Best beach out of these five ports

lyrehc0521

Barbados, Carlisle Bay, Boatyard.

I'm going to look into this but from what I've read so far, swimming with the turtles is something we need to do in Barbados. Do you agree? We did Stingray Alley in Grand Cayman and loved it. I assume it's along the same lines, but turtles?

I'm going to look into this but from what I've read so far, swimming with the turtles is something we need to do in Barbados. Do you agree? We did Stingray Alley in Grand Cayman and loved it. I assume it's along the same lines, but turtles?

Years ago we swam with the turtles in Barbados - it was good but I don't know IMO that it is a "must do". Maybe others will offer some input as well.

But we don't do any ship sponsored excursions preferring to do things on our own, so keep that in mind with my response.

My favorite hands down is Antigua. It's been a while since we've been there, so I don't remember the name of the beach we went to. However, I do remember standing in water that was about chest deep, and the water was so clear that I could look down and see my toes just as if were standing on the beach. Beautiful island, and very nice people there.

Barbados' Carlyle Bay is a long stretch of crescent beach. Boatyard is to the north end and has the restaurant and the ocean toys, but if you walk just a little further along south you will be at Brown's Beach-same sand, no toys. Also, if you are a fairly competent swimmer, you can swim out to where the cruise ship catamaran tours are feeding the turtles and you can swim among them "no charge." I often do this.

Love Carlyle Bay and Jolly Beach in Antigua.

We had a great time May 1, restoration was just started, Hope things continue to improve prior to your arrival. We still had a great time.

I was in port back in early May and the island was just starting to show signs of life. I will be back early August and am curious if anything is up and running at Orient yet. We don't need much more than some cold drinks and an umbrella. Are any vendors back yet? How is the transportation situation?

We travel to St Marteen for land based vacations often. While Orient beach is the most popular beach, the water there can be a bit rough. Before the hurricane there were over 20+ food shacks with chair rentals, food and drinks and water sport rentals etc. A few have rebuilt but it's much quieter now.

My absolute favorite beach to visit though is mullet bay. It's a small cove with water clear and calm as a swimming pool. There are a couple vendors who rent chairs and sell food/drinks. My favorite being ribs and rum punch from Rosie's.

Another great day is to spend at Karakters beach bar on Simpson bay. It's a bar made from an old bus. They have loungers and tables and chairs for dinning. Great place. Lovely view.

Great ideas from all. For me, I’d be a little choosy on St Maarten, post hurricane. Do some research specific to that island’s beaches. Some are heavily damaged and some have had some contamination. JMHO.