I've tried everything to receive RCI emails...

Hi all!

I've had an RCI account for over 8 years now. In the beginning I was getting all kinds of emails with special offers and discounts.

For the last 2 years, I haven't received a single email. I've tried multiple times to get back on their mailing list somehow - changed my email, contacted customer service, contacted crown and anchor - but still nothing!

I'm booked on a holiday cruise this December, and it would be really nice to be receiving emails in case any specials come up in the cruise planner (even if this is not likely).

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to start receiving emails again?

Thanks!

I used to get bombarded with emails from all of lines even ones that I have never sailed. Now vertically nothing comes to my mailbox other than Travel agent solicitations. I don't think those great last minute deals are available anymore. I can't remember the last time that I received a Tuesdays special from Celebrity. Royal Caribbeans deals are all a game of three card monte and the more that I follow this board the more I'm learning how they play their game.

I used to get bombarded with emails from all of lines even ones that I have never sailed. Now vertically nothing comes to my mailbox other than Travel agent solicitations. I don't think those great last minute deals are available anymore. I can't remember the last time that I received a Tuesdays special from Celebrity. Royal Caribbeans deals are all a game of three card monte and the more that I follow this board the more I'm learning how they play their game.

Any tips on playing the game?

Try adding

DONOTREPLY@royalcaribbean.com

to your Contacts List or mark it as Trusted...depends on your email server you are using. I had an issue with this as well. If anyone else can post emails they have seen royal use then add them all so it won't go to spam, junk or get blocked altogether.

It just so happens that any cruises on Royal I have been the one that has booked them and the actual money has come out of my account and my details are the lead booking passenger.

My wife though gets all the emails from Royal, me nothing, zilch...... nothing at all in over 5 years irrespective of what I sign up.

Im sure theres dark forces at play here :D

Try adding

DONOTREPLY@royalcaribbean.com

to your Contacts List or mark it as Trusted...depends on your email server you are using. I had an issue with this as well. If anyone else can post emails they have seen royal use then add them all so it won't go to spam, junk or get blocked altogether.

RoyalCaribbean@reply.royalcaribbeanmarketing.com

Hi all!

I've had an RCI account for over 8 years now. In the beginning I was getting all kinds of emails with special offers and discounts.

For the last 2 years, I haven't received a single email. I've tried multiple times to get back on their mailing list somehow - changed my email, contacted customer service, contacted crown and anchor - but still nothing!

I'm booked on a holiday cruise this December, and it would be really nice to be receiving emails in case any specials come up in the cruise planner (even if this is not likely).

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to start receiving emails again?

Thanks!

I am interested in knowing as well

If it is marketing emails then this depends on the people running the campaigns. For each campaign, criteria is used to select email addresses to send the promo emails to. Not everyone is selected.

It may be that somewhere in their system, you are identified as opting not to receive marketing communication. Or that the profile information they have means that you often miss out due to the selection criteria. Sometimes, they only send out one communication per household so if others share your address, someone else will get the emails, not you.

Best option is to select the option to receive marketing emails when given the opportunity. Perhaps at booking stage or as part of check-in. Also check your profile information through Crown and Anchor login and see if there is anything that needs to be updated.

I don't have specific insight into what RC does but above is based on my experience in digital marketing.

Any tips on playing the game?

A year or so ago the CEO announced that they would no longer be discounting last minute to fill the ships. Keep in mind that they still have to fill ships. I have noticed that their ads are well designed to make the average consumer feel like they are getting a deal such as 50% off of the second passenger. Basically they can run this ad and still raise the price of the cruise as long as the second passenger is being discounted 50%. The other way that they fill rooms that aren't selling is to offer a balcony for the same price as an ocean view. In this instance they raise the price of the lower category to match the price of the higher category. Once all of the higher categories are sold out they can sell off the lower category at the higher price. The only way to know this is happening is to follow the price from the beginning. After a while you will just know how much an ocean view or balcony should cost. It seems the best deal that you will receive from Royal is OBC or some other perk give away. As far as price you really have to be lucky. I usually book directly through the cruise line so I can have control of my booking should their be a price drop. This has really worked will for me when sailing on Princess. I booked my Anthem cruise through a TA because after following pricing for the itinerary that I want to sail the prices only went up. At least with the TA I am getting OBC plus the OBC that Royal is giving me. There will always be those itineraries that don't sell but they seem far and few between.

