Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
NJ&Ozzie

Current hotel directors???

Recommended Posts

On 4/23/2019 at 5:48 PM, elleluv said:

 

We were just on Empress...    John is there through the end of this month and then is going back to Grandeur.    

 

He mentioned they have new hotel directors on both Empress and Grandeur, so he's going back and forth between the two.

 

 

Too bad they aren't sending him to Mariner as it is Florida base -- I say that without knowing who is HD on Mariner and if that person is good so please don't flame me.  John was our HD on EX in 2014 and he mixed with folks in the lounges.  He helped us out with some issues particularly slow Internet as we needed to keep in touch with our daughter and son-in-law who were putting in bids/contracts to buy houses (DH is a former Mortgage Loan Officer and they needed his guidance.)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Too bad they aren't sending him to Mariner as it is Florida base -- I say that without knowing who is HD on Mariner and if that person is good so please don't flame me.  John was our HD on EX in 2014 and he mixed with folks in the lounges.  He helped us out with some issues particularly slow Internet as we needed to keep in touch with our daughter and son-in-law who were putting in bids/contracts to buy houses (DH is a former Mortgage Loan Officer and they needed his guidance.)  

 

Love...love JD.  Really nice dinner we were invited to enjoy with him.  I was lucky enough to be seated next to him.  Great conversations, and one of the very best HDs we have met.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 9:16 AM, island lady said:

 

Love...love JD.  Really nice dinner we were invited to enjoy with him.  I was lucky enough to be seated next to him.  Great conversations, and one of the very best HDs we have met.   

That's why we hope he is assigned to a Port C home-ported ship.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 10:08 PM, SherriZ366 said:

That's why we hope he is assigned to a Port C home-ported ship.  

 

Fingers crossed!  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Landry is currently hotel director on Ovation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 12:49 PM, island lady said:

 

Fingers crossed!  🙂 

If every person who wants to see JD on the Mariner would put it on every survey on whatever cruise you are on, Royal will get tired of seeing it. Imagine hundreds of cruisers putting it in their survey no matter what ship they are on would send a clear message to Royal. If we do this for a solid year, we might get what we want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:00 AM, LXA350 said:

Michael Landry is currently hotel director on Ovation

We were on the 5/13 Ovation cruise and had dinner with Michael, and he was going on vacation after this cruise.

Ovation.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Does anyone know if the Empress holds a Captain’s table?

no, 3-4 night cruises (not just Empress but any ship doing short cruises) do not have a Captain's table. They are too busy. This was told to me by 2 different captains...so they had lunch with me in WJ instead. And sometimes on the longer cruises, they may designate a replacement host (staff captain, hotel director, etc).

Edited by wolfcathorse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I’m trying to find out the HD on Grandeur this summer and early fall. Does anybody know the schedule/vacation schedule of the current HD. Thanks 

 

m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2019 at 11:04 AM, wolfcathorse said:

no, 3-4 night cruises (not just Empress but any ship doing short cruises) do not have a Captain's table. They are too busy. This was told to me by 2 different captains...so they had lunch with me in WJ instead. And sometimes on the longer cruises, they may designate a replacement host (staff captain, hotel director, etc).

 

MJ did when she was in PC.

JD and then Francoise Chevalier 

 

BTW, Serenade had most of the upper officers host a table on the recent TA. But no Pinnacles,  lots of new cruisers and maybe some Diamonds and D+

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 3:26 PM, island lady said:

 

Robert Taggert is from Vancouver, indeed Canada, super nice guy enjoyed dinner with him one night.  Not sure who previous poster is talking about either.  🤔

 

Robert Taggart joined Serenade when we got to Amsterdam.  Kind of odd that he kept his door open all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beachnative said:

Who is the current HD on the Anthem?

Dean Bailey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Johann Petuschnig (I think that's the spelling) is onboard Harmony.

 

Close. He was on last year

 

20181004_145923.thumb.jpg.a74c15e18358c5b629da3e83369e4647.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 11:04 AM, wolfcathorse said:

no, 3-4 night cruises (not just Empress but any ship doing short cruises) do not have a Captain's table. They are too busy. This was told to me by 2 different captains...so they had lunch with me in WJ instead. And sometimes on the longer cruises, they may designate a replacement host (staff captain, hotel director, etc).

you are incorrect. I was on the Empress 6/10 and was at the Captain’s table hosted by the hotel director. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Johann Petuschnig (I think that's the spelling) is onboard Harmony. 

Wonder if he will still be on for HM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:16 AM, Pumbaamd said:

We were on the 5/13 Ovation cruise and had dinner with Michael, and he was going on vacation after this cruise.

Ovation.JPG

Michael Rasmussen moved from Anthem to Ovation to replace him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dubaihammer said:

Michael Rasmussen moved from Anthem to Ovation to replace him.

Do you know if Mike Landry will return to Ovation after his vacation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Robert Taggart joined Serenade when we got to Amsterdam.  Kind of odd that he kept his door open all the time.

 

Adored the guy...very lively and very intelligent.  Was such a fun evening with him.  

 

Where is he now?  We will be doing Radiance Alaska B2B next year, was hoping to see him again.  I know he loved being able to go home every other week on those runs.  If Serenade is doing those round trips from Vancouver, that would be even more inviting for him I would think.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, grneyes said:

Best HD is John Denton 

 

 

Agree there...both he and Robert are fantastic!  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

Agree there...both he and Robert are fantastic!  🙂 

 

Taggart is one funny guy.🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Taggart is one funny guy.🙂

 

We and two other couples were invited to Chops to dinner with him on Radiance Alaska a few years ago.  He kept us laughing through the whole evening, which ended up being over 2 hours.  Great fun!!  🙂  He really knows his music too!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...