Outside Cruise companies for excursions

Animalgal

Hi everyone, we're going on the western Caribbean cruise next month and were considering using an outside cruise company for the excursions. We've heard they're cheaper and can even be better than what's offered through the cruiseline. Does anyone recommend any companies or know what to stay away from? Our stops are Cozumel, Costa Maya, Harvest Caye Belize and Roatan. Thank you!

Hi everyone, we're going on the western Caribbean cruise next month and were considering using an outside cruise company for the excursions. We've heard they're cheaper and can even be better than what's offered through the cruiseline. Does anyone recommend any companies or know what to stay away from? Our stops are Cozumel, Costa Maya, Harvest Caye Belize and Roatan. Thank you!

While you are waiting for responses here, check out the Port of Call forums for each of those places . You'll find tons of helpful info. Here is the link for you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

There's those who book directly with the tour provider and those who use a middle man and book with them. I like the middle man because it's less research, I only have to put down a small deposit, and the website gives guarantees like money back if you miss your port or guarantees to get back to the ship. Definitely saves a bit of money and on the ones I've done much smaller groups.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Probably the only down side, and although it is very rare, the ship will not wait for you if a non NCL tour is late returning for some reason.

If you want a very relaxing day in Costa Maya, look at Maya Chan. You can find many pictures and reviews on Trip Advisor.

We loved Channin Bodden Tours in Roatan!

In 2016 hubby and I did ship shore excursion, wait in line, on to a bus, 2 buses on the beach, wait in line, 27 people snorkeling, after several group of 15 went first, visibility was awful, 45 minutes in the water)

In 2017 We were a group of 4, met at the pier at the time we chose, walked to an air conditioned van, driven to the boat, Channin met us, made sure we had equipment that fit, snorkeled 2 different sites for about an hour (left when we had enough), lunch on the beach, back to the boat we had a choice of a 3rd site or to go back, private van back to the pier.

Channin was CHEAPER than the ship shore excursion. I always check tripadvisor for tour advice now!