Cruise Critic Community
Mommawo

The best alcoholic drink on the ship is........... ??????

In reference to using CHEERS and getting a double: you can't get a double BUT, you can order 2 drinks in 5 minutes (or is it 10 min?) - so, if you want a double, order the shot first, wait for those few minutes, then order your drink - pour in the shot and you're good to go. Of course this counts as 2 drinks out of the 15 drink minimum, but I've never come anywhere close to 15 alcoholic drinks in a day.

I have previously ordered a Ting Mojito from the Red Frog/Blue Iguana poolside, and it was delicious. Just sweet enough, just refreshing enough - I don't see it on the current menu, but I could do 4 or 5 on any given day on the deck!

It's not fruity, but I love White Russians. The ones I had on the Ecstasy seemed pretty strong to me. It's the kind of drink I'd get on a cruise ship but probably wouldn't get on land because I'd doubt the freshness of the ingredients in random bar at home.

As far as strength goes, this is why I always walk to the bar and order instead of getting a drink they are bringing around or through a server.

Drink of the day is usually something fruity, too.

I see America drinking the fabulous cocktails I make / Americans getting stinky on something I stir or shake / The sex on the beach / The schnapps made from peach / The velvet hammer / The Alabama slammer. / I make things with juice and froth / The pink squirrel / The three-toed sloth. / I make drinks so sweet and snazzy / The iced tea / The kamakazi / The orgasm / The death spasm / The Singapore sling / The dingaling. / America you've just been devoted to every flavor I got / But if you want to got loaded / Why don't you just order a shot? /

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Way to throw in a great movie quote!! :D :D :D :D :D

I love the Chipotle Pineapple Martini at the Alchemy....yum. My super favorite is the Chocolate Martini.....note. 2 is perfect, 3 are too many!

The Quick Fix at Alchemy... be warned, it has a bit of Absinthe in it and has a background flavor of licorice.

... If you want to be adventurous order a Long Island iced tea but instead of sour mix substitute cranberry and instead of coke substitute sprite. It’s pretty girly but really strong!

Or just get a Tokyo Tea.

I no longer drink but I used to love a cosmo, a lemon drop or a madras. Vodka martinis were the bomb!

I have the Alchemy bartender make a strawberry basil drop... it has strawberry infused vodka, st Germaine’s elderflower, muddled strawberry and basil and I sometimes have them add a chipotle or habenaro infused vodka kick... amazing! But tell the Alchemy bar what you like /don’t like and they will creat you YOUR new favorite drink! (Hint, tipping extra gets you very far with the bartenders creativity).

the best alcoholic drink on the ship is........... ??????

The one that someone else pays for. :d

:'):'):') this :'):'):')

Not fruity at all, but The Deal Closer at the Alchemy bar is pure heaven! I get them for dessert cause they're sweet with a kick. Can't wait to have one in September.

Vodka, fresh orange juice, and milk of magnesia.

A Phillips' screwdriver.

If you are on a ship without an Alchemy bar, but you know the drink name that you want.... will regular bars or the martini bar make them?

My favorite at the Red Frog Pub -

BLENDED CARIBBEAN RUM CREAM COCKTAIL:

Kahlua, Irish Cream, Chocolate Liqueur and Bacardi Rum.