Cruise Critic Community
GA Dave

Upgrade Bid Emails

Just wondering when NCL starts sending the emails asking for upgrade bids for a cruise. We are still 99 days out from our cruise date, but I do not want to miss any opportunities. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

One more quick question (too many years between cruises): Upon our arrival back in Miami, how long before they “kick us off the ship”? We are staying overnight in Miami right near the port and would prefer to take our time getting off to avoid the mad rush of people heading to the airport.

Edited by GA Dave
Additional question

Just wondering when NCL starts sending the emails asking for upgrade bids for a cruise. We are still 99 days out from our cruise date, but I do not want to miss any opportunities. Any help is appreciated!

Keep checking NCL.com. Sometimes I miss the email but its always on the front page and in your message box. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!

One more quick question (too many years between cruises): Upon our arrival back in Miami, how long before they “kick us off the ship”? We are staying overnight in Miami right near the port and would prefer to take our time getting off to avoid the mad rush of people heading to the airport.

They will announce the colors/times. Just get the latest time and when they have called every other color and time they will ask for all remaining passengers to disembark.

Candi

Keep checking NCL.com. Sometimes I miss the email but its always on the front page and in your message box. Enjoy your cruise!

I received an email but there was never a message on my ncl page. Has anyone else had that?

I received an email but there was never a message on my ncl page. Has anyone else had that?

You signed in and didn't see the banner on the first page? Your messages were empty?:confused:

Thanks!

All ashore is 10 am. Gotta be out of your room by 8. New passengers start boarding before 11:00.

Thanks!

Last call will be between 9:30 and 10:00. If you wait until last call you might be off the ship quickly or in a line for an hour on the ship. Cabins have to be vacated by 8:30 unless your steward allows you to stay later. Waiting does nothing about avoiding the rush to and at the airport other than put you at the back of any lines. If you want to avoid as much pain at the airport as possible, book a late afternoon flight and take an excursion upon arrival back in Miami.

Just remember that there could be more than 20,000 cruisers arriving back into Miami on any given day.

Last call will be between 9:30 and 10:00. If you wait until last call you might be off the ship quickly or in a line for an hour on the ship. Cabins have to be vacated by 8:30 unless your steward allows you to stay later. Waiting does nothing about avoiding the rush to and at the airport other than put you at the back of any lines. If you want to avoid as much pain at the airport as possible, book a late afternoon flight and take an excursion upon arrival back in Miami.

Just remember that there could be more than 20,000 cruisers arriving back into Miami on any given day.

That is why we are avoiding the airport completely the day we disembark. We have a reservation at the Marriott Biscayne Bay for the night before and the night after. DW and I hate to have to rush around on vacations, so we figured it was worth the extra $$$ to not have to worry about missing flights.

I have I have found that after 9 AM you can stroll off the ship with basically zero lines...there will be cabs ready...clearing customs is a breeze...enjoy the cruise from a fellow Georgian.

80 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SInce they chanced final payments from 90 to 120 days at the end of last year, I wonder if that will expand once the bookings catch up to that...

Not sure what ship you are on but we were on the Sky a couple of weeks ago and had to vacate our cabin by 9 a.m. Breakfast was served until 9:30 a.m., at which point we were told that they needed to clean the area and we had to move. We just went ahead and left because the lines were very long. Said that Cuba sailings are different.

Not sure what ship you are on but we were on the Sky a couple of weeks ago and had to vacate our cabin by 9 a.m. Breakfast was served until 9:30 a.m., at which point we were told that they needed to clean the area and we had to move. We just went ahead and left because the lines were very long. Said that Cuba sailings are different.

We are on the Getaway in early September. So far there are still cabins available in every category, so we are hoping it is not real full.

They will announce the colors/times. Just get the latest time and when they have called every other color and time they will ask for all remaining passengers to disembark.

Candi

My DW and I actually hid under our favorite table in the dining room after our breakfast so we didn’t have to leave the ship... but were found by a table captain who reminded us that we still have one more day of cruising left.. and if we are gonna try to hide we should consider back stage in the auditorium!!! Boy we felt as if we had egg on our face... you know what they say... leave no rock unturned!!!