Adventure of the Seas - Clarifying Question

We are getting excited as the cruise approaches, but I do have one question. I notice a lot of people with the 8:00 Dining Time complaining they missed the shows. I was under the impression that we would go to the show pre-dinner? Am I correct about that or should I be worried that we will also miss the shows? Thanks so much CC friends!! You are the best!

Thanks Bob!

I thought I'd asked that prior to booking and that was the response! Looking at recent COMPASS schedules seems to confirm it as well, but when I was on the reviews page, it seemed like people felt the 8:00 dining caused them to miss "ALL" the shows and I was surprised!

I appreciate your help!

Thanks Bob!

I thought I'd asked that prior to booking and that was the response! Looking at recent COMPASS schedules seems to confirm it as well, but when I was on the reviews page, it seemed like people felt the 8:00 dining caused them to miss "ALL" the shows and I was surprised!

I appreciate your help!

If 8:00 is one of the traditional dining times, you should be fine.

We had the 8pm dinner time and found it conflicted with many activities. The shows were fine but if you’re interested in trivia or smaller venue fun, I’d suggest the earlier dining. We learned that we really enjoyed the evening activities and actually ate at the windjammer a time or two to avoid the conflicts. We sailed June 15, 2018 on Adventure.

Thanks Lil -

I've been following your review!! My husband and I will be sailing without kiddos, but your kids sound like great fun!! As for conflicts, he just said the same thing that if there is something we REALLY don't want to miss, we will do the buffet. He's very much a believer in the fact that we stress over big things not things like dinner. :-) Love your review...thanks so much!

Kind of a rule of thumb.

If you want to see/participate in all the shows/activities opt for early dining. The main shows everyone get's to see as there is a showing for both early and late diners, what you will miss is game type shows (not the big ones like Quest or Newly Wed).

If you want to enjoy a mostly quiet pool deck after 3 - 4 pm opt for late dining.

You can get the best of both worlds by opting for early dining and coming back from port days early.