Magic 7 Day Eastern Review

jam19872016

When do you think you are going to do your NCL review? I would love to read it but don't normally go over to the NCL threads.

It will be next weekend at the earliest. Maybe later depending on how much life stuff chooses to get in the way :D I will post a link to it on this thread when I start so it will be easier to find.

Great review! Thank you for posting. We sail on the Magic Sept 15th. Can't wait.

Can you tell me which day was the 2nd elegant night? We are teying to decide which night to book the steakhouse. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great review! Thank you for posting. We sail on the Magic Sept 15th. Can't wait.

Can you tell me which day was the 2nd elegant night? We are teying to decide which night to book the steakhouse. Thanks!

From past experience I can tell you that it will be Thursday night.

Does anyone have current Dailies for our itinerary?!

I do....from last week.... but as much as I have tried I have never been able to upload anything on here.

Something specific I can look up?

2nd elegant night was Wednesday August 1, 2018.

Great! Thanks! :cool:

You're welcome :D

Enjoyed your review! I too, am a seasoned CCL cruiser, and will be giving NCL Getaway a try in October. Will look forward to your review of that ship

Thank you! I think you made a good choice with the Getaway, the Epic has so many design flaws that I did not experience on the Getaway. One piece of advice, don't buy into the "freestyle" hype. It simply doesn't exist on a ship this big, if there is something you want to do you need to make reservations and plan for it or you will have to roll the dice in the standby line. Full review soon.

From past experience I can tell you that it will be Thursday night.

It was on Wednesday.

Hmm, I thought it would be Wed because that is an early return port day. 4pm vs. 6pm on Thursday

You are correct it was Wednesday. If there had been a quiz you would have passed for reading the study material lol ;p

Loved your review! Thank you. Currently I have booked the steakhouse for the 2nd elegant night. What is your opinion on that? MDR looked like it had a great menu that night.

That is a hard one to answer since my taste in food is probably vastly different than your. Personally I think the elegant night MDR menu is a strong one and not one to miss. But that is just me.

Does anyone have current Dailies for our itinerary?!

I do....from last week.... but as much as I have tried I have never been able to upload anything on here.

Something specific I can look up?

2nd elegant night was Wednesday August 1, 2018.

I have them also, but no way to scan them and my camera isn't really strong enough to get a good pic of them where you can read it. Or maybe it is a user error lol. I will also be happy to answer any specific questions although they are not necessarily still current.

Thanks for the review. I have my first Carnival cruise booked on the Breeze. I’m not sure about the formula on NCL and comps. But I know we won quite a bit and we’re still comped balcony rooms. We also joined Urcomped, we may use it to try MSC next. But we do like that we can call NCL anytime we want and ask them to review our last cruise play ask see what we qualify for. We liked not having to wait for an offer to come to us [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the review. I have my first Carnival cruise booked on the Breeze. I’m not sure about the formula on NCL and comps. But I know we won quite a bit and we’re still comped balcony rooms. We also joined Urcomped, we may use it to try MSC next. But we do like that we can call NCL anytime we want and ask them to review our last cruise play ask see what we qualify for. We liked not having to wait for an offer to come to us [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love love love urcomped. Since writing this review I have reached out to them again and now the offers are rolling in. Not sure what happened with the initial oversight but they are treating me very very well now. I will be going to Cuba over New Years comped including taxes thanks to urcomped. I've even had offers for free balconies on Celebrity but too last minute for me to take advantage of.

NCL is much more transparent with their comp system than Carnival. I do believe carnival heavily favors new gamblers so you may find yourself with an attractive offer after your cruise on the Breeze.

According to two reps I spoke to at CAS a $2500 loss is required to comp an inside room which is way too rich for my blood, but for those that do gamble on that level NCL for sure has a much much better comp program in place than Carnival.

I’m cruising on the Magic for an Eastern route out of Miami and I thought Thursday, San Juan was the 2nd elegant night. Is it really Wednesday?

San Juan is Wed on this cruise out of Port Canaveral

I believe we are both correct. Once the Magic sails from Miami it will be sailing on Sundays instead of Saturdays as it does now. That will mean it will be in San Juan on Thursday instead of Wednesday and elegant night will likely indeed be on Thursday once it begins sailing from Miami. For those sailing from Port Canaveral, the second elegant night will be on Wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...