm. Thanks for that!

On 5/28/2018 at 4:55 PM, sid_9169 said:

I know it has tequila and cucumber in it, everything else is a mystery. So far I haven't had a single "on the menu" drink at Alchemy

IMG_20180528_195252920-3006x4008.thumb.jpg.4afb9a8061a2c65a245eb66b6023c239.jpg

So far this is the one calling me...

On 5/28/2018 at 4:23 PM, sid_9169 said:

Kicking up the smoke factor tonight at the Alchemy Bar... Another no name drink. I know it contains tequila and burnt rosemary

IMG_20180528_192222736.thumb.jpg.8378c65f10d88c1720f3a22710907fc5.jpg

The burnt rosemary is really off the hook. Almost mandatory in all my cocktails now. 

On 5/29/2018 at 10:50 AM, sid_9169 said:

Lord knows, I'm trying... I even brought some rubbers for the "safe" part. Although they might be expired...

IMG_20180529_134854191.thumb.jpg.57f62f758f20e923ca3e4bbd811f1e32.jpg

OMFG I’m dying right about now...

On 6/1/2018 at 6:14 PM, sid_9169 said:

Question: If I opened a cash account and have money left over, will they just mail me a check if I don't go collect? There is also a line 25 deep at the kiosk...

Yes, they send you a check if you don’t collect. I’ve gotten two in the mail because I was too lit to remember that money was still on the books. Luckily Carnival’s accounting department doesn’t like it when their books aren’t balanced and do a good job at reconciling. 

• 4 months later...

Just read this review.  Another great one!  The Chef's Table menu has changed since we did it 6 years ago!  That's a shame that the wine pours were not great...for what they are charging, they should be more generous.  After all, the wine is not that expensive!

Loved your east side tour of Cozumel.  We usually plant ourselves at Nachi Cocum, but the east side looks worth a trip.  Did you book the driver in advance or just pick up a taxi at the pier for the day?

And, I'm quite jealous of your very small 2 lb. weight gain after that week of eating and drinking!  You must have a very fast metabolism!!  

Loved the photos of South Beach as well.  We were just there last weekend and I love the Art Deco architecture!  What hotel did you stay at in Miami?  We were at the Hilton Downtown Miami last weekend and it was fine, but nothing spectacular.

So sorry for your loss.  I hope the move to the new flat is a new beginning for you.

Thanks again for the awesome reviews.  I will catch up with your others!  

• Like 1

I've just started your review. I am in the "thinking" mode of doing the Vista next year, taking my 3 sons and d-i-l's as well as a friend.  Looking forward to reading and seeing more of your review. 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 10:32 PM, pcrum said:

Just read this review.  Another great one!  The Chef's Table menu has changed since we did it 6 years ago!  That's a shame that the wine pours were not great...for what they are charging, they should be more generous.  After all, the wine is not that expensive!

Loved your east side tour of Cozumel.  We usually plant ourselves at Nachi Cocum, but the east side looks worth a trip.  Did you book the driver in advance or just pick up a taxi at the pier for the day?

And, I'm quite jealous of your very small 2 lb. weight gain after that week of eating and drinking!  You must have a very fast metabolism!!  

Loved the photos of South Beach as well.  We were just there last weekend and I love the Art Deco architecture!  What hotel did you stay at in Miami?  We were at the Hilton Downtown Miami last weekend and it was fine, but nothing spectacular.

So sorry for your loss.  I hope the move to the new flat is a new beginning for you.

At the cruise terminals you can rent a car which runs around $50. a day. We did that years ago on our first visit to Cozumel and visited a lot of the eastern spots!

Its much more 'rustic' on the Eastern side, and the waves on the beaches are much larger! You'll also be more on your own so safety must always be in the back of your mind!

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 10:32 PM, pcrum said:

If you've never been, you have to visit the East side of Cozumel... So much different and more peaceful than the touristy West side... I have a driver that I've been hiring for years, Crescencio... You can find him on Facebook at Black Hat Cozumel... 

Loved your review!  I am sailing on the Vista in February with 3 friends and can hardly wait I haven't been on a cruise for 4 years.  After reading your review my hubby might just get left behind if he doesn't want to cruise.  

