How to check if shareholder OBC has been applied?

Arzeena

Does anyone know how to check if the Sharholder OBC has been applied?

Where does it show up online? How/where can I check for it?

All paperwork was faxed to number provided in their sharholder info.

Thank you.

If you include your email address in with any future request, many times the World Cruise desk will email you a confirmation back. However, if you are using a TA or PCC, they may not contact you directly. So, if you are using a travel agent or a PCC, you should check with them (as suggested above).

If you did not, you can contact call HAL's World Cruise Reservations at 800-522-3399.

If you have a booking confirmation from HAL, look on the first page and see the amount of OBC per each person you re getting. If the amounts are not the same, you likely have the shareholder credit, as you only get one per cabin and it is applied to the primary person on the reservation (in most cases).

I am not certain this will work for you, but it is how I track it.

We always take a paper copy of the confirmation with us, just in case they need it at the Front Desk.... not that we have had to use it.

We do the same, but have never had to use it.

The day we DON'T bring it will be the day we need it... :rolleyes:

We always take a paper copy of the confirmation with us, just in case they need it at the Front Desk.... not that we have had to use it.

Thanks. that's a great idea.

I must say it was done very fast. I faxed on Monday and last night I got an email confirming that the OBC was applied.

Appreciate everyone's input.

If you have a booking confirmation from HAL, look on the first page and see the amount of OBC per each person you re getting. If the amounts are not the same, you likely have the shareholder credit, as you only get one per cabin and it is applied to the primary person on the reservation (in most cases).

I am not certain this will work for you, but it is how I track it.

I do it 2 ways, first I always ask that they email me a confirmation once its applied, then I have my TA pull an updated booking from HAL. That also will show the credit difference from a previous one. Both of those get printed and then stuffed into the folder that has all the other documentation we take on the cruise with us.

In my experience I've always seen the OBC applied against the person that owns the stock. We have our shares of CCL and RCL in my wife IRA-SEP Account. That way when she takes a girls cruise she can use it there. I don't ever expect to take a cruise without her, so its no worries for me.

I do it 2 ways, first I always ask that they email me a confirmation once its applied, then I have my TA pull an updated booking from HAL. That also will show the credit difference from a previous one. Both of those get printed and then stuffed into the folder that has all the other documentation we take on the cruise with us.

In my experience I've always seen the OBC applied against the person that owns the stock. We have our shares of CCL and RCL in my wife IRA-SEP Account. That way when she takes a girls cruise she can use it there. I don't ever expect to take a cruise without her, so its no worries for me.

Good point about it being credited to whoever owns the stock. I keep mine in our Joint stock account, so it gets credited to me (primary person on the account), plus either one of us can thus use it if the other is not on the same cruise.

I keep seeing that you should fax your information. I retired my fax machine 10 years ago and use email attachments instead. Does anyone know if HAL will accept this format?

You can use a site like http://faxzero.com . Works great and you comply with the CCL (and HAL) requirement for fax or ground mail.

I keep seeing that you should fax your information. I retired my fax machine 10 years ago and use email attachments instead. Does anyone know if HAL will accept this format?

I go to my local UPS store which charges $2 to FAX one sheet. I don't do a cover sheet. I just print out a page showing 100 CCL shares from my most recent online statement from my brokerage, Fidelity. I write my name, the ship's name and date and length of cruise, my booking number and "Please email a confirmation to (my email address) Thank you!"

Sometimes the confirmation arrives before I get home. I print it out and take it on the cruise. I check all OBC on the first or second cruise day. Works every time!

I email it to my HAL PCC (personal cruise consultant) who handles it for me.