Magic problems

Samantha Stevens had some "magic problems" once, but a visit with Dr. Bombay and a couple eyes of newt later, all was well. Of course, Darrin, aka. "Big Ears," wasn't so thrilled about her recovery, but that's another story for another time. :-)

Carnival has a terrible history of compensation when things go wrong. Their idea of compensation is laughable and quite insulting really.
I remember when our Paradise cruise left the dock, headed out the channel and into the ocean. Then it turned around and returned to the dock. An Azipod was leaking and the cruise got canceled.

Carnival ended up refunding our cruise, gave us a FREE cruise and reimbursed us for everything that we had receipts for (hotel stay, airfare, taxi fare, meals...all prior to boarding the ship). We didn't lose a penny!

So maybe they've been a little stengy with the Magic passengers, but they took pretty good care of us.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Proudpatriot, where did you see they credited your account for the upcoming cruise for the canceled port? I check my billing for my cruise and did not see anything. Not worried because I know it will be there when I get on board but was just wondering.

I logged in, viewed my cruise details and documents. On the Invoice, there's a section called Itemized Charges, and just under that there's a box that says Onboard Credit. We had onboard credit already from booking ($200), but that section says we have $346. All I can figure out is that we have $50 each for the St. Thomas credit and $23 each for port fees for missing it.

It only shows when I view the cruise documents- I saw it when printing our boarding passes and our updated itenerary. Yeah, I'm that nerd that prints everything :).

I’m on the Magic now and news is we will arrive at about 6:30am.

We are definitely not going very fast (no way we’re even close to 15 knots).

Definitely something wrong with the ship and have no idea when they’ll fix it. Heard from many passengers that they’re A/C is not working and not enough fans to go around. We have A/C and it’s comfortable but not crazy cold.

Hot tubs seemed to work on and off as I’m sure they were conserving energy.

General consensus is $50 OBC not enough to compensate for the premier port stop being cancelled but not much you can do.

Will do brief cruise review next week.

Honestly, I'm down with the $50 OBC if it's just missing St. Thomas (granted, it's not *just* that- they did switch up the other port days too), but the rest of the issues you described sound pretty bad.

An extra sea day is one thing, but hot tubs not working and ACs going out doesn't make for a fun vacation.

I’m on the Magic now and news is we will arrive at about 6:30am.

We are definitely not going very fast (no way we’re even close to 15 knots).

Definitely something wrong with the ship and have no idea when they’ll fix it. Heard from many passengers that they’re A/C is not working and not enough fans to go around. We have A/C and it’s comfortable but not crazy cold.

Hot tubs seemed to work on and off as I’m sure they were conserving energy.

General consensus is $50 OBC not enough to compensate for the premier port stop being cancelled but not much you can do.

Will do brief cruise review next week.

Carnival owes nothing! It is in your cruise contract that ports ccan be cancelled or changed. Be happy with what you get!

Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival owes nothing! It is in your cruise contract that ports ccan be cancelled or changed. Be happy with what you get!

Pat

Carnival has a terrible history of compensation when things go wrong. Their idea of compensation is laughable and quite insulting really.
I'm not here to bash Carnival, as I suspect some might think I am. We've had a great time on our cruises and will continue to sail Carnival in the future...unless they do something so wrong in our eyes to get us to look elsewhere. If I don't think something is quite right, I'll say it. That goes for any company I do business with. I'm just being real, I'm not here to kiss their butt or be their cheerleader. But you'll notice a lot of people who say they're on a cruise so they don't care what the cruise line does. That kind of attitude can be bad for consumers because it can cause a company, any company, to take a poor approach to customer service. If enough people think a company can do no wrong, the company has no reason to try to make it right when they do wrong.

What do you think would be reasonable to give back for missing one port? They do not have to give us anything other than port fees.

Things do break and as long as maintenance is done as required this would not be a huge problem for me. There is no guarantee that the cruise you booked is the one you get.

I don't think it's about what they have to give us. It's about what they do give us when they drastically alter someone's vacation they've been planning for a long time. Giving people money that can only be spent on board isn't compensation' date=' it's pacification. Shoot, give people a $50 refund (not in the form of OBC) and let them choose whether or not they want to funnel it back into the cruise.

Pat

Again, from a consumer standpoint, this is a terrible attitude to have and leads to being taken advantage of by businesses who know they can get away with it.

Pat

Port changes are in the contract....I agree with that. A/Cs not working or hot tubs running only some of the time....they will owe a lot. It will be interesting to see what unfolds in the next couple of weeks.

Port changes are in the contract....I agree with that. A/Cs not working or hot tubs running only some of the time....they will owe a lot. It will be interesting to see what unfolds in the next couple of weeks.

Yikes.

Getting worried about 6/30 sailing.

A/C issues?

I was not concerned until I started reading about problems with the air. That is not my idea of fun. Would love updates about that.

Me too! I can handle itinerary changes. I can go with the flow and still enjoy myself but I will not sleep in a hot room at night in August. They better get their act together if this is the case.

I wonder how many people complaining about the $50 OBC expect a hotel to give them something when the pool is closed or when a treadmill in the gym is not working.

Not the same.....with problems seemingly mounting.... if you continue to operate a damaged ship I wonder how much and for how long the other overworked parts of the engine can keep going. I somehow get flashes of a Carnival ship drifting powerless in the ocean....where have I seen that before?

Not the same.....with problems seemingly mounting.... if you continue to operate a damaged ship I wonder how much and for how long the other overworked parts of the engine can keep going. I somehow get flashes of a Carnival ship drifting powerless in the ocean....where have I seen that before?

It is the same. There is no evidence that they are over-working other parts of the engine. People just like to complain and ask for things they aren't entitled to.

I agree! So many of us have had port changes due to weather, mechanical issues, medical emergencies- A ship operates 24/7- things will happen. But to have to deal with no AC or hot tubs not working, this is a different story.

Pat

Here's the latest from John Heald when someone asked about the Magic status and A/C not working:

"Good morning _____, all is working as normal and it is only the speed of the ship that is for this cruise meaning a change of itinerary. I will have news soon as to any future changes but everyone is on board and having a brilliant time as I hope you will be soon. cheers."

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Forums mobile app

Here's the latest from John Heald when someone asked about the Magic status and A/C not working:

"Good morning _____, all is working as normal and it is only the speed of the ship that is for this cruise meaning a change of itinerary. I will have news soon as to any future changes but everyone is on board and having a brilliant time as I hope you will be soon. cheers."

That bolded part is scaring me just a bit.

We are on the June 30th sailing, no word yet if they are dropping a port.

I just got off the phone with a Carnival rep who said there is an email about to go out regarding the 6/30 sailing and a port is being dropped. She didn't say which one.

She said no word has been received regarding future sailings beyond 6/30 and that they have not heard any rumors about dry dock being needed. I'm hoping they can fix the problem while underway and are just waiting on parts to come in.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Forums mobile app

If A/C is not working find it a bit hard to believe the guests are having a BRILLIANT TIME.

If A/C is not working find it a bit hard to believe the guests are having a BRILLIANT TIME.

A/C issues might have nothing to do with the propulsion, though. Just one person keeping their balcony door open can throw a whole bunch of cabins out of whack.

I'm really anxious to hear which port is being dropped for the western sailing on 6/30.

A/C issues might have nothing to do with the propulsion, though. Just one person keeping their balcony door open can throw a whole bunch of cabins out of whack.

I'm really anxious to hear which port is being dropped for the western sailing on 6/30.

I will let you know