What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

7 hours ago, TMG2014 said:

I know we are still 8 days out, but anyone heard anything for Feb 7th Breakaway?

On Tuesday I went from balcony to heaven. 

I check availability every day and on that day 2 heaven suites disappeared so I got one and someone else probably did get another

21 minutes ago, Raz3r1 said:

I check availability every day and on that day 2 heaven suites disappeared so I got one and someone else probably did get another

What did you bid and what category in the Haven.

14 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

What did you bid and what category in the Haven.

Got the 2 bedroom one but unfortunately I can't tell you what I bid yet because I am traveling with 2 more people and they also put a bid for heaven, 150pp  below my offer, they have not got an upgrade yet

6 hours ago, Raz3r1 said:

Congratulations. I am still waiting to hear. Noticed they opened up some balconies and stuff yesterday. Tempted to just direct upgrade to the haven instead of this waiting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TMG2014 said:

Congratulations. I am still waiting to hear. Noticed they opened up some balconies and stuff yesterday. Tempted to just direct upgrade to the haven instead of this waiting.

Agreed, this process is stressful! And please no one get preachy about I should have booked outright if I wanted my upgrade that much; this process evolves for sure. Next time I will do it differently!

11 minutes ago, mwolever said:

Agreed, this process is stressful! And please no one get preachy about I should have booked outright if I wanted my upgrade that much; this process evolves for sure. Next time I will do it differently!

Oh next time I will just buy what I want. No more bidding for me. If I knew I could keep my spa passes or some were available to buy I would just go ahead and upgrade to the Haven, but the spa passes are not available to buy for me on the website so I am (not) patiently waiting.

I bid for us to go from a balcony to a mini-suite. I bid in the "poor," range, just to see what happened. I'm not worried if it doesn't happen. I was just curious to see.

No word, yet. We sail tomorrow. We're perfectly happy in a balcony.

2 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

I bid for us to go from a balcony to a mini-suite. I bid in the "poor," range, just to see what happened. I'm not worried if it doesn't happen. I was just curious to see.

No word, yet. We sail tomorrow. We're perfectly happy in a balcony.

You haven't heard ANYTHING? I thought they had to send out rejections at least 48 hours before sail? So approve or deny you should have heard. I would call if no word at all. Or check the actual bid page, the status may be listed.

3 minutes ago, mwolever said:

You haven't heard ANYTHING? I thought they had to send out rejections at least 48 hours before sail? So approve or deny you should have heard. I would call if no word at all. Or check the actual bid page, the status may be listed.

I was going to say the same thing. Does your bid still say "Pending" on the actual bid page? What sailing are you on that sails on a Friday?

12 minutes ago, mwolever said:

9 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I was going to say the same thing. Does your bid still say "Pending" on the actual bid page? What sailing are you on that sails on a Friday?

Found it - email went to spam. Weird, when all other NCL mail goes right to my inbox. Offer was rejected. We'll get a massage, instead!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raz3r1 said:

Got the 2 bedroom one but unfortunately I can't tell you what I bid yet because I am traveling with 2 more people and they also put a bid for heaven, 150pp  below my offer, they have not got an upgrade yet

Hope their bids are accepted as well. Hard to fully enjoy your time in Haven if someone else is in GEN POP...

7 minutes ago, mwolever said:

It looks like they are finally making strides on the Feb 3rd Getaway sailing. All mini suites and most balconies just immediately switched to "sold out." Anyone received their happy emails?

NOOOO!  I was rooting for you!

now you're making me wonder if I should bump up my offers...

Just finished receiving all of our rejection emails. We were booked in a BA on the 2/2 sailing of the Bliss. We were really happy with our original room, because it's one of the angled balconies, so we weren't willing to bid too high on the spa baclony or mini-suites because winning those would mean losing the larger balcony. All categories we bid on were showing sold out for a while now. We bumped up the Spa Haven bid by a crazy amount last week just to see what would happen, but it was still rejected:

H5 - min $400 - bid $430 - bottom of poor
H9 - min $400 - bid $1200 - bottom of good
M9 - min $100 - bid $130 - middle of poor
B9 - min $75 - bid $90 - low end of poor

14 minutes ago, Bitten10 said:

NOOOO!  I was rooting for you!

now you're making me wonder if I should bump up my offers...

