Parking for Adventure of the Seas Cape Liberty

Hello,

My husband and I will be sailing out of the Port of Bayonne to board the Adventure of the seas in August. I have a parking question. We want to park at the pier but I am concerned that since the Celebrity Summit and the Anthem of the Seas also park at the pier now, will it be difficult to find a parking spot? Those ships typically sail on Saturdays or Sundays and the Adventure on Friday. Is the new parking sufficient for the three ships? We live on LI and the car service is very expensive compared to the cost of the pier parking. We also prefer the flexibility of brining our own car.

Any comments from those who have recently parked at the NJ pier?

Thanks.

Cape Liberty has plenty of parking. It just may not be in the garage. All three ships have been sailing for several weeks now and no one has complained about not being able to park, but folks have reported the garage was full and they were directed to the outdoor lot parking.

For many years before the new garage Cape Liberty had two ships sailing in the summer months using the outdoor parking and there were never any capacity problems. The new garage added 900 spaces.

Don't get crazy about it. You will be able to park.

• 2 weeks later...

Just parked there while departing on a Friday on the Adventurer of the Seas and we were able to park in the garage without a problem. We did have to go up to the 4th level prior to finding a spot though, we got there about 10:30.

Just parked there while departing on a Friday on the Adventurer of the Seas and we were able to park in the garage without a problem. We did have to go up to the 4th level prior to finding a spot though, we got there about 10:30.

Hope the cruise was great! thanks

It seems as if the garage spots are going to the Anthem and Adventure. This only makes sense as the Anthem has been there longest, so as these spots in the garage empty out, they fill them back up. There seems to be no garage spots for Summit passengers,but you can never tell. I can only repeat what I have said on other threads. You will be able to park, but a spot in the garage is not a guarantee. You might get surface parking.

It seems as if the garage spots are going to the Anthem and Adventure. This only makes sense as the Anthem has been there longest, so as these spots in the garage empty out, they fill them back up. There seems to be no garage spots for Summit passengers,but you can never tell. I can only repeat what I have said on other threads. You will be able to park, but a spot in the garage is not a guarantee. You might get surface parking.

We sailed Summit May 13-20 and were told that the garage was closed for Summit cruises for the season. Not sure who decided this, but that's what it is. So if you are sailing on Summit be prepared to park in the horrid outside lot across from the cruise terminal and directly across from Bayonne Dry Dock.

I assume Anthem gets first shot, what's left over goes to Adventure then they start filling the outside lot and all Summit cruisers get the outside lot.

Let me tell you the lot was FULL when we sailed, so there are tons of people driving to Cape Liberty. Also this was the first time since the garage was built that we were not able to park there. Not happy still having to pay $20 a day to park in such a terrible lot.

Does anyone know about handicapped parking in the garage? I'm sailing on Adventure in July and we need handicapped parking. I intend to drop my sister, her scooter and all our luggage at the terminal and then park the car.