Med bar list 2018

Skier52

I understand that you get a choice of 'house wines' with the classic package.

TWo sparkling wines (flute)

EXACT WORDING QUOTED HERE:-

Cuvee extra dry "Borgo Molino"

Cuvee Dolce "Borgo Molino"

WINES BY THE GLASS

Our Sommelier has selected for you two whites, two reds and one rose

Dessert wines

Sauternes Reserve Du Ciron "Calvet"

Passito di Pantella DOP "Cantine Pellegrino"

• 3 weeks later...
On our sailing there is not a classic drink package. It’s called Restaurant & Bar Drink Package.

Are they the same thing?

We just cruised on Seaview and had the “all inclusive restaurant and bar package” (per my booking docs) which is also known as the classic (no minibar items included not anything with an asterisk)! Sometimes we had to sign for the drinks but it always showed up as a 0.00 charge to the room when we signed and it did not show up at all on our final invoice!

Edited by wetwash

On our sailing there is not a classic drink package. It’s called Restaurant & Bar Drink Package.

Are they the same thing?

It's the equivalent, is the best way to describe it; it's not as comprehensive as the US Classic package, but it's a lot cheaper, though.

Thank you for posting.

Where it states draught Beer, is that Lager or Ale or neither ?

this is the DRAUGHT BEER selection in the sports bar on Seaview. It is only applicable to that bar.

Other bars will have 1 or 2 of the beers shown here, on Seaview it was Heineken served I all the other bars

draught%20beers.jpg

Pete

You got a better deal then we got on MSC USA website - cruising on Seaview next week and it is $203 which works out to $29 a day (pretty close to what we’d pay onboard but we save the 15% gratuity!! I’m booking it now!

MSC has introduced a new, 2-tier pricing system for their drinks packages depending on the cruise duration. Cruises of 9+ nights have a cheaper per diem rate than those of 8 nights and less.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you Pete for all the information. We are on the MSC lirica in September. I do find it strange that the restaurant and bar package include spirits and cocktails but not bottled beers and hot chocolate. Good to know this info. :)

Hot chocolate will be included on Lirica - it's only in the franchised venues on the new-build ships (Meraviglia and Seaside class) that it's not included.

Also, bottled Heineken is included in the package.

Thank you. That's good if you like Heineken both in draught and bottles. Hubby is an ale drinker. I enjoy cocktails and wine so I'm ok. Hubby will have to get used to lager. Good news on the hot chocolate though. :)
There's a really good chance that he'll find Newcastle Brown Ale on draught. Try the Lord Nelson Pub on deck 5, just beyond the Guest Services/Reception area - that's more than likely the venue with a selection of beer on tap (there's usually one venue on every ship with a choice).

You're most likely to find the venue for the best hot chocolate in The Coffee Corner on deck 6. If you're feeling really indulgent, order a Bailey's - no ice - on the side and add it to the hot choc. I often have one of these for elevenses at least once when on a cruise. ♡

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hope you have a wonderful cruise! We're doing a similar itinerary on Poesia in under 4 weeks time which means I should be enjoying a hot chocolate and Baileys very soon indeed [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh Bea ...Just what I need on a new week, Monday blues, worlds weight on my shoulders, surely its nearly Friday kind of day ...Talk of cold lagers (bottle, draft, slippers, rung out dishcloth, I'm not fussy today!), Baileys delicately tipped into hot chocolate, cocktails (frozen, classic or just thrown together in a BIG glass) ...Oh for it to be later this month & not just 'today' ;p

Oh Bea ...Just what I need on a new week, Monday blues, worlds weight on my shoulders, surely its nearly Friday kind of day ...Talk of cold lagers (bottle, draft, slippers, rung out dishcloth, I'm not fussy today!), Baileys delicately tipped into hot chocolate, cocktails (frozen, classic or just thrown together in a BIG glass) ...Oh for it to be later this month & not just 'today' ;p

I'm feeling your pain, Frank! Getting close enough to (almost) be counting it in days and not weeks. :D

Would this menu also cover Northern European cruises?

We're definitely counting the days, almost into single figures :cool:

The menus should be basically the same, CF.

Bon Voyage ... I hope the weather plays nice for you - you're certainly owed one!