Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
MADflyer

Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

Recommended Posts

On 10/25/2018 at 4:40 PM, irelandvegas said:

A social media page yesterday claims that Adventure will be out of Bayonne replacing Anthem when she goes to Southhampton.  Anyone confirm this?  It says she will follow the five night Bermuda 9 Night Bermuda/ St. Marteen that seems typical out of NJ.   It further says in April but lists late May in the details.   Any knowledge or speculation on this matter?  We hope to sail out of NJ in May and would like the longer southern route if possible.  I can't find it to copy it here, but seemed knowlegeble and credible.   

 

I hope Royal opens the booking for May 2020 soon, seems that mid December is the best guess. 

 

Thanks for all the help, great threat!

 

Could you give hints on the social media page that claims that Adventure is going to fit in for Anthem out of Cape Liberty?

Further, have there been details which ship is going to replace Anthem on the fall routes up to Canada/New England? Maybe the newbuild Quantum 5?

 

Adventure fitting in for Anthem would be a downgrade to a certain extent. I don't know Voyager Class, but Freedom Class, and IMHO when you know Freedom Class you also know Voyager Class more or less, since Freedom is just a stretched Voyager.

I liked Liberty (Freedom Class) but IMHO no comparison to Quantum Class (Anthem) - especially out of Cape Liberty, Anthem is a great ship IMHO fitting well for Canada/NE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Quantum 5 will be delivered in Fall 2020 too late for the New England cruise season.

Royal announcing the name of this ship surely must be close with the start of the new deployment going on sale in around 10 days time. 

Edited by springaussie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, springaussie said:

Royal announcing the name of this ship surely must be close with the start of the new deployment going on sale in around 10 days time. 

When is the name of Quantum 5 being publicly announced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Quantum 5 will be delivered in Fall 2020 too late for the New England cruise season.

 

It kinda depends: by end of August/early September it wouldn’t be too late to deploy her on the Canada/NE itineraries after a Transatlantic, let’s assume 9 nights from Southampton to Cape Liberty. 

If the ship gets delivered in mid of October or so, than it’s too late for those itineraries, yes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, springaussie said:

Royal announcing the name of this ship surely must be close with the start of the new deployment going on sale in around 10 days time. 

In previous deployments, I seem to remember new ship itineraries being delayed - not available at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

 

It kinda depends: by end of August/early September it wouldn’t be too late to deploy her on the Canada/NE itineraries after a Transatlantic, let’s assume 9 nights from Southampton to Cape Liberty. 

If the ship gets delivered in mid of October or so, than it’s too late for those itineraries, yes...

They are not allowed to do the river Ems passage before October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Adventure is indeed covering for Anthem over the summer, I would imagine that she'll stay through October to do the 9 night Canada/NE cruises. Then Q5 could head over by November to start the Caribbean/Bahamas sailings. 

 

Wonder if a second ship will be added in Sep/Oct to cover the 10/11 night one way cruises between NJ and Quebec. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cruiserdudebobby8 said:

Spectrum 2 (Q5) shows up on Grand Cayman bi-weekly winter 2020 as she will be homeported in Florida

Good catch.

 

Anthem back to NJ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

They are not allowed to do the river Ems passage before October.

 

Really? Because Meyer usually delivers two ships per year, one in spring and one in late summer or fall - this year NCL Bliss had her Ems convenience in March, and also other ships were conveyed before October.

 

But now that we have the source Quantum 5 will call at Grand Cayman by-weekly, it is more or less clear she will sail the 6/8 night runs from Ft. Lauderdale, because it fits into the schedule of those itineraries.

Adventure also operates on them to that pattern.

 

So Anthem otS should be very likely to return to Cape Liberty after her Europe season.

 

In summer 2020, Adventur otS is listed at St. Maarten for the 12:15 pm - 08:00 pm calls, at those times also Anthem calls there during her summer routes in the Caribbean. So that's another indicator to see Adventure fitting in for Anthem. 

 

Edited by shipfriend_max

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

 

Really? Because Meyer usually delivers two ships per year, one in spring and one in late summer or fall - this year NCL Bliss had her Ems convenience in March, and also other ships were conveyed before October.

 

But now that we have the source Quantum 5 will call at Grand Cayman by-weekly, it is more or less clear she will sail the 6/8 night runs from Ft. Lauderdale, because it fits into the schedule of those itineraries.

Adventure also operates on them to that pattern.

 

So Anthem otS should be very likely to return to Cape Liberty after her Europe season.

 

In summer 2020, Adventur otS is listed at St. Maarten for the 12:15 pm - 08:00 pm calls, at those times also Anthem calls there during her summer routes in the Caribbean. So that's another indicator to see Adventure fitting in for Anthem. 

