Ez air and ticketing timing

PoohUnderstands

This is my first use of EZAir. So I am 44 days out from my cruise and still showing in United my reservation and seat numbers, but I am still not ticketed. When should I expect that to change and actually be ticketed since the 45 flexible change period, etc. is now over? I guess what I am asking is at what point do I need to contact Princess to see when they are going to pay up!!! Grin.

Pooh

So I called to see how this is handled and was told by representative who called the air department and asked. The process of actually ticketing flexible tickets is not an automated one, i.e., it can take up to 3-7 business days to actually get ticketed after the 45 day mark is up. If I wanted she said she would contact the air department and request that they "push through" (her words not mine) the reservation to get ticketed asap. I said not at this time. As we are still 44 days out, I will wait a few more days(as I already have my seat selections and they do show on United's site), to see if ticketed. Then if not, will call back and ask Princess to "push through" to be ticketed. You just learn something everyday!!

Pooh

How did u know u are not ticketed? Did u call United and ask them?

For me, when I logged into United's website to look at my reservation, it said "this itinerary is not ticketed and is only reserved through tonight" or something like that.

You can lock in your EZair tickets at any time by simply calling Princess. Once you have done that though, they are considered "Restricted tickets" and you are unable to make changes. Essentially it you then have the same restrictions as if you had purchased the tickets directly from the airline.

I am 87 days from cruising and worked with Princess yesterday to "ticket" my reservations with United. Once that was done I was able to go on the United website and upgrade our seats to Economy Plus for the seven and a half hour flight to Paris.

You can lock in your EZair tickets at any time by simply calling Princess. Once you have done that though, they are considered "Restricted tickets" and you are unable to make changes. Essentially it you then have the same restrictions as if you had purchased the tickets directly from the airline.

I am 87 days from cruising and worked with Princess yesterday to "ticket" my reservations with United. Once that was done I was able to go on the United website and upgrade our seats to Economy Plus for the seven and a half hour flight to Paris.

Good to know and thanks for posting.

Is there a reason you didn't book Economy Plus directly through EZAir?

So I called to see how this is handled and was told by representative who called the air department and asked. The process of actually ticketing flexible tickets is not an automated one, i.e., it can take up to 3-7 business days to actually get ticketed after the 45 day mark is up. If I wanted she said she would contact the air department and request that they "push through" (her words not mine) the reservation to get ticketed asap. I said not at this time. As we are still 44 days out, I will wait a few more days(as I already have my seat selections and they do show on United's site), to see if ticketed. Then if not, will call back and ask Princess to "push through" to be ticketed. You just learn something everyday!!

Pooh

Its the financial process of moving money from your paid cruise to Process and then Princess moving the money to the airline. The airline will not confirm tickets until they receive the $$$.

I’m not sure you can do that through EZ Air on United. Some airlines have an actually upgraded class of economy service (like Delta) that can be booked and ticketed. On United you book your economy fare first and then pay the upgraded Economy Plus when you choose your seats. At least, that’s what I’ve always had to do!

Edited by BigGuy25

How did u know u are not ticketed? Did u call United and ask them?

go to their website and go to manage reservations. Put in your information and up will pop your reservation, your seat numbers or where you pick your seat numbers and at the top it says, at the moment, This reservation is not ticketed.

We will hold this reservation until midnight Fri., Jun. 15, 2018 in Denver, CO, US (DEN). The date keeps changing each day so don't worry about that!

Pooh

go to their website and go to manage reservations. Put in your information and up will pop your reservation, your seat numbers or where you pick your seat numbers and at the top it says, at the moment, This reservation is not ticketed.

We will hold this reservation until midnight Fri., Jun. 15, 2018 in Denver, CO, US (DEN). The date keeps changing each day so don't worry about that!

Pooh

Interesting, thanks for yours and Coral's response.

Since I have used EZair several times this year and last and have one booked coming up in Sept. I was curious.

But of those I have booked, only one had a segment with United and I think it showed ticketed right away as it was working with other flights.

So you are saying you have not called the airline? Just looked at their web site? When I book with EZ-Air and can see my "reservation" on an airline site...I usually call them first and let them direct me back to Princess if they cannot help me with my query.

In other words, I never use Princess as my first stop. But the info you recv'd from EZ-air is informative about the process. Also what is shown on United site, thanks again.

