Is iConcierge connected while you wait to embark?

travelswithK

I downloaded the iConcierge app for a cruise I am taking in August. It looks like you can’t really do anything with it until it connects to your ship’s WiFi. My question is, will I be able to connect while I am waiting to embark and start booking any of the shows or amenities that can usually only be booked on board?

It depend on the port. Some people have reported being able to do so in some places, Miami springs to mind.

From a quick look at your posting history, I think you may be referring to Barcelona. I have boarded there many times and have never been able to connect to iconcierge before boarding, although I haven’t tried every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depend on the port. Some people have reported being able to do so in some places, Miami springs to mind.

From a quick look at your posting history, I think you may be referring to Barcelona. I have boarded there many times and have never been able to connect to iconcierge before boarding, although I haven’t tried every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info. I guess I’ll give it a try and report back!

I downloaded the iConcierge app for a cruise I am taking in August. It looks like you can’t really do anything with it until it connects to your ship’s WiFi. My question is, will I be able to connect while I am waiting to embark and start booking any of the shows or amenities that can usually only be booked on board?

First, the app is pretty poor. And has already been replaced with a new, equally poor app on a couple of ships.

Second, you have to be able to receive a Wi-Fi signal from inside the big metal ship. Usually not possible.

Third, and most important, the ship need to delete all of the old passenger data from the people getting off and upload data for embarking passengers. There are times that even after you embark, when you try to register your phone, it will tell you that your information is invalid because the new data is not loaded yet.

Much, much easier to stop at a touch screen kiosk in elevator lobbies to book dinners, shows, and shore ex. There may be a few things that require you to go to the box office in the open lobby in front of the theater (escape rooms, painting).

I have been able to connect to the ship's WIFI for the last 3 cruises inside the terminal, twice in NYC and once in Miami. Made reservations for the comedy club and other things as well. Yes I have seen the past guests of my rooms when I went to register, but my name was there as well. Bottom line it never hurts to try.