I lost a dear friend 12 years ago.  So sorry for your loss.  She was one of my cruising buddies.

Thank you for such a great review that really put a smile on my face.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bolt said:

Loved your review!  I am sailing on the Vista in February with 3 friends and can hardly wait I haven't been on a cruise for 4 years.  After reading your review my hubby might just get left behind if he doesn't want to cruise.  

I lost a dear friend 12 years ago.  So sorry for your loss.  She was one of my cruising buddies.

Thank you for such a great review that really put a smile on my face.

Thank you so much for your comments, and thanks for reading... Join me on the Horizon in 87 days!...

• 2 months later...

Great review! Makes me want to try the drink package!  But I would be unconscious if I drank that much.  I would have to work up to it.  But I love Margaritas pics, too, so all these pics are right up my alley.  Going to have to try out some of those on my Vista cruise this December. I went once back in 2018, too, and then my Vista for this summer was canceled. Womp, womp. 

On 5/30/2018 at 6:18 PM, sid_9169 said:

I went by the dining room, and someone actually did show up tonight. Unfortunately, it's elegant night, and I'm wearing my Trump t-shirt, so I'm pretty much excluded from any dining room, anywhere...

Haha awesome review. I would have seen that shirt and came and sat with you! Keep up the soulful cruising and reviewing. We are spoiled. 

• 10 months later...

Since it appears that none of us are getting on board any type of ship in the near future, I'm resurrecting this old review... I've already been cancelled on 3 different times, by 2 different cruise lines, and my sanity is wearing thin... My long awaited for Mardi Gras cruise in November has been rescheduled for November 2021, and my Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady back to back will hopefully happen in June 2021... Until then, I have nothing but memories of being out to sea. I pray that we somehow get this corona situation under control, and we all get to enjoy sailing sooner than later... 

• Like 3

Dearest SG, my husband wants to thank you for your review because it kept me occupied for a while!  Now whenever I start crying about not cruising he tells me go read your reviews!  You've become my best cruising friend ever! Thank you, thank you!!

I will start reading the rest! Thanks for saving my cruise sanity!! 

Hugs from Texas!!!

i actually meant this for Saint Greg!  i will however start this review tonight!  

Edited by princess76021
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, princess76021 said:

Dearest SG, my husband wants to thank you for your review because it kept me occupied for a while!  Now whenever I start crying about not cruising he tells me go read your reviews!  You've become my best cruising friend ever! Thank you, thank you!!

I will start reading the rest! Thanks for saving my cruise sanity!! 

Hugs from Texas!!!

i actually meant this for Saint Greg!  i will however start this review tonight!  

Well, I'm just glad I could be in there somewhere...

• Haha 1

OMG!! You and SG are my best friends!! My husband is grateful I got to stop moaning for a few days. Please tell me where I can find more of your reviews, please, it's a long time till March!! I will be on the Vista in March and the Freedom in September. We have not had a cruise since last Oct/Nov Panama canal cruise, withdrawal is horrendous!!!  Again thanks to you guys I can cruise at home for awhile.  Hugs from Texas!!!

• Like 1

OMG!! You and SG are my best friends!! My husband is grateful I got to stop moaning for a few days. Please tell me where I can find more of your reviews, please, it's a long time till March!! I will be on the Vista in March and the Freedom in September. We have not had a cruise since last Oct/Nov Panama canal cruise, withdrawal is horrendous!!!  Again thanks to you guys I can cruise at home for awhile.  Hugs from Texas!!!

Here ya go! Enjoy!

https://saintgregtravel.com/

Here's the latest Carnival review on the Horizon

And, the latest NCL review on the Encore... A lot of Carnival fans have no desire to read about other lines, but a ship is a ship to me...

3 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm not sure how people keep getting me confused with Saint Greg... We are in fact 2 different people...

Very different actually. I think maybe it's our Vista threads both hanging around the top of the forum at the same time.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Here's the latest Carnival review on the Horizon

And, the latest NCL review on the Encore... A lot of Carnival fans have no desire to read about other lines, but a ship is a ship to me...

To partially quote  Jimmy Cagney in Yankee Doodle Dandy, my husband thanks you and I thank you!!! Hugs from Texas!

• Like 1