APDMOM

My View: Live from a Back2Back Adventure on the Seas

We are just about to start our adventure with our safety drill! We are live from Adventure of the Seas for the next two weeks. We will do the Bahamas route first, followed by Canada/New England!

I will try my best to post every night. This is contingent upon reception on the ship. Join us for our adventure!

Our first glimpse of the ship in Bayonne...

Cape Liberty:

ff760830e8688ace85599647853604b6.jpg

A hazy view of Manhattan:

9f41e603da9f91b21397c97c03f7fffc.jpg

We will be back with much more later.

Family of the Seas:

0a26048a45c8cafe4dedf0e461f7baa0.jpg

LUCKY!! Have fun!!! One quick question.. Did you park at the Port? If so, was there plenty of parking? Thanks!

Yay! we will be on Adventure next may for the 12 night repo from Ft. Lauderdale to NJ. Interested in seeing the newly refurbished ship and may have some questions:D

One question already is have they updated the electrical/USB options in the cabins?

Thanks and have a wonderful trip!

APDMOM -- have fun - we just got home from our week on Adventure and had a wonderful time and fabulous weather. Enjoy.

ScottVV -- the garage was pretty full - we parked on the roof around 11AM last Friday. I looked at the lot from the ship early today and there were plenty of open spaces, so even with 3 ships using the port, you'll be fine but might not get into the garage.

Was on the Adventure last year around this time and will be on her again in August. Thinking of doing a b2b. Interested to see ship updates!! I will be following. Thanks.

One question already is have they updated the electrical/USB options in the cabins?

No.

Family of the Seas:

That's pretty hard core to have polos made up. (y)

... One question already is have they updated the electrical/USB options in the cabins? ,,,

Our JS had been upgraded, but I've read reports that this did not happen to all staterooms.

ScottVV -- the garage was pretty full - we parked on the roof around 11AM last Friday. I looked at the lot from the ship early today and there were plenty of open spaces, so even with 3 ships using the port, you'll be fine but might not get into the garage.

Thanks!!!

Our JS had been upgraded, but I've read reports that this did not happen to all staterooms.

I didn't see any updates (in terms of USB/outlets) in the few balcony and below cabins I peeked into.

I didn't see any updates (in terms of USB/outlets) in the few balcony and below cabins I peeked into.

Our USB outlets were not readily apparent, kind of hidden under the new light fixtures on either side of the bed.

LUCKY!! Have fun!!! One quick question.. Did you park at the Port? If so, was there plenty of parking? Thanks!

We parked at the port around 9:30 a.m. We were able to find space on the 4th floor - before the roof. There was plenty of parking on 3 and 4 at that time. Many cars were leaving from the previous cruise. [emoji846]

Looking forward to following your posts - I always enjoy your reports!

Bon Voyage!

Thank you! Hope the wifi cooperates [emoji846]

Thanks for the info! I checked around our light fixtures and we do not have them. We are in a regular balcony category (corner aft).

AO Day 1

b6e55f60a6de1139f9c7241b7c34a6d7.jpg

fdb6b8e7265373aa8b1a4e0cf03b4e86.jpg

Teens:

59536cc666e32f5a711d76073fe5a728.jpg

1fe650db5d4e802ab2592a6a0ab97fbc.jpg

7d77f59985a3cccbc96262a6e3d3072e.jpg

aadf7b974b956d35ed0d735fe0e03095.jpg

Love your reviews. And so cute with your matching shirts. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Enjoying Latin Vibes Trio in Boleros... Menu here:

786a5d5694808b517bda53ee2cbf9a0f.jpg

6f4e1514ae48c895843b65391350d1f9.jpg

c69342e6e3464da706dbf3a68ba941df.jpg

fb734c3103319e6b9d92df6d8367dc22.jpg

9c7b12be21a0d46b9429b9d3b51e5438.jpg

0da5c2464cca592c41199b59c5af668c.jpg

Following...getting excited for our cruise on Adventure at the end of August...

Love your reviews. And so cute with your matching shirts. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thank you, LuCruise! Alway fun to see familiar “faces” visit my review [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Following...getting excited for our cruise on Adventure at the end of August...

No better way to count down than to virtually cruise!

Posted (edited)

We spent the week before our cruise in Shawnee-on-Delaware. We therefore had a drive of about 90 minutes to the port. Not knowing the area, and fearing traffic jams unlike Northeast Florida, we left an hour early.

