What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Hi, I booked for a GTY balcony room, If i ever get upgraded for a better catetory, will I automatically have the options to chose (2 out of 5 gratuities that NCL offers (free drink package, freel specialy meals, free wifi, etc)? thanks

No. You don't get additional perks when upgrading through the Upgrade Advantage Program, unless those perks are specifically associated with the *room*, like upgrading to a Spa Balcony/Mini-Suite/Haven Suite WILL get you spa access. Or upgrading to any Haven Suite will get you Haven access as well as butler and concierge services. You will not, however, get any additional Free At Sea perks.

What did you bid?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Congrats!!! That's the exact date and time another couple we are traveling with got their upgrade (inside to ocean view). I am pretty much assuming that means that the process is over, and those pending will stay that way. But who knows :shrugs:

Query! I'm sailing on the Breakaway 10/27 and bid on a few different upgrades. I can no longer find a link to my upgrade offers so I went back to my email to find my confirmations. Some of them were moved to "expired." I didn't realize they could expire. Anyone else have this happen to them or know what it means?

Query! I'm sailing on the Breakaway 10/27 and bid on a few different upgrades. I can no longer find a link to my upgrade offers so I went back to my email to find my confirmations. Some of them were moved to "expired." I didn't realize they could expire. Anyone else have this happen to them or know what it means?

I don't recall ever seeing "expired" on that page. Are here still others flagged as "pending"?

I don't recall ever seeing "expired" on that page. Are here still others flagged as "pending"?

I went back to check and saw one was listed as processing? So maybe I actually got upgraded for that one and an email hasn't come in yet?? Fingers crossed! lol

I went back to check and saw one was listed as processing? So maybe I actually got upgraded for that one and an email hasn't come in yet?? Fingers crossed! lol

Yep!!! Congrats!!! Check your credit card. That's usually the quickest way to find out. They are slow with the emails.

Leaving in 2 days, notified today all Haven bids & mini suite spa denied. All were in poor range, and they showed as sold out, so it was expected. Bidding up from a BA. Bid $750pp H9; $600 pp H7; $650 pp H5; $110 pp Spa Mini Suite.

Previously posted that the bids I put in for my in-laws from a guaranteed balcaony stateroom to a mid ship mini suite $75 pp was accepted about 4 weeks out.

We just received our Haven Upgrade award from B3 to H9 with 29 days to go for 10/27 Breakawy 15 nights. We bid a bit over $1k and still saved around $3,500 plus we have spa thermal that was $299PP on this cruise.

It looks like a bunch of H9 were handed out today form 8 available on 9/22 to 4 today. We bid $20 more total for H4 and $20 less for H5.

We just received our Haven Upgrade award from B3 to H9 with 29 days to go for 10/27 Breakawy 15 nights. We bid a bit over $1k and still saved around $3,500 plus we have spa thermal that was $299PP on this cruise.

It looks like a bunch of H9 were handed out today form 8 available on 9/22 to 4 today. We bid $20 more total for H4 and $20 less for H5.

which one did you book previously?

We’re on the 10/27 Breakaway as well. We received the upgrade offer at 80 days out but didn’t get a chance to place our bids till 9/15. My in-laws had a connecting Family Balcony with us (one B2 and one B3). I bid on all Haven upgrades for each of our cabins. The amounts were in the fair to low strong range for each category but the bid was EXACTLY the same amount for my in-laws as it was for us for each Suite category. Thankfully, today I received emails from NCL that we were both upgraded

(29 days out)!!

The strange part is they were upgraded to Spa Suite and we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom family suite. I have nowhere near as much knowledge as JamieLogical or others on this thread, but I’m wondering if the fact that we had 73 Lattitudes points going into this cruise and they had 24 has any bearing on us being awarded the 2 bedroom family (although the bid was a bit higher for it than the Spa Suite - but again, their bids were identical) Also, we have a back-to-back in an Aft Haven Suite for 28 days scheduled in the future. Do you think they look at these things?

I looked back at my offers and all the rest showed “expired” except the awarded ones which showed “processing”. I also have emails from my credit card showing the purchase.

