Bringing wine onboard

Hello all

Well I did it I jumped from ncl to royal and while nervous about it still very excited so it's probably those butterflies

Family of 6 cruising together again after 6 years of cruising in all different configurations...dh/dw...mom and dds ..mom and 1 2 or 3 dds

Loved all the cruises but excited to be a whole unit again

Anyway now that they are 18/23/24/28 it's time to bring on the wine

So we have 2 cabins

How many bottles per cabin? 2 per cabin or 2 per occupant?

Corkage fee? Ncl charges $15 per bottle so we just bought on the ship rather than lug it. We will be 1 night pre cruise in Miami and plan to buy bottles there

We never get the drink packages as we never drink that much but a bottle of wine at dinner is heavenly.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2 per cabin. Corkage fee could be charged if consumed outside cabin but rarely is;)

So technically they could charge if we brought a full unopened bottle to mdr?

Hmm. Well with 6 of us having a glass that one bottle will mean one smallish glass each anyway. I guess it will be on the balcony if they try to charge or just walk into mdr with a glass which we could have purchased at any bar

So technically they could charge if we brought a full unopened bottle to mdr?

Hmm. Well with 6 of us having a glass that one bottle will mean one smallish glass each anyway. I guess it will be on the balcony if they try to charge or just walk into mdr with a glass which we could have purchased at any bar

Have yet to hear a report of anyone actually being charged but they could.

2 bottles per cabin irrespective of how many are in the cabin.

Take a full glass to dinner > No corkage.

Take an opened bottle to dinner > they 'may' charge $15 corkage. Most ships don't bother but I wouldn't want the embarrassment of being told I had to pay....

Ok I got it now...2 bottles per cabin for a total of 4 for all 6 of us. Open bottles in cabin and bring to mdr

Make sure to give 28/24/23 yo and dh the bottles to lug onboard. Lol

I'm assuming the room steward will provide wine glasses? A corkscrew?

[emoji106]

Ok I got it now...2 bottles per cabin for a total of 4 for all 6 of us. Open bottles in cabin and bring to mdr

It does not matter whether bottle is open or not, if you take it to the MDR, you may be charged the corkage fee. You will not be charged if you walk in with a filled glass.

Hello all

Well I did it I jumped from ncl to royal and while nervous about it still very excited so it's probably those butterflies

Family of 6 cruising together again after 6 years of cruising in all different configurations...dh/dw...mom and dds ..mom and 1 2 or 3 dds

Loved all the cruises but excited to be a whole unit again

Anyway now that they are 18/23/24/28 it's time to bring on the wine

So we have 2 cabins

How many bottles per cabin? 2 per cabin or 2 per occupant?

Corkage fee? Ncl charges $15 per bottle so we just bought on the ship rather than lug it. We will be 1 night pre cruise in Miami and plan to buy bottles there

We never get the drink packages as we never drink that much but a bottle of wine at dinner is heavenly.

Thanks.

You can bring 2 bottles per adult - they do not check or care who is in what cabin!(y)

It is just the CC police that is throwing the oficial rules at you when in reality RCI does not care as long as you stick with 2 bottles per adult....

You can bring 2 bottles per adult - they do not check or care who is in what cabin!(y)

It is just the CC police that is throwing the oficial rules at you when in reality RCI does not care as long as you stick with 2 bottles per adult....

So a quad occupancy cabin of adults could bring in 8 bottles?

I'll be calling rccl as the time approaches and we aren't buying the wine until Miami anyway

Just asking here because we have never cruised with them all as adults and dh and I weren't interested in paying corkage on ncl nor lugging the stuff ourselves but without rccl corkage and 3 of them over 21 it's now a lot more appealing to lug it on

I'll be calling rccl as the time approaches and we aren't buying the wine until Miami anyway

Just asking here because we have never cruised with them all as adults and dh and I weren't interested in paying corkage on ncl nor lugging the stuff ourselves but without rccl corkage and 3 of them over 21 it's now a lot more appealing to lug it on

No, it is 2 bottles per cabin, irrespective of how many there are in a cabin. It is not per person.

Sure, you could listen to some and try bringing 8 on board. Just don’t get upset if they confiscate them.

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only in their carry-on luggage on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them. Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

Guests are allowed to bring two additional 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom, for each individual sailing, when sailing on consecutive cruises. Additional bottles beyond two, will be stored by the ship and delivered, two bottles at a time, to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing four bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for both sailings available to share with security.

Sure, you could listen to some and try bringing 8 on board. Just don’t get upset if they confiscate them.

Been there & done that. Will not repeat as it's not worth the hassle.

Of course they confiscated my 2 bottles of Merlot and Nancy got to keep her 2 bottles of Moscato ;p

ONE bottle per person of appropriate age. If you are six people age appropriate, each person can bring ONE bottle. Nobody cares or checks to which cabin you are assigned.

It is two bottles per stateroom, not one bottle per person.

It is two bottles per stateroom, not one bottle per person.

OK. Whatever you say. You can quote rules forever, but written statements are not always actuality. When have you ever see anyone asking what cabin you're in when you go thru the security line? The only people who know where your cabin is located are those at the checkin counter.

As others have said, and as a new cruiser to RCI rightfully told you, the rules with RCI is two bottles - 750 ml - of wine per stateroom. Doesn´t matter how many people are booked in the room, as long as one person in the room is of legal drinking age. It´s very clear cut and there´s no discussion about this being the official cruiseline rule.

Now if you are looking at ways around the official rules and what people might or might not get away with you can listen to those foks who try to tell you otherwise;)

... When have you ever see anyone asking what cabin you're in when you go thru the security line? ... .

Only twice, once at Terminal 18 at Port Everglades and once in Galveston.

ONE bottle per person of appropriate age. If you are six people age appropriate, each person can bring ONE bottle. Nobody cares or checks to which cabin you are assigned.

OK. Whatever you say. You can quote rules forever, but written statements are not always actuality. When have you ever see anyone asking what cabin you're in when you go thru the security line? The only people who know where your cabin is located are those at the checkin counter.

You are totally off with this. Many people, like myself, will travel solo and I bring the allowed two bottles without any problems.

When making up your own rules at least don´t make up nonsense stuff, or should I say Fake news, and sell it as actuality.:rolleyes:

Oh btw, yes I have experienced the security folks to check brought on wine bottles against a cabin list and they checked if someone else already had carried on the bottles.

No It Isn’t.

I know they may not check but they also may check. Why encourage people to break the rules?

People breaking the rules made them bring in the rule about everyone in the cabin needing to have the drinks package. Presumably as a direct result of people like you telling people to break the rules .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve been stopped 3 times. We did have 2 cabins though so it wasn’t an issue. Port Canaveral twice and PE once.