TIP: We always take pictures of our suitcases that will be checked - just in case we lose one.

011c430fa494f08cbcbcf1187c480f90.jpg

Tip: We found out you have to choose an arrival time when you do online check-in for Cape Liberty. I recommend you complete your online checkin early to ensure an early arrival time, should you so desire.

With that said, we arrived about an hour before our designated arrival time of 10:30. We were able to drop off our luggage and check in without any problems around 9:30.

Driving into the port area:

13c67d5cdcf870405e1e9606da478623.jpg

We had one of the best porter experiences in 26 cruises! Boarding started at 10:15, and we were in the promenade café by 10:25. We opted to grab a light lunch here, as we like to avoid the craziness of the Windjammer on day one.

Tip: If you board early, the Promenade Café is a great option for a more quiet lunch. They opened for lunch at 11 a.m., but you could get the free coffee and tea upon arrival.

In front of the Promenade Café with my beautiful mom:

5237fa2bfb38eb4648b0faba589df676.jpg

Edited by APDMOM
Tips in red

Tip: We found out you have to choose an arrival time when you do online check-in for Cape Liberty. I recommend you complete your online checkin early to ensure an early arrival time, should you so desire.

Just an FYI.... it doesn't matter what time you've chosen to check in online. Cape Liberty doesn't enforce any "check in time" rule. You can arrive whenever you want to and get checked in right away.

After lunch, we waited in the Imperial Lounge for rooms to be ready. From here, we took turns to walk to the helipad. It was quite cool and windy, but we got a good view of the Tear Drop Memorial:

785169b543a1fc839594073e99ccea4a.jpg

I will give more details during the next 14 days about the ship and how to get to different locations on the ship, including the helipad.

The safety briefing was quick and pain free. We watched sailaway from our balcony:

090c936d08984a9818ec63b2e06977c0.jpg

f338694089e903a0dad700370a088ba8.jpg

Aft Views are the Best!

c882d79fe8662140541279bc8b8db4ba.jpg

Just an FYI.... it doesn't matter what time you've chosen to check in online. Cape Liberty doesn't enforce any "check in time" rule. You can arrive whenever you want to and get checked in right away.

Thanks! That is what we experienced today. It was the first time we had to choose an arrival time for a port, so we were not sure who that would go... [emoji846]

We have traditional dining at 5:30 on deck 5. We were a bit tired, and I was slow in getting pictures of our food. [emoji16]

We all enjoyed our meals, including Waldarf salad, Calamari, and mushroom soup for appetizers.

For main course, 4 of us chose the Covina (Fish of the day): It was excellent!

414e715abc95bb9c0c771759c85c3221.jpg

Our son’s dinner:

54cb4422c8294388af28f3950cdd65fa.jpg

Will be following along. Always enjoy your reviews and have not done a B2B yet... Hope you all have two great cruises!

With that, I will call it a day. We are exhausted from the excitement of boarding day. I will elaborate on our cabin and some Crown & Anchor benefits tomorrow.

The end of My View, Week 1 - Day 1:

ad31c7062b39fc6ca0674866282043a4.jpg

Remember when we booked and it seemed to very far away? Thought it would never get here, and now that fourteen months seems like it flew by. Four days until we fly! Enjoy your first week.

Thanks for the info! I checked around our light fixtures and we do not have them. We are in a regular balcony category (corner aft).

Thanks for checking. We’ll also be in a corner aft when we sail next year [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Will be following along. Always enjoy your reviews and have not done a B2B yet... Hope you all have two great cruises!

Thank you! Loving this “floatel” so far [emoji846]

Remember when we booked and it seemed to very far away? Thought it would never get here, and now that fourteen months seems like it flew by. Four days until we fly! Enjoy your first week.

I know! We were just talking about that yesterday. We booked week 2 in March 2017. Prices were excellent back then! I will have to post my spreadsheet with the prices later today. It seems like early bookings continue to be the best on Royal.

Safe travels, hapster! Say hello if you see us next week.

Adventure Ocean Day 2:

7bbf1b87f992a906b638913bab7656b8.jpg

b4105a29c7f5af95899b13a1d3631b68.jpg

On our agenda:

c9e4abe97f207c35535ddb2dfc35a910.jpg