 

 

Freedom from PC did GC by weekly. Std East/West switch.  6/8 not needed for that. Seems to me that 6/8 is a harder ship to fill. Why tie Q5 into that restriction 

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Freedom from PC did GC by weekly. Std East/West switch.  6/8 not needed for that

 

Yeah, but regarding the fact that Spectrum 2 will call at GC evey second Tuesday, it makes sense that she sails the 6/8 night runs. Because also now with Adventure otS on the 6/8 night cruises Grand Cayman will be calles at Tuesday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 8:59 PM, ranchette said:

What year is Adventure replacing the Anthem? I have a cruise on the Anthem in June 2019.

There are no changes to current deployment, the year in question is 2020

 

The source could be wrong as Adventure is anyhow likely to be deployed out of Bayonne as in previous years. Hence, unless the market is underperforming they would need to have a additional ship based there for summer to cover for Anthem.

 

On the other hand, maybe we will see as of winer 2020/21 two ships from Bayonne year round, meaning Anthem + Quanum 5 for the winter. I really doubt that a Quantum Class ship will be homeported in FL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LXA350 said:

I really doubt that a Quantum Class ship will be homeported in FL

And why do you say that? 

 

If it has to do with their cold weather design, the fact that Radiance Class ships spend a lot of time in the Caribbean destroys that argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

And why do you say that? 

 

If it has to do with their cold weather design, the fact that Radiance Class ships spend a lot of time in the Caribbean destroys that argument.

 

Radiance and Vision class ships only have one enclosed pool area, normally for 16 and over.  Quantum has that plus another general pool area that is enclosed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Radiance and Vision class ships only have one enclosed pool area, normally for 16 and over.  Quantum has that plus another general pool area that is enclosed.

I know. Quantum has the solarium which is enclosed, the second pool area with a sliding glass roof, and an outdoor pool. My overall point was that Quantum and Radiance Classes are both designed for cold weather IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I know. Quantum has the solarium which is enclosed, the second pool area with a sliding glass roof, and an outdoor pool. My overall point was that Quantum and Radiance Classes are both designed for cold weather IMO.

 

Perhaps, I was not familiar with RC when they were coming out with Radiance class ships, but I never had the impression that they (or Vision class ships which are similar) were designed for cold weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Perhaps, I was not familiar with RC when they were coming out with Radiance class ships, but I never had the impression that they (or Vision class ships which are similar) were designed for cold weather.

 

Could that have been one of their reasons for turbine engines.  Cold climates have more pollution rules.  Just guessing

 

And wasn't Anthem destined for FL originally

 

FWIW, the first entry in wikipedia says Radiance was designed for cooler climates 

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Perhaps, I was not familiar with RC when they were coming out with Radiance class ships, but I never had the impression that they (or Vision class ships which are similar) were designed for cold weather.

I was just thinking of their lack of a large pool area, interior areas with large swaths of class, and their continued used on colder itineraries like Alaska and the Baltic. 

 

Point being that I think you'll see a Q Class ship in Florida. Anthem was originally destined for FLL before Quantum ended up being sent to China. 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Could that have been one of their reasons for turbine engines.  Cold climates have more pollution rules.  Just guessing

 

And wasn't Anthem destined for FL originally

 

FWIW, the first entry in wikipedia says Radiance was designed for cooler climates 

 

The turbine engines were touted as greener.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

 

The turbine engines were touted as greener.

 

Less pollution,  needed for Nordic countries.  I think scrubbers fix that now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Less pollution,  needed for Nordic countries.  I think scrubbers fix that now

 

Plus the turbine engines were much less efficient in port, when only generating power for runing the hotel operations.  So much less efficient that they tore holes in the sides of all Radiance class ships and installed diesel generators (and their separate fuel system) for use in port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Perhaps, I was not familiar with RC when they were coming out with Radiance class ships, but I never had the impression that they (or Vision class ships which are similar) were designed for cold weather.

Agree. Vision and Radiance Class designed for both, frequently open their Roof in warm climate. It's the Voyager Class that was the Odd Ball not having a retractable roof even though built at same time. First time sailing on Voyager 20yrs ago while walking threw Solarium I assumed the roof was open...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree. Vision and Radiance Class designed for both, frequently open their Roof in warm climate. It's the Voyager Class that was the Odd Ball not having a retractable roof even though built at same time. First time sailing on Voyager 20yrs ago while walking threw Solarium I assumed the roof was open...

 

Voyager was probably going for a new market when she was designed. More activities available 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...