Hate the waiting game, hopefully your flight will be ticketed soon.

Edited by land lover

As was stated by someone else, I don't think you can book United Economy Plus directly through EZAir. I did look at some alternate routings on other airlines that were significantly higher than what we booked. Besides if you could book "Economy Comfort" or what ever it is called, you would have to pay that up-charge for every segment.

Our flights are Huntsville to Paris and returning New York to Huntsville, $361 pp Economy. Going direct to the airline websites the costs were excess of $2,000 at the time. We change planes in Dulles going over and Charlotte on the return and the only segment that was long enough to worry about was the Washington-Paris, the other three legs are all less than 2 hours. Yesterday the upgrades to Economy Plus cost me $179 pp, this morning they were only $155 but as I write this the cost has gone back up to $179. Upgrading the rest of the flights would have been an additional $140 each.

I’m not sure you can do that through EZ Air on United. Some airlines have an actually upgraded class of economy service (like Delta) that can be booked and ticketed. On United you book your economy fare first and then pay the upgraded Economy Plus when you choose your seats. At least, that’s what I’ve always had to do!

Interesting. Yes, we are flying Delta. Chose Premium Economy class when looking at flights on EZ Air. And I don't think United ever came up as an option for us.

As was stated by someone else, I don't think you can book United Economy Plus directly through EZAir. I did look at some alternate routings on other airlines that were significantly higher than what we booked. Besides if you could book "Economy Comfort" or what ever it is called, you would have to pay that up-charge for every segment.

Our flights are Huntsville to Paris and returning New York to Huntsville, $361 pp Economy. Going direct to the airline websites the costs were excess of $2,000 at the time. We change planes in Dulles going over and Charlotte on the return and the only segment that was long enough to worry about was the Washington-Paris, the other three legs are all less than 2 hours. Yesterday the upgrades to Economy Plus cost me $179 pp, this morning they were only $155 but as I write this the cost has gone back up to $179. Upgrading the rest of the flights would have been an additional $140 each.

You make a good point about the length of the segments and will have to keep that in mind for future travel.

All of our segments are 2+ hrs. Plus we got very lucky and hit a Delta sale that got us roundtrip premium economy from upstate NY to Sydney Australia for $1,600 pp. The main cabin is a bit more than that now and PE is $2,800! :eek:

Another thing to remember about EZair and flight selections. If you are wanting to do some pre- or post-cruise traveling you can fly weeks before or after, and you don't have to use the default airports. Current example: from my home airport the oneway economy fare to Heathrow on 12 Sep is $283, but if you wanted to see some of Scotland beforehand you can book direct to Glasgow for $298.

There were 26 additional arrival airport options. We doing the TA from Southampton in Sep but flying into Paris about a week early to visit Normandy, etc., and separately booked a direct flight from Paris to Southampton for less than $100 each to catch the ship.

Another thing to remember about EZair and flight selections. If you are wanting to do some pre- or post-cruise traveling you can fly weeks before or after, and you don't have to use the default airports. Current example: from my home airport the oneway economy fare to Heathrow on 12 Sep is $283, but if you wanted to see some of Scotland beforehand you can book direct to Glasgow for $298.

There were 26 additional arrival airport options. We doing the TA from Southampton in Sep but flying into Paris about a week early to visit Normandy, etc., and separately booked a direct flight from Paris to Southampton for less than $100 each to catch the ship.

Great info; thanks for sharing

we will be doing something similar next year, and hope to be able to use Ez Air to fly into Prague for a week pre-cruise.

I just wanted to include my endorsement of EZ Air... doing the Golden Princess transpacific in Sep/Oct and just booked my return flight from Sydney to LAX... nonstop on Delta for only 463pp! :D

At THAT price... I don't care when they ticket me! ;)

I just wanted to include my endorsement of EZ Air... doing the Golden Princess transpacific in Sep/Oct and just booked my return flight from Sydney to LAX... nonstop on Delta for only 463pp! :D

At THAT price... I don't care when they ticket me! ;)

Great price; and your response was funny

I booked a flight using EZ air for next Feb. So if I pay for my cruise and airfare in Oct; will Princess pay the airline or do they wait until the last minute to pay the airline? Thanks. I already have my seats on Delta for outbound and return flights