The First Voyage of the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska

BirdTravels

I noticed they had a 'special' comedy show in the main theater last night with the two comedians performing at the Social throughout the cruise on other nights. I was wondering if you know if the show at the Theater by these comedians was different than the show they perform at the Social on other nights.

we saw 6 comics at The Social - 5 had different material

Just wondering where you met for this tour. On Bliss (like in theater) or on docks? Trying to plan our morning and wondering if we have time for a morning tour. Booked Harv & Marvs for 7:30. Also trying to decide if we want to do both or just one. Thanks for all of your help & pics. We are on the July 14th sailing.

That ShoreEx, obviously, will go to Sawyer or Dawes glacier depending on where the ship goes. The ship went to Dawes today, so the ShoreEx went to Dawes

More on that ShoreEx tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you find this excursion? I'm sailing in September on the Bliss and cannot find this excursion.

Birdtravels, you have tons of experience - for these pricey excursions, do you recommend a tip of the 20% ($$$$, as I recall NCL charges $149 or $179 pp for this!!!!) or the standard $10/$20?

Wow your pictures are amazing. I hope that excursion is available next May when we go. Thanks for doing this.

Off topic - I wondered if you could tell me what the price is for the specialty dining that is not al a cart (such as Margaritaville and teppanyaki). Thank you in advance. Oh and thank you for all the menus you posted earlier.

How do you find this excursion? I'm sailing in September on the Bliss and cannot find this excursion.

I am on the Sept 1st sailing, went to NCL, excursions, Juneau and found under the NCL Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer Tour, $179pp. Just booked it this afternoon.

Thank you Erdoran for such a great thread and photos. I hope your vacation has been really enjoyable!

Wow your pictures are amazing. I hope that excursion is available next May when we go. Thanks for doing this.

Off topic - I wondered if you could tell me what the price is for the specialty dining that is not al a cart (such as Margaritaville and teppanyaki). Thank you in advance. Oh and thank you for all the menus you posted earlier.

Hope this helps, the Margaritaville menu has the pricing directly on each item. Teppanyaki is $29.95 per person or you can use one dining credit towards the meal. It is very tasty!!

I am on the Sept 1st sailing, went to NCL, excursions, Juneau and found under the NCL Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer Tour, $179pp. Just booked it this afternoon.

Thank you Erdoran for such a great thread and photos. I hope your vacation has been really enjoyable!

LOL gbcruise - that’s birdtravels who is there, but I will be on the Bliss with you! I’m on same sailing!

Dying to hear about that shorex!

Emptynesters, I found as soon as I booked some excursions most of the rest of them disappeared from the website, even though they were still available. If you think you want it, call NCL and ask if it's available, don't wait!

It's true that the rest of the excursions disappear once you booked an excursion for that particular port. That happens to prevent you from double booking the excursions.

But you can see the rest of the excursions via https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions

If you see a new excursion you might prefer, you'll need to call to cancel the excursion you already booked to book the new one.

Cheers!

Edited by bluesea777

I called and Sept 1st sailing is the last time this is available on the Bliss, I am hoping to convince hubby to do this cruise

Yep, I just called too--and then read the fine print of the excursion and they don't offer it in early May or mid to late September because of diminishing daylight and ice conditions. Bummer. I'm going one week too late!!!

BirdTravels, echoing the sentiments of other posters here, thank you so much for your time, energy and overall effort. I am on The Bliss to Alaska in mid-September and now I am not only very excited, but also very hungry! Enjoy the rest of your trip and keep the updates coming.

Wondering if I could ask one more favor of you? We have a 10-year-old and I'm not sure that I want to buy him the specialty dining plan as he is a VERY picky eater - everything must be plain! I read in the dailies that there is a special kids menu that is free in the specialty restaurants - I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind snapping and posting a photo of it? As always this is much appreciated!!! love your thread!

BirdTravels - your pics are amazing ! We did the Tracy Arm Fjords ‘cruise’ several years ago and one should do it once. There was indeed so much ice at Dawes that the Captain wasn’t able to do two complete turnarounds.

In Ketchikan, we live thaw Wild Exploration and crab feast - all you can eat Dungeness Crab - so sweet. Have done that excursions 5 times! In Juneau, we just went to Tracy’s Crab Shack (across the parking lot from where the shuttle drops you off at the base of the Mt. Roberts tram. Very good but pricey. Gold panning and salmon bake is fun and great food. Today we took a 6 hour Yukon Scenic Drive and saw many stunning lakes, a cinnamon “black” bear that looked brown, a very busy eating dandelions Black bear and a very young black bear on the rocks.

Lots of fun, weather has been pretty awesome for Alaska.

• Like 1