Silhouette Sky Suites

crazee4cruzin

Hi all, Are the S2 suites noisy? I have read that they are because of the cafe. How bad is it? We can get into an S1 for $500 more total for two. It is worth it? Are the S2 cabins larger than S1? It is a 8 night Caribbean cruise. I have had an aft cabin before and it was a long walk from the elevators and the balcony was very warm for sitting (Caribbean). The view is great. Smelled of soot sometimes. I love the S1 location and layout. That is why I am asking. Also, where is the window washing equipment, aft?

Thank you for your comments.

Hi all, Are the S2 suites noisy? I have read that they are because of the cafe. How bad is it? We can get into an S1 for $500 more total for two. It is worth it? Are the S2 cabins larger than S1? It is a 8 night Caribbean cruise. I have had an aft cabin before and it was a long walk from the elevators and the balcony was very warm for sitting (Caribbean). The view is great. Smelled of soot sometimes. I love the S1 location and layout. That is why I am asking. Also, where is the window washing equipment, aft?

We just had our first suite, an S1 on the Equinox, but toured an S2 on the cabin crawl. Even though they are listed as the same size, there is no question but that the S1 is larger (or certainly seems larger), at least on the Equinox. The S1 balcony is definitely larger, because they are on the corner of the ship.

Tom & Judy

You can hear trolleys being moved about occasionally in the buffet above, but it's not loud and never annoyed us.

You can hear trolleys being moved about occasionally in the buffet above, but it's not loud and never annoyed us.

What we DID notice was the cooking smell from the buffet kitchen, particularly when they were cooking curry!

We've been in 2123, an S2, several times. It is under the carpeted area of the buffet and we never noticed any noise. The S2's closest to the elevators seem to be quieter than those farther aft. Probably because there are no serving stations opposite those tables.

When we booked a recent cruise the only Sky Suites left were under the buffed, midway back. After reading numerous complaints about the noise, we passed and booked SV. We do love the suite perks, but like peace and quiet even more. Our very favorite are the S1s, corner aft.

My friend had a handicap sky suite on Silhouette under the buffet and said it was so noisy he couldn't sleep. He thought he was under a galley, but the galley is in the middle of the ship...maybe the sound of the galley carried across the ceiling.

We've stayed in a S2 twice. 2121 and 2114 on Silhouette.

I am a very light sleeper and was never bothered by the noise above. Occasionally we could hear it but it would not stop us from booking there again.

Was just in one of those S2s under Oceanview on Reflection and it was quite noisy. Carts rumbling around a lot, clanking and clattering sounds frequently like people were dropping things on metal and could even hear loud footfalls from heels occasionally. At times there was rumbling and clattering even at 2am (I assume from cleaners since the buffet is closed at that time). I would avoid these cabins if you like to spend a lot of time relaxing in your cabin and/or are a light sleeper. It will annoy you otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always book the S2 sky suites on Equinox. Actually we have been in the same room last 3 cruises and have it booked for two more! Sometimes you can hear some muffled sounds but it has never bothered us. I love being on the highest balcony where no one can look down on me - deck 12. I love watching the wake.

• 4 weeks later...
We always book the S2 sky suites on Equinox. Actually we have been in the same room last 3 cruises and have it booked for two more! Sometimes you can hear some muffled sounds but it has never bothered us. I love being on the highest balcony where no one can look down on me - deck 12. I love watching the wake.

You're referring to the aft s2 I assume.

How was the noise from above?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My friend had a handicap sky suite on Silhouette under the buffet and said it was so noisy he couldn't sleep. He thought he was under a galley, but the galley is in the middle of the ship...maybe the sound of the galley carried across the ceiling.

I did one of those deck matching overlay things online where you can take one deck and drag it over another. I noticed that part of those handicapped s2 cabins are set in under a non public area.