Live from ms Nieuw Amsterdam 2018 June 30

bUU

What White Pass excursion did you take? The photo shows only a couple and a woman in a dining type car. Interesting photo.
We did the White Pass Bennett Lake Adventure. Our car was empty to start. Soon thereafter the conductor evened out our car and the next car, which was full.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

I suspected that was the Lake Bennett excursion. We have been to Lake Bennett twice as part of the former Yukon cruisetours where we went from Whitehorse by bus and train to Lake Bennett where we had a sit down lunch in what I think is now a museum and then continued on the train to Skagway. We loved Lake Bennett and were so disappointed when HAL removed it from the itinerary.

Taking the railroad to Lake Bennett from Skagway is now a pretty expensive separate excursion and I wondered how they managed the box lunch! I hope you enjoyed Lake Bennett as much as we did. Just to stand on the hill, look down and imagine all of those people on the shore of Lake Bennett building their rafts and boats so they could continue their trek on the way to the gold fields. Amazing!

Thanks for the photo.

Though crappy quality, this tablet can take some photos.c51eb5b4f7805ecc57655d2947cbebbc.jpg

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Are you in an aft wrap? Which deck? Looking to book NAM in the future and prefer a deck with a large balcony and lots of over head.

We were in the port side aft wraparound on deck 7.

We were thinking about the aft wrap on deck 8. Yes, I know it's right under the lido but from pictures it appears to have the biggest balcony with the most cover. Can you confirm?

Or, how large is your balcony and how much is covered?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

They did get the kinks worked out by the last full sea day of the cruise, and they refunded the entire amount paid for it, not just the half that promised to refund.

As I mentioned earlier, this was the first cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam with the new plans. That was their explanation for the fact that there was no Internet on embarkation day, actually - they were doing some software conversion. The plans they offered were:

Premium $29.99 per day

Surf $24.99 per day

Social $14.99 per day

And then there were full-voyage packages for each; the materials they provided didn't list the price.