One question, we had prepaid the gratuities.....will NCL go back and adjust the gratuity amount since we’re now in a Haven which pays a higher rate?

Thanks!

We’re on the 10/27 Breakaway as well. We received the upgrade offer at 80 days out but didn’t get a chance to place our bids till 9/15. My in-laws had a connecting Family Balcony with us (one B2 and one B3). I bid on all Haven upgrades for each of our cabins. The amounts were in the fair to low strong range for each category but the bid was EXACTLY the same amount for my in-laws as it was for us for each Suite category. Thankfully, today I received emails from NCL that we were both upgraded

(29 days out)!!

The strange part is they were upgraded to Spa Suite and we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom family suite. I have nowhere near as much knowledge as JamieLogical or others on this thread, but I’m wondering if the fact that we had 73 Lattitudes points going into this cruise and they had 24 has any bearing on us being awarded the 2 bedroom family (although the bid was a bit higher for it than the Spa Suite - but again, their bids were identical) Also, we have a back-to-back in an Aft Haven Suite for 28 days scheduled in the future. Do you think they look at these things?

I looked back at my offers and all the rest showed “expired” except the awarded ones which showed “processing”. I also have emails from my credit card showing the purchase.

One question, we had prepaid the gratuities.....will NCL go back and adjust the gratuity amount since we’re now in a Haven which pays a higher rate?

Thanks!

Did you and your parents both bid the same? If so, it seems like Latitude points are a likely tie breaker. I know that your Latitude points total is passed along in the data that goes to PlusGrade (the third-party that handles the bidding process), so they do have that information. From what I can see in the code, upcoming reservations are nor passed along, so I am not sure that would factor in.

Did you and your parents both bid the same? If so, it seems like Latitude points are a likely tie breaker. I know that your Latitude points total is passed along in the data that goes to PlusGrade (the third-party that handles the bidding process), so they do have that information. From what I can see in the code, upcoming reservations are nor passed along, so I am not sure that would factor in.

Yes, the bids were exactly the same (I did them all). We’re not complaining, we’re happy to be upgraded... just adding info to help solve the puzzle of how bids are awarded.

JamieLogical, do you know if NCL will add another charge automatically for the difference in the gratuity we’ve already paid on a Balcony and the amount in the Haven? I think it’s about $2.00 or so more pp per day. I’ve already been charged for the upgrade and it’s reflected on “my NCL” vacation summary, but there’s no change in the pre-paid gratuity there.

Thanks

Yes, the bids were exactly the same (I did them all). We’re not complaining, we’re happy to be upgraded... just adding info to help solve the puzzle of how bids are awarded.

JamieLogical, do you know if NCL will add another charge automatically for the difference in the gratuity we’ve already paid on a Balcony and the amount in the Haven? I think it’s about $2.00 or so more pp per day. I’ve already been charged for the upgrade and it’s reflected on “my NCL” vacation summary, but there’s no change in the pre-paid gratuity there.

Thanks

I have heard mixed info on this. NCL states that they WILL charge you the extra, but many people have reported not having to pay the extra if they had already pre-paid. I think the truth is that NCL doesn't have a reliable mechanism in place for charging the extra once DSC has already been pre-paid. Whereas, if the DSC goes on your onboard account, they can just automatically charge the extra per day if you haven't pre-paid.

I have heard mixed info on this. NCL states that they WILL charge you the extra, but many people have reported not having to pay the extra if they had already pre-paid. I think the truth is that NCL doesn't have a reliable mechanism in place for charging the extra once DSC has already been pre-paid. Whereas, if the DSC goes on your onboard account, they can just automatically charge the extra per day if you haven't pre-paid.

Thanks! I’ll let you know once we’re home on 11/11!

We are booked Escape (inside)Nov 11-18 out of NY and Star Nov 19-30 out of Miami (Ocean view). Bidding balcony on Escape and balcony on Star. Each bid $200. Escape wide open lots of balconys available, Star almost sold out. We were notified our Star bid accepted 3 weeks ago and so far nothing for Escape. 40 days out..

Hard to understand how they award the bids.....