(Cross-post with Silversea): I'm in Mourning...Caviar Ban on Imports

MuseCruiser

Back to the original topic, it looks like I may get my chance to experience Caviar in the Surf (even though I don't eat caviar!). Just added the 7 day cruise from St Thomas to FLL before I do the crossing. Letting Seabourn do the flight from London via Miami to STT. Very expensive to do the bit from Miami to STT compared to the fare between Heathrow and Miami. Will fly out the day before and the hotel Seabourn will put me in is probably the Marriot Frenchman's Reef.

The good thing about going to the Caribbean is I don't think they have pirates there, do they? :)

The good news is that Seabourn has already secured its allotment of caviar for the season, so all's well for the nonce.

It's good really that the UN is taking some steps, though, to get a handle on the situation. We all can't truly go blithely along and not face up to what's happening in the Caspian.

Insh'allah they will come up with a reasonable solution that will allow our kids to enjoy some of the good eggs too.

I would think that there's enough incentive for aquaculturists to create a great product, given time.

bgood

>"The good thing about going to the Caribbean is I don't think they have pirates there, do they?"

I hope not 'your' kind! We will be on that leg too (had booked it with the crossing but I cancelled the crossing) as will the La Palomas and Jane from California, I believe. Anyone else?

>"The good thing about going to the Caribbean is I don't think they have pirates there, do they?"

I hope not 'your' kind! We will be on that leg too (had booked it with the crossing but I cancelled the crossing) as will the La Palomas and Jane from California, I believe. Anyone else?

Jane--the pirates in the Caribbean are located in the Freeport Shops!!! Don

Back to the original topic, it looks like I may get my chance to experience Caviar in the Surf (even though I don't eat caviar!). Just added the 7 day cruise from St Thomas to FLL before I do the crossing. Letting Seabourn do the flight from London via Miami to STT. Very expensive to do the bit from Miami to STT compared to the fare between Heathrow and Miami. Will fly out the day before and the hotel Seabourn will put me in is probably the Marriot Frenchman's Reef.

The good thing about going to the Caribbean is I don't think they have pirates there, do they? :)

Norm--looking forward to meeting you--enjoyed your pictures and comments about your pirate adventure--as I mentioned to Jane the pirates of the Caribbean are in the Freeport shops on St Thomas. We will probably see you at Frenchmans Reef, or at the Skybar. Should be a great cruise!!!

Just a note - that is Easter Sunday, there will be some shops open but not too many, especially that morning. We ran into this on Easter last year at STT.

We stayed downtown and watched all the locals heading to church in thier Easter finery.

>"Just a note - that is Easter Sunday, there will be some shops open but not too many, especially that morning. We ran into this on Easter last year at STT."

That's why we are arriving on Friday. Figured I could shop on Saturday! (not that I need anything!)

Archived