Edinburgh Tattoo Questions

cbb

We will have the opportunity to go to the Tattoo while cruising. We will buy the tickets before we leave on the cruise which is actually several cruises tacked together.

Does anyone know how the tickets can get to us if we order from the US but won't be at home when the tickets are supposed to arrive since we will be on board?

Will they hold them for us at an office? Anyone done this?

from their website

Tickets despatch will commence on 1 May 2018 in process date order. Given the volume of orders processed, please allow up to 28 days from this time for receipt of tickets.

Where payment is made by Credit/Debit card (except Counter bookings) tickets will be despatched only to the billing address of the named cardholder or held for collection, by the named cardholder only (on presentation of the signed card used to make the transaction) anytime during office hours after 1 May 2018 at the Tattoo Ticket Sales Office, 1 Cockburn Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1QB.

https://www.edintattoo.co.uk/tickets

Paul--

i read exactly the same thing and was concerned that we would be buying the tickets in May but would be on board in June-Aug....would they, could they, hold the tickets that long (from May to August) for us?

hoping someone who had done this to say "yes, no problem, they can hold them that long."

Paul--

i read exactly the same thing and was concerned that we would be buying the tickets in May but would be on board in June-Aug....would they, could they, hold the tickets that long (from May to August) for us?

hoping someone who had done this to say "yes, no problem, they can hold them that long."

Is this for next year?

I was thinking you were talking this summer

Maybe email them & ask

Lynne--

yeah, next year. I've sent a note to my TA to ask the same question.

Obviously we have time to decide but i'm one of those people that doesn't put off until tomorrow what i could have handled yesterday kind of people!

I was hoping someone had done it.

Perhaps i should ask O to make it an Overland excursion!!! I bet they'd get a lot of takers!

LOL

I bet they would get some takers

I cannot see why the Tattoo office would not hold the tickets you will pay for them in advance anyway

You have time to sort out the details

Lyn

My TA just said the same thing..'if you've paid for them as electronic tickets, they should hold the for you'.

i do have time before i have to think about this...OTOH, i've already looked at hotels in the area, as well as train schedules, and i think it is totally doable!

I was curious as to what the Edinburgh Tattoo could be so I just googled. It agree! If we were in the vicinity this would be a tour that would interest us.

Now, for an ignorant question ... I'm new to using my iPhone as anything but a way to place a telephone call. But on our May cruise I discovered how to download coupons and reservation information to my smart phone. Does Tattoo make that possible? That would certainly solve any problems if so!

Mura

cbb,

Whatever you do, don’t miss it - rain or shine.

It’s a once in a life time experience (unless you go back again :D - I would). We did it as an excursion with Princess a few years ago - AMAZING!

Enjoy!

skyrose--i read that some people do that--become a friend to gain about 2 weeks before they are put on sale to the general public. Thanks for that suggestion.

I have sent a note to a guy who might be able to see about it becoming an O overnight so.....we'll see.

Paulchili--you're right, I absolutely have to see this! Something about celtic music speaks to me.

We will have the opportunity to go to the Tattoo while cruising. We will buy the tickets before we leave on the cruise which is actually several cruises tacked together.

Does anyone know how the tickets can get to us if we order from the US but won't be at home when the tickets are supposed to arrive since we will be on board?

Will they hold them for us at an office? Anyone done this? YES

We booked the Tattoo on our own last year. Paid for the tickets in March and picked them up at their office in August on the day of the performance. No problem at all especially with our ship in port until 1 AM. Enjoy!!!

Tickets can be collected anytime during office hours after 3 April 2017 at the Tattoo Ticket Sales Office, 1 Cockburn Street, Edinburgh.

Tickets can be collected, by the named cardholder only, on presentation of the signed card used to make the transaction.

Office hours are Monday to Friday from 10.00am to 4.30pm

On performance days the office is open from 10.00am until the start of the performance.

We do advise, however, that tickets are collected no later than 30 minutes prior to the package/performance start time to allow sufficient time to walk to the Castle Esplanade (some ten minutes’ walk away) and be seated 15 minutes prior to the performance start time.

I saw the Tattoo in Aug, 2016....definitely something NOT to miss!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We wanted a seat in the Royal Gallery, so I became a Friend of the Tattoo:

Friend of the Tattoo membership costs just £25 per year for a single member and £45 for joint members (two members living at the same address).

The benefits of Membership include:

• The opportunity to purchase tickets during a priority booking period (16-19 November 2017) - eight tickets for single membership and 16 for joint membership
  • The opportunity to attend exclusive Friends' Backstage Tours
  • 10% discount on Tattoo merchandise
  • 'Salute' - the magazine for Friends of the Tattoo mailed direct twice a year

To join today simply click on the button below. If you have any further enquiries please email friends@edintattoo.co.uk or telephone the Tattoo Office on +44 (0) 131 225 1188 (Monday to Wednesday and Friday from 10.00am to 4.30pm and Thursday from 11.00am to 4.30pm GMT).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to purchase the tickets on the day they opened early....non-Friends had to wait about 2 more weeks. But even if you don't join, do not wait past the time when they open it to the public (about the first of December) if you'd like a seat in a certain section. Definitely wouldn't recommend waiting until May! It would be different if you could choose any day to attend, but I would imagine that you only have 1-3 days to pick from. This is a very popular world-renowned event.

I had our tickets held at the Box Office. It is NOT at the castle....it's about 4 blocks away from the castle. We picked up our tickets about an hour before the show. Here is the info:

The Tattoo Box Office is located at 1 Cockburn Street, Edinburgh - just behind Waverley Railway Station and a ten minute walk from the Castle Esplanade (the Tattoo venue)

On performance days the office is open from 10.00am until the start of the performance. Outwith the Tattoo period, office hours are Monday to Wednesday and Friday 10.00am to 4.30pm and Thursday 11.00am to 4.30pm.

good job GoBucks!

I don't know where on a website i read something about May purchases so it is good to know i can purchase them this year and they'll be held until we get there in August.

I can't wait to do this....it should be wonderful!!!

thanks everybody.....and I'm sure I'm not the only one who received valuable info--I'm betting there are other people out there who are saying...."we should do this"

Several years ago we were in Europe for something else. We added a short CIE land tour of Scotland that featured the Tatoo. It was inexpensive, informative and interesting. The highlight was the tatoo on the last night. CIE provided the tickets, transportion and lots of great information. I would do it again.

I can't wait to do this....it should be wonderful!!!

It WAS wonderful!

We chose that particular British Isles cruise in order to have 2 days in Edinburgh and the Tattoo. Luckily it was a warm, dry evening with a big full moon....got to check that one off the bucket list! :hearteyes:

Greetings from South Beach, Everyone. We attended the Tattoo twice. We were on a different line that had an excursion to the Castle, with top tickets to the Tattoo. It was wonderful. Our Captain was the guest of the Duke of Argyle, in attendance that night, and drove across the field in a Rolls Royce.The Duke was seated behind us and the Captain was in the same row at the start. I don't know how long he stayed. The show is fabulous. Don't miss it.

Mary

Edinburgh tattoo tickets get sold out very quickly so if I were you I’d buy my tickets as soon as they go on sale as you’ll be restricted on date and show times. This also enables you to get the seats you want. It’s an amazing experience that you’ve just got to see.

All this talk about the Tattoo. Please bear in mind that the Edinburgh Fringe Festival is on throughout August which is FANTASTIC. Jean and I go every couple of years. Every day there are over 1,000 Shows in the City from Comedy to Dance to Music and so on. Even Ghost tours at night. Go on to their website. Have a look.