Can't Log In (Again) any ideas?

I have been unable to login (again) for the last few days. I have used the (recommended) IE, as well as Chrome and Firefox. I have also tried Firefox in Private mode and Chrome in Incognito. I have also tried it with a different computer (my husbands) and a different account (his). I also can't log in to my Celebrity account.

It's like, I put in my email and password and on IE it just sits there. I lost the stare competition after about 10 minutes of waiting. On chrome in the bottom right of the window was a progress message "can't connect to aws-prd.api.rccl.com", some kind of Amazon SW thing. On Firefox it also had a message but it was simply can't connect to royalcaribbean.com (over and over again). IE just sits there ...

I tried changing my password and I received the email to do so and went through the process but it still didn't work. So I called the number for website help twice yesterday and both times all they could offer was to change my password. Again. They logged in themselves without any problem but for me the new password still didn't work. I asked them when I might hear from a tech person and they said something like, it could be days. (As if I'll hear at all)

I was hoping it would be better today, but, no. As a last resort I emailed C&A and received an auto response. I imagine they will follow up with me but this isn't really their area of expertise. So I'm not sure what to try next.

Anyone with other recent solutions to recent log in problems?

Sheesh.

I swear Royal has (and has always had!) the most problems of any website that I have ever seen. Bar none.

Thank you for your time,

Nancy

Try clearing out your cookies, history, etc. and then reboot your computer. What is perplexing is that you have tried a different computer and you still have problems.

You can also try to get into any upcoming cruise through the cruise planner from the main page without logging in ... click on 'already booked' and then 'cruise planner'. I also used that method to check in after reading how others were having problems with the new website. I do not have problems logging into the new website to see past cruises and current cruises. Waiting for documents to show up for my August cruise. It's really the only link I need from the new website to print out luggage tags.

We had trouble last night also. We leave Saturday so we called RCCL and they signed us up for what we wanted. Yeah their website is embarrassingly bad. (And when you Have more than one stateroom booked it’s much more difficult linking etc. There has to be an easier way. Hey RCCL, separate staterooms all paid for by one person should have option to have same reservation number. It would make linking automatic.)

Thank you all for your responses. It means a lot. At least it helps in the "I know I'm not crazy (I think?)" department :?) . I tried again this morning and no go so yep, I'll have to do it blind as you suggested. Thanks. But its comforting to know that their are people out there that will take a few minutes of kindness to help a frustrated stranger.

Thank you again!

Clear cookies. Reboot. Login on firefox then divert to Chrome via the MS/Apple icon in the view dropdown. Next convert view to MS West Coast version 6.01.024. Make sure you do this between 9:00AM-Noon CST from a 100GB wifi connection via a tablet, not laptop or phone. If this doesn't work, pick up the phone.

Seriously though, we've never had problems logging in or using the website. Sometimes it makes me feel guilty...:)

RCI website is like the weather. It keeps changing. But clearing cookies DOES WORK. And use Windows 10 vs Vista.

I could not finish my on line check in on my vista computer. I had to go to my Windows 10 edge to do the On board credit card portion.

Go figure. oh well. I am sure RCI agents are sooo very tired of all the complaints. Ya would think things would improve.

However, folks over on HAL are also complaining about website issues. Must be the industry as a whole.

I have completely given up. I have my cruise planner ok, but Royal site. UGH. I have changed my password so many times, my mind cant even make one up any more.:mad::(

It's a wonder we all haven't had stress related heart attacks! Or is this what they're hoping for, to clear the system of their loyal customers??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

SOLVED!

Thank you all for your kind, helpful and humorous comments and support. In the past clearing history and cookies did the trick, but no longer. I finally borrowed a computer running windows 10 and Voila! So an extra thank you to Oceansaway17. It works over and over again, using Windows 10.

Ticks me off but at least I have my answer now :(

Thanks again to all of you!

Nancy

On chrome in the bottom right of the window was a progress message "can't connect to aws-prd.api.rccl.com", some kind of Amazon SW thing.

Pretty sure that indicates the web servers are hosted on Amazon Web Services, consequently your login problems could be an Amazon hosting or network issue. It could also indicate a network issue with or between your internet service provider and Amazon. In addition to all the above suggestions, try logging in via a different internet connection, like cellular. Thankfully, this is not an issue I have ever encountered.

SOLVED!

Thank you all for your kind, helpful and humorous comments and support. In the past clearing history and cookies did the trick, but no longer. I finally borrowed a computer running windows 10 and Voila! So an extra thank you to Oceansaway17. It works over and over again, using Windows 10.

Ticks me off but at least I have my answer now :(

Thanks again to all of you!

Nancy

This also happens with apple. I had lots of issues with my old iPad but once I bought a new iPad that was running a newer version of iOS all the problems went away. It appears that Royals sites do not support older operating systems.

... On chrome in the bottom right of the window was a progress message "can't connect to aws-prd.api.rccl.com", some kind of Amazon SW thing....

Pretty sure that indicates the web servers are hosted on Amazon Web Services, consequently your login problems could be an Amazon hosting or network issue...

Yep, and the "api" part of that address suggests software that was written to interface AWS with RCL. So yeah, another potential point of failure.

Login works fine for me (usually) on Windows 7 Pro (yes I'm a die-hard) and Firefox. But I couldn't login once last week, and once or twice the week before, and etc, etc, etc...

And today it was "just" that all my Past Cruises had disappeared. Again. But logout and re-logon resurrected them, again.

Will RCI ever hire real web professionals who know anything at all about what they're doing?

• 2 weeks later...