What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Hi, all,

This is a continuation thread of the previous discussion, which was closed due to the size of the thread. It may be found at this link, for reading purposes, but is closed to new posts: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2453189

Please continue the discussion by replying to this thread.

Has anyone received an upgrade offer on the Bliss or read about it on this thread?TIA[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Searching through the old thread, it looks like there have been a few upgrades won on the Bliss. I know a TON of people won upgrades on the Trans Atlantic, but they only sail at about 60% capacity for the inaugural TAs, so there was plenty of room to upgrade. It seems like the current Alaskan Bliss cruises are selling out, which means upgrades are far less likely (though not impossible due to last minute cancellations and such). I would say, if you are sailing on the Bliss in the near future, go ahead an book the stateroom you want outright, because upgrades will be few and far between.

Searching through the old thread, it looks like there have been a few upgrades won on the Bliss. I know a TON of people won upgrades on the Trans Atlantic, but they only sail at about 60% capacity for the inaugural TAs, so there was plenty of room to upgrade. It seems like the current Alaskan Bliss cruises are selling out, which means upgrades are far less likely (though not impossible due to last minute cancellations and such). I would say, if you are sailing on the Bliss in the near future, go ahead an book the stateroom you want outright, because upgrades will be few and far between.
Thanks for your answer. So far that I have seen the Bliss has been totally booked on all the Alaskan sailings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

cool.. 1st page of an expected 5000 post thread!

booked a Balcony (angled) on Bliss for Oct 2018.

What class rooms will be upgrade options for a balcony?

(when i was on the Gem last year, i had an Inside and the only upgrade options were OV and balcony.)

cool.. 1st page of an expected 5000 post thread!

booked a Balcony (angled) on Bliss for Oct 2018.

What class rooms will be upgrade options for a balcony?

(when i was on the Gem last year, i had an Inside and the only upgrade options were OV and balcony.)

Balcony occupants can bid on mini-suites and all Haven suites.

Do mini-suites count as a meta for the purposes of bidding? I.e.,

Inside can bid on Outside or Balcony.

Balcony can bid on mini-suites and suites (including Haven).

What about Outside. Can they bid on suites or only on mini-suites?

Balcony occupants can bid on mini-suites and all Haven suites.

cool.. so a WHOLE bunch of options because of different Haven categories.

1) if i win a haven bid, am i paying the higher DSC?

2) also, i'm going solo on the Bliss.

am i paying 2x my Haven bid if i win? ie: forced double occupancy rate?

3) hm.. If on Bliss balcony, no bidding possible on aft or forward balconies? or Large balconies (B6)?

3) hm.. If on Bliss balcony, no bidding possible on aft or forward balconies? or Large balconies (B6)?

Yes to 1&2. However, you'll also get the great suite perks, priority checkin, suite lounge at most embark ports, dining in the Haven/Suite restaurant, butler and concierge service, etc...

3 is correct, no designation for balconies and you must be in a balcony already to be able to bid on suites.

Good luck.

Hi, all,

This is a continuation thread of the previous discussion, which was closed due to the size of the thread. It may be found at this link, for reading purposes, but is closed to new posts: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2453189

Please continue the discussion by replying to this thread.

Thank you for taking the time to do this, it was getting quite cumbersome. :)

Yes.

Yes. On all upgrades you pay for double occupancy no mater what the actual occupancy of the room is. So if you are solo, you pay 2x your bid. If you are a family of four, the first two pay the bid and the other two are "free".

There are no in-meta upgrades for any category besides Haven. So if you are in an inside or oceanview, there's a chance you will get assigned an Aft Blacony or Large Balcony, but if you are in a Balcony already, you cannot bid for those. Also, if you are in a Haven already, you can only bid on the "higher" category Havens, even if some of those were actually cheaper than your original suite or you feel that some of the lower categories are actually "better" than your current suite.

Yes.

Yes. On all upgrades you pay for double occupancy no mater what the actual occupancy of the room is. So if you are solo, you pay 2x your bid. If you are a family of four, the first two pay the bid and the other two are "free".

There are no in-meta upgrades for any category besides Haven. So if you are in an inside or oceanview, there's a chance you will get assigned an Aft Blacony or Large Balcony, but if you are in a Balcony already, you cannot bid for those. Also, if you are in a Haven already, you can only bid on the "higher" category Havens, even if some of those were actually cheaper than your original suite or you feel that some of the lower categories are actually "better" than your current suite.

thx.

looks like im not bidding on my solo Bliss cruise. :(

and it looks like the best bang for the buck is a balcony bid since you could be assigned a higher category balcony FOR THE SAME PRICE.

IE: Large balcony, aft/forward balcony or even a spa balcony

1- I have read on prior posts that those who had prepaid DSC at regular rate were not charged higher Haven rate. (Of course that could change)

3- Unfortunately, they do not let you bid from a BA to a B1 or B6. Wish they would!

If you are in an Inside or OceanView and win a bid on a balcony you could get lucky and end up in a B1 or B6 or B9.