"Drop and Go" vs. "Standby Deals"

jimdee3636

I've sailed on Princess a couple of times and am thus on their e-mail list. I regularly get offers labeled "Drop and Go" and then a few days later similar (although not identical) offers labeled "Standby Deals." Is there a meaningful difference between them, i.e. does one of them usually have better prices or other advantages than the other?

• 2 weeks later...

Log into your Princess cruise line account. At the top menu bar you should see an icon to "Sign Up for Special Offers"

Also select the "My Account" tab add then the "Captain's Circle" drop down menu. Select "Standby Program" and you will be able to choose your notice period i.e. less than 1 week, 1-2 weeks, or 3-5 weeks.

Log into your Princess cruise line account. At the top menu bar you should see an icon to "Sign Up for Special Offers"

Also select the "My Account" tab add then the "Captain's Circle" drop down menu. Select "Standby Program" and you will be able to choose your notice period i.e. less than 1 week, 1-2 weeks, or 3-5 weeks.

Thanks for reminding me about this. I just checked and apparently I signed up for the 3-5 weeks option. However, I don't ever remember receiving an email offer. Also, I wonder why they don't allow you to select 2 or all 3 time options? I changed it to 1-2 weeks out of curiosity to see if that makes any difference. With retirement on the not so distant horizon we might be more "available". ;):cool:

Thanks for reminding me about this. I just checked and apparently I signed up for the 3-5 weeks option. However, I don't ever remember receiving an email offer. Also, I wonder why they don't allow you to select 2 or all 3 time options? I changed it to 1-2 weeks out of curiosity to see if that makes any difference. With retirement on the not so distant horizon we might be more "available". ;):cool:

I agree it would be nice. If you have a traveling companion you can set up different time options on the others account.

You'll enjoy retirement, its GREAT. :D

That's great...but the downside is that the closer you get to your travel date, the higher the airline prices go (in general). Great if you live within driving distance of a port.