Cruise Critic Community
TheTides

3 day Dining package - Can we upgrade once onboard?

Hey!

We are looking at choosing the 3 day dining package as one of our perks. We usually do the full length dining package for our sailing, so we were wondering is there a way once we get the 3 day as a perk, to upgrade to a higher amount of evenings for a discounted price?

Thanks

Prices on-board are more than prices online.....

CLICK HERE

"Save by purchasing in advance. Above prices reflect a Special Online Pre-Purchase Price of $10 USD off the original price."

Also, it's "meals" not "days". If you use 2 in one day, that counts as 2 of 3 uses.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Thanks! Do you know if there is a way to upgrade our dining package to more meals before we embark?

Yes you can do it online at the NCL website under your reservation or call customer service. Online is easy-peasy. Basically you just purchase additional meals per person. If you have 3 and want 7... then buy 4.

To clarify. You can’t upgrade from a 3 meal to a 7 meal (for example), by paying the difference in price between those two packages. You have to buy a separate 4 meal package. It costs a lot more than it would if you could upgrade between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likewise, we have chosen the 3 meal package for pax 1 and 2. We have 2 kids travelling with us (age 9 and 13) , should we prepurchase (I guess I meant for my 13 yr old son) or should we do on board?txs

Likewise, we have chosen the 3 meal package for pax 1 and 2. We have 2 kids travelling with us (age 9 and 13) , should we prepurchase (I guess I meant for my 13 yr old son) or should we do on board?txs

If you want to save the $10, it is best to pre-purchase the meal package before on board.

It cost $10 extra on board, NCL changed it.

For example, the $69 3-meals package it would cost $79 on board.

The 20% gratuity is not included, so you would have to pay that as well.

Thanks! Do you know if there is a way to upgrade our dining package to more meals before we embark?

You can not upgrade. You can buy another 4 night package.

(The distinction being that a 4-night package costs more per meal than a 7-night package. The difference is small. )

You can not upgrade. You can buy another 4 night package.

(The distinction being that a 4-night package costs more per meal than a 7-night package. The difference is small. )

Rather than just saying stuff like “the difference is small”, it’s probably more helpful to actually state what that “small” difference is.

Based on the costs that I found when I searched for dining package costs (they may possibly not be the most recent ones, but the conclusion will work anyway), this is what we get.

3 meals - $69 ($23 per meal)

7 meals - $129 ($18.42 per meal).

I’m sure many wouldn’t class that 25% difference as small.

Now, let’s look at how much upgrading from a 3 meal package could cost if you could just pay the difference compared to having to buy a 4 meal package.

If you could upgrade - $60 ($15 per meal)

Buying a 4 meal package - $84 ($21 per meal).

I’m not going to comment on whether that extra $24 (40%) is small or not. But I certainly wouldn’t be happy to just tell everyone that is it a “small” difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by KeithJenner