Charge for printing out airline boarding passes on the cruise

On our recent RCL cruise I did purchase a Voom package after using up our Diamond free time..but when I went to the library the last night to check in for our TATL flight home the computer there just ran me around in circles for some unknown reason. Soooo, I went to the Diamond Lounge for help and the hostess did help me. She also pointed out, when the United page offered to sell me more miles, that "boy they try to upsell everything!". It was a good laugh as I pointed out that they learned the art of upselling from Royal.....

LOL I'm a UA frequent flyer and their upsell attempts border on ridiculous!

Is there any reason, if not on Southwest, to check in before you get to the airport and have them print your boarding pass when you check luggage? .

Maybe.

Checking in at the 24 hour mark allows you the opportunity to maybe change seats to more desirable seats, maybe upgrade your seats to better seats (sometimes even first class at favorable rates), sometimes you can even volunteer to get bumped if they have over sold the flight

We just returned from a very enjoyable cruise on FOS. We wanted to check-in for our return flight and print out boarding passes. We had not purchased VOOM. I asked at guest relations if there was some provision for just accessing the airline website to check-in. I was told that I would have to purchase one hour of internet service ($9.99 less a 15% discount for platinum status) in order to check-in and get our boarding passes.

The cruise line certainly takes every opportunity to maximize their revenues and I realize that they are a for-profit company. It is a shame that they cannot offer this service as a courtesy as several hotels that I have stayed at have. While this is only a small fee, it is unfortunate that some consideration could be not given after spending thousands of dollars.

Just my opinion. I was wondering what others think?

I think I would check-in with my iphone/smartphone and pick up the boarding passes at the airport when I check my luggage.

Yes. Spirit charges to print boarding passes.

Ah, yes, the cheapest airline in the US. I'm flying them in a few weeks, and gladly paid the fee for the Big Front Seats. The total was still cheaper than other airlines. I'm also taking my RCCL tote bag that is EXACTLY the maximum size of their "personal item" dimensions.

Ah, yes, the cheapest airline in the US. I'm flying them in a few weeks, and gladly paid the fee for the Big Front Seats. The total was still cheaper than other airlines. I'm also taking my RCCL tote bag that is EXACTLY the maximum size of their "personal item" dimensions.

I reluctantly flew Spirit in January for my cruise on Freedom. I paid $25 each way for exit row seats as Big Front seats were sold out. I was pleasantly surprised. Everything went well and I'd definitely fly them again. Yes they charge for everything but you know that going in. Even with the extra fees they were less than half than United.

Never have or will fly Spirit. I don't believe it serves our area.

Actually, the BFS is really comfy: it's 20 inches wide, with 36 inches between my bottom and the seat in front of me. :D