New Zealand sweet treats

They stopped making snifters a few years ago - movies have never been the same! I highly rate whittakers chocolate and if he is a fan of white chocolate I would suggest he try the L&P flavour. L&P is a local soft drink which stands for lemon and Paeroa (the town it was made in).

Pineapple lumps are sooo good. Buzz bars are also a favorite (and they do have a caramel layer) but they need to be frozen to be fully appreciated.

We always pick up a supply of Perky Nanas. Our grown up Daughter and husband always request a few too. They were on special last Oct. at Countdown, so we stocked up. Unfortunately they didn’t last long.They are available in Australia, but very expensive.

Pineapple lumps are available in Australia at Coles, Woolies etc.

We always pick up a supply of Perky Nanas. Our grown up Daughter and husband always request a few too. They were on special last Oct. at Countdown, so we stocked up. Unfortunately they didn’t last long.They are available in Australia, but very expensive.

Pineapple lumps are available in Australia at Coles, Woolies etc.

Perky Nanas are on special at our pak n save - 2 for $1 - only know this because I bought a few as bribery for my team... they may be adults but they will still do anything for chocolate!

Whittaker’s have a new range of Artisan chocolate that is now widely available...

The four new Artisan Collection flavours are:

• West Coast Buttermilk Caramelised White Chocolate: White chocolate caramelised to deep deliciousness, with buttermilk produced in West Coast pastures.

• Hawke’s Bay Black Doris Plum and Roasted Almonds in Dark Chocolate: 50% Dark Chocolate matched with Black Doris plums from the Hawke’s Bay and flecks of roasted almonds.

• Wellington Roasted Supreme Coffee in Dark Chocolate: 50% Dark Chocolate with the flavour of Coffee Supreme’s Ethiopian Sidamo coffee.

• Fijian Ginger and Kerikeri Mandarin in Dark Chocolate: 62% dark chocolate infused with mandarin from the famed citrus growers of Kerikeri, paired with ginger hand cultivated in the islands of Fiji.

Whittaker’s have a new range of Artisan chocolate that is now widely available...

• West Coast Buttermilk Caramelised White Chocolate: White chocolate caramelised to deep deliciousness, with buttermilk produced in West Coast pastures.

• Hawke’s Bay Black Doris Plum and Roasted Almonds in Dark Chocolate: 50% Dark Chocolate matched with Black Doris plums from the Hawke’s Bay and flecks of roasted almonds.

• Wellington Roasted Supreme Coffee in Dark Chocolate: 50% Dark Chocolate with the flavour of Coffee Supreme’s Ethiopian Sidamo coffee.

• Fijian Ginger and Kerikeri Mandarin in Dark Chocolate: 62% dark chocolate infused with mandarin from the famed citrus growers of Kerikeri, paired with ginger hand cultivated in the islands of Fiji.

The Plum/Almond and Ginger/Mandarin ones sound really interesting. I'll have to look out for those when I'm over next March.

I've never yet found a coffee chocolate that I like. For some reason they always taste artificial to me. Mind you, I'm very fussy about coffee so it could just be my tastebuds. I might give the Whittakers one a try.

But the one I won't be trying is the white chocolate one, I'll leave that for DH. White chocolate is far too sweet for me.

The ultimate Kiwi treat has to be a Whittakers Peanut slab. followed by pineapple lumps. What were once kiwi icons like moro bars, jaffas, are now made in Australia and don't taste the same

The ultimate Kiwi treat has to be a Whittakers Peanut slab. followed by pineapple lumps. What were once kiwi icons like moro bars, jaffas, are now made in Australia and don't taste the same

Mmmmm, I used to love those peanut slabs. I'm not so fond of peanuts these days though. Funny how tastes change over time.

Mmmmm, I used to love those peanut slabs. I'm not so fond of peanuts these days though. Funny how tastes change over time.

I much prefer the coconut or the almond milk choc slab to the peanut one now. Fortunately our local supermarkets stock them.

Leigh

It's not so easy to buy Moro bars anymore. You get them in the boxes of Favourites but I haven't seen them on our supermarket shelves for ages. I was even tempted to buy a British made Moro, never again though!

Leigh

So are the whittakers brand widely available in new zealand, or is it like Haighs and only in their specialty stores?

ta

Whittaker chocolate is readily available throughout the country. It is often on special at one of the major supermarket chains alternating almost on a weekly basis. Normal retail of a 250 gM block is around $4.50 and the smaller Artisan block around $3.00.