Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

4 hours ago, Beachammo said:

They could send all the Oasis class down to Australia and use them for a new reef??

Good Idea. We can reduce the effects of climate change. Also we can replace the reef which it has killed.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:09 PM, toad455 said:

I'd be okay if they subbed out Bonaire with another port. Bonaire is one of the islands you only need to visit once.

On the other hand, being ocean loving people, Bonaire is one of the islands we'd specifically look for........

6 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

I am guessing if it's not out first thing in the morning, wait until the next day?

I have been monitoring the port of St. Maarten cruise calendar and Odyssey has just appeared there beginning December 2, 2020. This would suggest inaugural voyage is to Caribbean, probably 8 nighter like Adventure is currently doing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

I have been monitoring the port of St. Maarten cruise calendar and Odyssey has just appeared there beginning December 2, 2020. This would suggest inaugural voyage is to Caribbean, probably 8 nighter like Adventure is currently doing. 

Thanks! I also see it on Dec 30 2020. 

45 minutes ago, jamestown478 said:

Anyone know when they will start booking for the supposed new oasis class ship. I want to do Europe on her.

I'd say not for awhile. Odyssey hasn't even opened for booking and that's due in Fall 2020. Oasis 5 isn't due until February 2021. 

On 3/20/2019 at 12:26 PM, Kokomo91165 said:

I was looking at the port bookings as well. 

I find it interesting that she doesn't seem to call in a specific pattern. I see Tuesdays and Wednesdays at varying times, and not consistently every other week. If she picked up the 6/8 nighters, I know Adventure is offering some 8 nighters to the ABC islands, so she could pick those up too which could explain the inconsistent schedule. Can Odyssey fit at all the ABCs?

Was also thinking about the terminal issue that was bought up earlier. Putting Odyssey at T29 seems to be an issue imo. The Saturday spot at T18 is open, however. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 6:33 PM, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I was looking at the port bookings as well. 

I find it interesting that she doesn't seem to call in a specific pattern. I see Tuesdays and Wednesdays at varying times, and not consistently every other week. If she picked up the 6/8 nighters, I know Adventure is offering some 8 nighters to the ABC islands, so she could pick those up too which could explain the inconsistent schedule. Can Odyssey fit at all the ABCs?

Was also thinking about the terminal issue that was bought up earlier. Putting Odyssey at T29 seems to be an issue imo. The Saturday spot at T18 is open, however. 

I doubt Bonaire would accomodate a Quantum class ship.

They have 2 piers.

Some Freedom itineraries did not go to Bonaire when the larger of the two piers was under construction. I'm not sure the "renovations" brought it up to the ability to handle Odyssey.......

6 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

I doubt Bonaire would accomodate a Quantum class ship.

They have 2 piers.

Some Freedom itineraries did not go to Bonaire when the larger of the two piers was under construction. I'm not sure the "renovations" brought it up to the ability to handle Odyssey.......

Norwegian has Breakaway Plus class ships scheduled to visit Bonaire in the next two years, and those are similarly sized to Quantum class.  I'm guessing it can handle Odyssey.

25 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Norwegian has Breakaway Plus class ships scheduled to visit Bonaire in the next two years, and those are similarly sized to Quantum class.  I'm guessing it can handle Odyssey.

Hmm........ that is interesting.

Odyssey says it'll clock in at 1142 feet long, and the Bonaire port says the Northern Pier (bigger of the two) says Max length is 1050 feet.  And Freedom did skip it several times when the Northern Pier was unavailable. 

Maybe I'm interpreting that wrong though...... Norwegian Breakaway is listed at 1068 feet, and I saw a site that says the Breakaway Plus will be similar length. I wonder how much play they have with those numbers, although it's almost 75ft difference in length between NCL and RCl ships.

Edited by NateUpNorth

2 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Hmm........ that is interesting.

Odyssey says it'll clock in at 1142 feet long, and the Bonaire port says the Northern Pier (bigger of the two) says Max length is 1050 feet. And Freedom did skip it several times when the Northern Pier was unavailable. 

Maybe I'm interpreting that wrong though......

Yeah, then Breakaway Plus is like 70 ft shorter then Odyessy. Was at Bonaire not long ago on Serenade. They could add those extra concrete extension blocks further back from Pier to tie off larger ships. Seen that at many stops as Cruise ships have got larger