I don't know how long it takes to send out the emails and change the bid status, but I will admit that I'm going to be very surprised and disappointed if neither of my bids were accepted. There were so many still available today and I have pretty high bids, so this would be a bummer. Thank you for your emotional support! 🙂 I hope much better luck for you!

5 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Just finished receiving all of our rejection emails. We were booked in a BA on the 2/2 sailing of the Bliss. We were really happy with our original room, because it's one of the angled balconies, so we weren't willing to bid too high on the spa baclony or mini-suites because winning those would mean losing the larger balcony. All categories we bid on were showing sold out for a while now. We bumped up the Spa Haven bid by a crazy amount last week just to see what would happen, but it was still rejected:

H5 - min $400 - bid $430 - bottom of poor
H9 - min $400 - bid $1200 - bottom of good
M9 - min $100 - bid $130 - middle of poor
B9 - min $75 - bid $90 - low end of poor

Sorry that none were accepted JamieLogical! It sounds like you still have a great cabin, so have a lot of fun this weekend!

1 minute ago, mwolever said:

I don't know how long it takes to send out the emails and change the bid status, but I will admit that I'm going to be very surprised and disappointed if neither of my bids were accepted. There were so many still available today and I have pretty high bids, so this would be a bummer. Thank you for your emotional support! 🙂 I hope much better luck for you!

This process is so nerve wracking, and you and Jamie and the whole thread have been keeping me sane.  I'm loving the solidarity... even though I'm kind of happy Jamie got rejected because it seems like she has a sick balcony already.

• Like 1

It really is all about percent of capacity on the ship. I am on the 3/10 Getaway and ALL categories are still available 5 weeks out. I bid on H5 and H9 in the low fair range. Hope to get one of them accepted, but in midship minisuite, so won't be disappointed if we get rejected. You have to look at it as a game - keep checking on capacity of each category and bid a bit more if needed. Just so you don't overbid and feel cheated if you get it and price yourself at the retail price!

I'm on Feb 3 Getaway as well, attempting to bid out of OV...however, didn't care to go much above minimum since the ship location is crap shoot...

I am fine with OV since I picked one that will be quiet...I got stuck in room near karaoke once and had to hear "Skeet Skeet Skeet"....at like 2am.....so i would have to pay next to nothing to make this gamble worth it

Edited by AJ83709

11 minutes ago, AJ83709 said:

I'm on Feb 3 Getaway as well, attempting to bid out of OV...however, didn't care to go much above minimum since the ship location is crap shoot...

I am fine with OV since I picked one that will be quiet...I got stuck in room near karaoke once and had to hear "Skeet Skeet Skeet"....at like 2am.....so i would have to pay next to nothing to make this gamble worth it

I kept raising my bids, but then it didn't seem worth it. My cabin location is mid-ship on deck 11. At least I know what I am getting if I stay put. I still kept my bids, but reduced them to create some value if I do win them.

1 hour ago, AJ83709 said:

That's exactly how I felt when bidding from my angled balcony on a spa balcony and spa mini-suite. Basically winning either of those had to be cheaper than buying spa passes outright, because otherwise it wouldn't be worth giving up my angled balcony.

Just got awarded an upgrade on the Feb.24th sailing of the Getaway. Went from a H7 (forward facing suite) to a H6 (aft facing suite). Bid was $1,500 Canadian (middle of fair) Looking forward to the big balcony and since our son will be with us for the first time, the extra space and washroom will come in handy.

Edited by gmbhardy
More info

4 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Just got awarded an upgrade on the Feb.24th sailing of the Getaway. Went from a H7 (forward facing suite) to a H6 (aft facing suite). Bid was $1,500 Canadian (middle of fair) Looking forward to the big balcony and since our son will be with us for the first time, the extra space and washroom will come in handy.

Apparently I should have bid in Loonies!....still waiting for news on my Feb 3 departure...

Being I will have an answer within the next 24 hours, I was wondering what my bid status will say once it is accepted or rejected. Both bids still say, “pending”.

I keep checking my email, credit card, and bids to look for any sign of the outcome.