***HAL's website - what a mess!

Hal&Rob

An armed representative from the Mariners Society will soon appear at your door demanding confiscation of all award medallions you have previously and obviously fraudulently received. I hope you have not already melted them down for their precious metal value.

:eek:

2rcvlog.png

Well, well . . .

An armed representative from the Mariners Society will soon appear at your door demanding confiscation of all award medallions you have previously and obviously fraudulently received. I hope you have not already melted them down for their precious metal value.

:eek:

[emoji23][emoji23]Oh no! Do you think they’ll also confiscate the tray I made with my Delft tiles??? [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone else not able to see their upcoming cruise??

I just tried and my request for my bookings "could not be processed". I also have lost all of my past sailings. It appears as though I have never sailed and do not have three cruises booked!

Can't get the old website to load this week. That used to be keep me sane while doing my bookings.

I just received an auto reply from the Mariner’s Society based on my e-mail. They say that I will be receiving a personal response from a representative once they research my comment/concern. Now we’ll see if I actually do get a response.
I got the auto reply too, but I'm not expecting anything more anytime soon. In a way I'm glad we don't have anything booked right now.

[emoji23][emoji23]Oh no! Do you think they’ll also confiscate the tray I made with my Delft tiles??? [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Confirms you are a real trouble maker, feigning an association with this cruise line you clearly did not earn. So yes, the purloined tiles too. You probably just collected them off eBay, since you never cruised a single day in your life on Holland America ships.

;p

I just tried and my request for my bookings "could not be processed". I also have lost all of my past sailings. It appears as though I have never sailed and do not have three cruises booked!

Can't get the old website to load this week. That used to be keep me sane while doing my bookings.

And the money you already paid for these alleged three HAL cruises magically re-appeared back in your bank accounts, right?

:confused:

At the moment, the new site appears to have disappeared (404 Not Found message), while the old one seems to be back online and working, as far as I can tell. This is the link HAL gave someone on another thread some weeks ago, and it often works. Good luck!

https://www.hollandamerica.com/?ASCookie=RSOrigin

Does not load on my browser.

Old website links but refuse to load - just an endlessly spinning blue ball of death. Bring me my Bonine.

Try this, weird, but it has worked for me the past couple of days on the old site. Either the home page or the Plan links do not load. If the top banner loads, ignore the spinning wheel and go directly to log in. If the top banner does not load, which happens more frequently, often the search link will appear on the top right of the blank page. Go to search, which seems to bring up the top banner. I have accessed my Mariner status and my bookings with this method in the last 16 minutes.

Does not load on my browser.

I think you may have to delete any HAL cookies for the link to work right. I use Firefox 61.0. I had get rid of the links for the new site to get this one to work. Sorry it's not working right out of the box.

Try this, weird, but it has worked for me the past couple of days on the old site. Either the home page or the Plan links do not load. If the top banner loads, ignore the spinning wheel and go directly to log in. If the top banner does not load, which happens more frequently, often the search link will appear on the top right of the blank page. Go to search, which seems to bring up the top banner. I have accessed my Mariner status and my bookings with this method in the last 16 minutes.

No "log in" appeared when I tried this again, but the "feedback" sidebar link was provided. After registering my feedback comments, I got this very nice auto-reply. Sunshine, rainbows and puppies showered out of my computer with this happy note, after registering my concern that HAL website lost business will be made up with higher cruise prices for the rest of us:

Thank you for your feedback!

Your input will help us improve the Holland America Line experience.

At the moment, the new site appears to have disappeared (404 Not Found message), while the old one seems to be back online and working, as far as I can tell. This is the link HAL gave someone on another thread some weeks ago, and it often works. Good luck!

https://www.hollandamerica.com/?ASCookie=RSOrigin

After first deleting cookies and cache for HAL, I tried the link and it worked perfectly. All of my information, including past and future bookings are there.(y)

No "log in" appeared when I tried this again, but the "feedback" sidebar link was provided. After registering my feedback comments, I got this very nice auto-reply. Sunshine, rainbows and puppies showered out of my computer with this happy note, after registering my concern that HAL website lost business will be made up with higher cruise prices for the rest of us:

Thank you for your feedback!

Your input will help us improve the Holland America Line experience.

I really don't understand why HAL is having such problems getting their new site up. I makes you wonder about the ability and quality of the rest of their operation. Typically, if a new web site fails (either for poor design and/or programming), it's taken down until it's fixed. HAL seems to be very determined to shove it out, taking on water and on fire, too, no matter how poorly it works, or how inaccurate it is (we're going on an Iceland trip next year, and the itinerary is short one port, despite an email from HAL several weeks ago that it was indeed still on the itinerary). Maybe I'm missing it, but there's something very wrong in their IT unit.

Confirms you are a real trouble maker, feigning an association with this cruise line you clearly did not earn. So yes, the purloined tiles too. You probably just collected them off eBay, since you never cruised a single day in your life on Holland America ships.

;p

You’re right! All those cruises must have been in my dreams! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After first deleting cookies and cache for HAL, I tried the link and it worked perfectly. All of my information, including past and future bookings are there.(y)

I should have mentioned that that's what I experienced, too. However, the Cruise Search works only partially: it spun its wheel when I tried to get all cruises for Jan-May 2019, but worked perfectly when I picked one month and one ship.

No such luck here. I've deleted cookies and history, tried different browsers, and it still can't find my booking (or our booking for our second cabin either). A bit nervous that there is something going wrong with our booking (leaving on 7/29 on the Noordam).

You’re right! All those cruises must have been in my dreams! [emoji23][emoji23]

Heh, they're just behind HAL's smoke and mirrors. Use the link I posted below, and I think you'll find all is well. Good luck!

Not a fun website, not that the old one was. The pre-populated login information did not work for me. I had to click on name and password to login.

There is no sensible way to copy and paste an itinerary.

There is a "More Dates" button even on a unique itinerary with no other dates.

It was a ridiculous fiddle to change from inside cabin to outside cabin to ocean view and to find the out of sight select button. Comparing all category prices would be a real nuisance.

There is no sensible way to copy and paste the summary of cabin choice and price.

Don't know why, after selecting a stateroom, the stateroom I selected is labeled, "Recommended for you." It was a challenge to get away from the guaranteed interior cabin that was recommended for me.

There was no place to enter a mariner number for a second guest.

It is a shame that the cancellation policy dates are not customized to the chosen sailing. Is this "any segment of a 30+ day Europe Transatlantic sailing"? Do I get my choice? My cruise goes through the Caribbean, why doesn't the 75 day cancellation period apply instead of the 120 day?

Copying almost anything for documentation is a pain. I don't want to take screen shots of everything.

Wonder what I missed by not scrolling down and sideways on each page.

No such luck here. I've deleted cookies and history, tried different browsers, and it still can't find my booking (or our booking for our second cabin either). A bit nervous that there is something going wrong with our booking (leaving on 7/29 on the Noordam).

One thing I've discovered is that with the link I posted, sometimes the page starts to load, then hangs after the basic page structure appears. Reloading the page (on PCs, either the browser's reload button, or F5) often allows the whole page to load.