It's a known problem many people have reported and I don't recall anyone posting reliable solution yet.

I wasn't aware of this problem, so I don't know if this will work, I get too many email messages from Royal. But when you sign up for your meet and mingle there is an inclusion box for offers. I know this won't help if the OP doesn't have any 7 day or longer cruises booked in the next year.

Been with Royal 15+ yrs. Same thing, emails stopped about 2 yrs ago. We took our first Celebrity cruise last November, no emails from them since. Took our 1st Princess cruise in March. I get at least 2 emails a day from Princess. Sent email to Royal on this with no response. Don't know what the problem is.

Me too! My sister has to forward to me. It’s a pain as the links go right to her account. I have called - no luck. When I check the box to receive emails, it says I already do. [emoji849] I’ll try adding the donotreply email to my contacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A year or so ago the CEO announced that they would no longer be discounting last minute to fill the ships. Keep in mind that they still have to fill ships. I have noticed that their ads are well designed to make the average consumer feel like they are getting a deal such as 50% off of the second passenger. Basically they can run this ad and still raise the price of the cruise as long as the second passenger is being discounted 50%. The other way that they fill rooms that aren't selling is to offer a balcony for the same price as an ocean view. In this instance they raise the price of the lower category to match the price of the higher category. Once all of the higher categories are sold out they can sell off the lower category at the higher price. The only way to know this is happening is to follow the price from the beginning. After a while you will just know how much an ocean view or balcony should cost. It seems the best deal that you will receive from Royal is OBC or some other perk give away. As far as price you really have to be lucky. I usually book directly through the cruise line so I can have control of my booking should their be a price drop. This has really worked will for me when sailing on Princess. I booked my Anthem cruise through a TA because after following pricing for the itinerary that I want to sail the prices only went up. At least with the TA I am getting OBC plus the OBC that Royal is giving me. There will always be those itineraries that don't sell but they seem far and few between.

Are you saying that RCI honors the OBC even if you transfer the booking to a TA? I would think you would lose that promotion as soon as you transfer the booking. So you’re getting OBC from both RCI and the TA? That would be double dipping discounts.:)

Are you saying that RCI honors the OBC even if you transfer the booking to a TA? I would think you would lose that promotion as soon as you transfer the booking. So you’re getting OBC from both RCI and the TA? That would be double dipping discounts.:)

I booked directly with the TA which I never do on other lines. I received whatever Royal was offering plus what ever the Travel Agent was offering. In this case it was $250 From the TA and $75 from Royal. I booked through my Big Box warehouse club. It was a promo during tax season and they were offering me $250 based on the category and length of the cruise. In my case it was a 9 day cruise in a balcony. My only regret is we are traveling with others and we booked 3 rooms total, with one being a solo cruiser. They had booked before me. Had they waited I could have added their bookings through my club membership and they would have also received the $250 obc. Now I know better for next time. I just assumed that you had to be a member to book through them.

For anyone following this thread - thanks to Barbara, I have just received my first marketing email from RCI in years!

Take her advice and add : RoyalCaribbean@reply.RoyalCaribbeanMarketing.com to your address book/safe senders list!

Thanks Barbara!!

Edited by NTobias

I've tried adding the email address listed to my contacts list and only time will tell if it comes through...!

I, like many others who have posted, have also been desperately trying to sign up to the marketing emails. Of course, my DH has been getting them fine no problem (even though I book all cruises, am lead passenger, have the RC Credit Card etc). Fortunately he knows how to auto-forward certain emails so he's got them auto-forwarding on to me so I end up getting them anyway. But it would be nice just to receive them on my own! While I'm not keen for marketing in general, it helps to know when the sales are on if you're booking shore excursions or drinks packages for an upcoming cruise.

I also had the same problem with RCI and Celebrity. I called numerous times and still no emails. I recently discovered the emails are coming in through my trash folder. Now I get all their announcements. The only ones that come through the inbox are my booked cruises.