Reflection Obstructed Balcony Cabins

CaroleSP

I haven't been on the boards for a very long time. I remember certain informational posts that were permanent, regarding specific classes of cabins; as the look of the boards have changed so much, I can't find the posts. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Specifically, what I am looking for is information on the obstructed view balcony cabins on the Reflection. We are booking closer than we usually do, so there seem to be only obstructed balconies available midship. DH has mobility issues, so the middle of the ship, lower decks (6-8) are the safest for him. Any advice regarding how bad the obstructions are would be of great help to us.

TIA

Carole

hi Carole

Why don't you just call me. We need a get together anyway. I've stayed in the so called obstructive view on the S class ships.

Geez, will it take CC for me to see you and Al again?

hi Carole

Why don't you just call me. We need a get together anyway. I've stayed in the so called obstructive view on the S class ships.

Geez, will it take CC for me to see you and Al again?

Hey Nancy. On hold with Celebrity, right now! Been on hold for 25 minutes.

Just finished my booking; will give you the details later tonight. Got a nice price for a 14 nighter with a residence discount.

I haven't been on the boards for a very long time. I remember certain informational posts that were permanent, regarding specific classes of cabins; as the look of the boards have changed so much, I can't find the posts. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Specifically, what I am looking for is information on the obstructed view balcony cabins on the Reflection. We are booking closer than we usually do, so there seem to be only obstructed balconies available midship. DH has mobility issues, so the middle of the ship, lower decks (6-8) are the safest for him. Any advice regarding how bad the obstructions are would be of great help to us.

TIA

Carole

We have stayed mid-ship Level 6 and 7. The obstructions are minor; just looking down but looking out no problem good viewing. Obstruction is not a problem on those decks.

I don't believe there are any 'obstructed cabins on deck 7 ... I think all the ones classified as 'obstructed' are on deck 6. For very little obstruction on deck 6 midship, try choosing a 2C category. In the 2D category, with few exceptions, the obstruction is the top of the tender boat coming up to your railing of your balcony. In the 2C category, the top of the lifeboat comes up to the floor of your veranda. With either one, you can see out, just not straight down to the water. Neither really bother me at all.

Deck 6 also has a 2B category, I believe, on the hump. There will be no obstruction from these cabins. Also, this deck is very conveniently located to everything on the ship. If smoking bothers you, though, I would book only on the starboard side of the midship cabins on deck 6 as the smoking section is directly beneath these cabin's balcony on the port side and it does waft up.

TIA

Carole

Hi Carole -

We were in an obstructed view balcony on the Reflection this April. I took a video room tour video and put it on YouTube. Here is the link. If you skip to roughly 2:55 into the video you'll see I start to go out on the balcony. Hopefully this helps!