hotels near the port in San Francisco

Cobra427SC

Last time we sailed out of SAN Fran we used The Tuscan now called hotel Zoe. It was really central and most things were walkable. To Pier 27 where our ship docked was a short 5 minute taxi ride with all our suitcases.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some research on the West Coast Departures board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

would be very relevant. The Mods will likely move this thread there.

There is a Frisco in Texas, and one in Colorado. Princess doesn't have any stops there, but they do stop in San Francisco.

thanx for the info, Bruce. do you know from what pier the Grand sails on its Alaska voyages? Are you sure Princess doesn't sail from Frisco, Texas? sure would be more convenient for us, living in Houston. s

Locals get annoyed when folks make up new names for their city.

The entire city of San Francisco is small in size so any hotel that you can afford will work. Uber/Lyft is used quite often to get around. Be aware that conventions greatly affect hotel pricing.

looking for a hotel with a shuttle near the port in 'Frisco. Is there more than one pier from which Princess sails to Alaska? thanx. steve

Lots of them. We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express. There is a Holiday Inn a block away. These are just a few blocks away from the Zoe which was mentioned in another post. There are other hotels nearby. No matter what hotel you select you will have to take a taxi to Pier 27. It's too far to walk with luggage.

thanx for the info, Bruce. do you know from what pier the Grand sails on its Alaska voyages? Are you sure Princess doesn't sail from Frisco, Texas? sure would be more convenient for us, living in Houston. s

Most frequently, Grand docks at the Cruise Terminal, Pier 27.

I was born in San Francisco, lived in and out for the past 71 years. I now live out by San Francisco Airport... for those looking for less expensive hotels, you might check out hotels out at SFO, Marriott, Embassy Suites, Hilton ... getting into SF and the pier from SFO hotels is an easy 30 -45 minutes taxi ride... nice view from hotels out here too. Just a thought...

It depends on what you want to pay, it isn't far from

fisherman's wharf are, walking distance. HyattEmbarcadero, Hyatt Grand. All are in walking distance to the ship at your pier.

3 Hyatt's somewhat near the pier, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Centric & Grand Hyatt. None of them are in easy walking distance to pier 27, especially pulling luggage. All are expensive.

It depends on what you want to pay, it isn't far from

fisherman's wharf are, walking distance. HyattEmbarcadero, Hyatt Grand. All are in walking distance to the ship at your pier.

Big fan of the Hyatt in San Francisco

looking for a hotel with a shuttle near the port in 'Frisco. Is there more than one pier from which Princess sails to Alaska? thanx. steve

Locals don’t take kindly if you refer to San Francisco, as “Frisco”. You are asking for a fight.

There is only one cruise port in San Francisco. Pier 26.

Not knowing your budget, try TripAdvisor.com for hotels near the cruise port with shuttle service.’

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Wrong. Pier 27, the new terminal, is generally used, though the old one at Pier 35 is an occasional alternative. Pier 26 is over a mile away.

See answers below

Locals don’t take kindly if you refer to San Francisco, as “Frisco”. You are asking for a fight.

Correct

Not even close, there are two cruise ports in SF ... Pier 27 is the new pier built a few years ago and is usually the pier Princess uses. When there are a few ships in town, Pier 35 is also used, but rarely by Princess.

Wrong. Pier 27, the new terminal, is generally used, though the old one at Pier 35 is an occasional alternative. Pier 26 is over a mile away.

You are correct. Pier 27 is the new terminal. My bad.

King

We stayed at the Stanford Court before and after our Hawaii cruise in March. It's walking distance to Sears Fine Foods and across the street from the Tonga Room. Both are must visits!

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Forums mobile app

How close is the Stanford Court to the cruise terminal? Is it within walking distance (with rolling luggage]?

King

How close is the Stanford Court to the cruise terminal? Is it within walking distance (with rolling luggage]?

King

Not really. It is about 1.5 miles and I believe the walk would be down a big hill from Chinatown area.

We stayed at the Stanford Court before and after our Hawaii cruise in March. It's walking distance to Sears Fine Foods and across the street from the Tonga Room. Both are must visits!

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Forums mobile app

We have booked this hotel for our pre-cruise stay. What did you think about it. Also, are there any good breakfast places nearby?

I was born in San Francisco, lived in and out for the past 71 years. I now live out by San Francisco Airport... for those looking for less expensive hotels, you might check out hotels out at SFO, Marriott, Embassy Suites, Hilton ... getting into SF and the pier from SFO hotels is an easy 30 -45 minutes taxi ride... nice view from hotels out here too. Just a thought...
I will comment as a visitor to San Francisco rather than a resident. Our son attended Stanford for seven years so we have visited the area quite a few times. I have stayed at the Hilton hotel near the airport several times and the area south of SFO has some nice views. I might consider that location if I was arriving on a flight late on the day before the cruise. With any time to spend, as we have done for cruises, I would book a hotel in the Fisherman’s Wharf area as it is well located for using public transportation for sightseeing. Two of the cable car turnarounds are nearby as well as the historic streetcar line. I would suggest a taxi or UBER from the hotel to the pier.

https://www.streetcar.org/rider-information-map-2/

I will comment as a visitor to San Francisco rather than a resident. Our son attended Stanford for seven years so we have visited the area quite a few times. I have stayed at the Hilton hotel near the airport several times and the area south of SFO has some nice views. I might consider that location if I was arriving on a flight late on the day before the cruise. With any time to spend, as we have done for cruises, I would book a hotel in the Fisherman’s Wharf area as it is well located for using public transportation for sightseeing. Two of the cable car turnarounds are nearby as well as the historic streetcar line. I would suggest a taxi or UBER from the hotel to the pier.

https://www.streetcar.org/rider-information-map-2/

I’m a native- this is excellent advice

Mary